Where is there a good God?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Where is there a good God?

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:22 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:07 pm
"Nothing knows" is meaningless.
And no, I do know something.
The claim to know something requires a knowledge of that something.
How do you know that?
So yes, you do know nothing.
Wrong

Sculptor wrote: “and I have every right to thinking that the nothingness of before is the same as the nothingness of after.”

So yes,not no, you do know nothing.
You think you know something about me, but I know you do not.
Since you do not know what I know, nor know that I know it; upon that you must remains silent.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:03 pm
How do you know that?

Sculptor wrote: “and I have every right to thinking that the nothingness of before is the same as the nothingness of after.”

The same way you know the nothingness of before birth and after death…isn’t that something 🤫

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:16 pm
Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pm
What if you are wrong and there is a life after death?
OF COURSE there IS 'life' AFTER 'death'. This is JUST IRREFUTABLE.
Do you have any proof? Where is it?
YES.

But first I WILL PREWARN you that what you are ASSUMING here is NOT what I am REFERRING TO, AT ALL.
Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm There is ALWAYS A CONTINUAL RECURRENCE of 'life' AND 'death', HERE-NOW, IN this One and ONLY, eternal, Universe.
What do you mean?
The term or phrase 'afterlife' does NOT, and I will repeat does NOT, MEAN what most of 'you', adult human beings, think or believe 'it' does, in the daysw when this is being written.

The word 'afterlife' REFERS TO some 'thing' ELSE.

Now, what I MEAN is the words 'life' AND 'death' are just USED in reference to particles of 'matter', which are formed into particular shapes, or forms. For example, the particles of matter that are formed into the shape, or form, of a 'human body', in which the heart is pumping, the lungs are functioning, and thoughts and emotions are occurring is REFERRED TO as 'life', 'being alive', or as a 'living one', but when these 'functions' STOP functioning then those particular particles of 'matter' in that shape and form is REFERRED TO as 'death', 'not alive anymore', or a 'dead one'.

BUT, there IS ALWAYS 'life' OCCURRING 'after' 'those bodies, or objects, of matter' are REFERRED TO as 'dead'.

There IS ONLY One place WHERE absolutely ANY and EVERY 'thing' could HAPPEN and OCCUR, and 'that place' IS, OBVIOUSLY, HERE, within 'this One and ONLY Universe. So, ALL 'after' 'life' HAPPENS and OCCURS HERE, in this One and ONLY 'Life', or 'living Universe'.

Now, I could probably WRITE absolute PAGES and PAGES MORE, and which ALL of 'them' could and would PROVE ABSOLUTELY what I SAID, CLAIMED, and am ALLUDING TO here. But which could ALSO just FALL ON DEAF EARS, as some call 'this' phenomena. However, if you were and are FAR MORE SPECIFIC in your QUESTIONING, instead of just ASKING 'things' like, 'What do you mean?', then I can FAR MORE QUICKLY and EASILY EXPLAIN 'this' TO you FULLY.

The word 'afterlife', contrary to popular belief, has NEVER EVER been in reference to one individual human being ONLY, and what happens TO 'them'.
Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:53 pm

'This' is like CLAIMING, without bread there is NO bread.
That is not the case in the non-eternal universe.
HOW IS 'it', supposedly and allegedly, NOT 'the case'?

What IS 'God' then, EXACTLY?
Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm

But God, Itself, NEVER does 'evil' 'things'. ONLY 'you', adult human beings, do 'evil' 'things'.
So, how about earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, etc.?
LOL
LOL
LOL

ONLY the Truly IMMATURE would even consider that an earthquake, tidal wave, or hurricane are 'evil things'.

LOL if it was NOT for 'these things' 'you', human beings, would NOT have EVOLVED, into CREATION. Nor, would NOT have been CREATED, to EVOLVE.

The VERY 'things', which 'you' are SAYING and CLAIMING are 'evil things' here, ARE the VERY 'things' that HELPED IN 'your' OWN EVOLVING-CREATION.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:35 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 9:03 pm
How do you know that?

