There is no Soul - it’s another Christian mythological belief.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: There is no Soul - it’s another Christian mythological belief.

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:36 am
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:16 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:49 am

Yes Sculptor, I totally agree with you.

I personally inquired into the nature of selfhood, listening to the words of many spiritual gurus because I was always troubled at the thought of an imposed individual ''I'' that was somehow separated from universe. Insofar as I was conditioned to believe that there was an I here, who was separated by another I there. This ''I'' was a notion that was indoctrinated into me from birth, and it always troubled me, as it felt so wrong, the idea there was an ''I'' inside my head never made any sense to me personally.

It was far easier for me to settle for the wholeness of reality, than to believe it had automonous working separate parts called individual people which after much contemplation turned out to be an illusion.

Religious belief of substance dualism came about when consciousness became so profound and powerful that it artificially separated itself from the rest of nature. But all was not lost, because the same consciousness that branched off from it's roots was able to repair the breach.
Whatever "spirit", "soul", "mind" or "essence" might be all the evidence points to the simple fact that the phenomena that we attribute to the idea is generated by a functioning human body, particularly the brain and associated matter such as the neural matter that extends to the heart and digestive system.
And there is not one scrap of evidence that the mind can exist without that physical structure, but is wholly dependant on its functioning.
It is worth thinking about that people who have had heart transplants can acquire characteristics from the donor heart. Although, hard to prove, hosts of new hearts have reported liking things that their donors used to like in their lifetimes with enough force to ask their surgeons to know more about the likes and dislikes of their donors.
The human heart carries a significant