The same way you know the nothingness of before birth and after death…isn’t that something 🤫
How do you know?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:58 am
How do you know?
To 'know something' implies a knower, which implies two things, the knower and the known. However, while the knower can know the known. The 'known' can never know the knower, as knowing is inseparable from the known. There is no division there, except in this conception. There's no direct knowing outside the contact between knower and known, which is the source of knowing.

I am, I exist, is known without doubt or error. I am that I am, is self-evident, and absolute.

The answer to the HOW question can go something along the lines of there is no definite way to confirm that we know anything at all. Questions can only arise to the sense of a 'separate self' where there isn't one.

Knowledge therefore, can only point to the illusory nature of reality.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:02 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:58 am
How do you know?
To 'know something' implies a knower, which implies two things, the knower and the known.
You can't know that.
Why do you think you know that?
However, while the knower can know the known. The 'known' can never know the knower, as knowing is inseparable from the known. There is no division there, except in this conception. There's no direct knowing outside the contact between knower and known, which is the source of knowing.

I am, I exist, is known without doubt or error. I am that I am, is self-evident, and absolute.
Really?
Prove it!
It's more than you admit for others. WHat makes you so special?

The answer to the HOW question can go something along the lines of there is no definite way to confirm that we know anything at all. Questions can only arise to the sense of a 'separate self' where there isn't one.

Knowledge therefore, can only point to the illusory nature of reality.
That is your problem obviously.
You have lost touch with reality. So much is clear.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:52 pmWHat makes you so special?
I'm special because I'm a walking, talking, breathing, living sentient conscious miracle. I see, hear, smell, touch, and talk to dead people. :D

Sculptor wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:52 pmThat is your problem obviously.
You have lost touch with reality. So much is clear.
Not a problem here from where I'm standing.

That is the meaning of true knowledge.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:52 pm
How do you know?

Why do you think you know that?

Really?

Prove it!

It's more than you admit for others.

WHat makes you so special?

That is your problem obviously.

You have lost touch with reality.

So much is clear.
A flower does not use words to announce it's arrival to the world. It just blooms.

I'm a blooming marvelous miracle I am.

Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:06 pm Life is a death sentence, and a lonely one. How can there possibly be a good God?
There is no God, good or bad. There might be aliens but I doubt they have any causal relationship with your death or loneliness.

Life is a gift of knowledge that there is something rather than nothing.

Loneliness can be a good thing and sometimes bad. Sometimes the grass is greener where you are not physically or emotionally. The problem lies in not finding the good in where you are now, not having regrets about how you got to where you are now, and knowing that you have the power to change things when you want.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:44 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:06 pm Life is a death sentence, and a lonely one. How can there possibly be a good God?
There is no God, good or bad. There might be aliens but I doubt they have any causal relationship with your death or loneliness.

Loneliness can be a good thing and sometimes bad. Sometimes the grass is greener where you are not physically or emotionally. The problem lies in not finding the good in where you are now, not having regrets about how you got to where you are now, and knowing that you have the power to change things when you want.
Well said!

When we can learn to love/accept where we are, our resistance (and our struggle with it) falls away and we can MOVE on with our thinking.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:44 pm The problem lies in not finding the good in where you are now, not having regrets about how you got to where you are now, and knowing that you have the power to change things when you want.
I change things when I can. Other than that, everything is as it is. Nothing I can do about it.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:51 pm
Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:44 pm The problem lies in not finding the good in where you are now, not having regrets about how you got to where you are now, and knowing that you have the power to change things when you want.
I change things when I can. Other than that, everything is as it is. Nothing I can do about it.
You can adapt. Change doesn't necessarily mean making changes external to you. It also means making changes within yourself. It's how we learn.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Trajk Logik wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:56 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:51 pm
You can adapt. Change doesn't necessarily mean making changes external to you. It also means making changes within yourself. It's how we learn.
No one "changes their mind". A mind thinks what it thinks based on what it experiences. The only time a mind "changes" is when it has a mental breakdown and begins to dissociate from reality.
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:44 pm

Huh? There are plenty of gods. I can't believe you haven't heard of any of them. Folks talk about them fairly routinely.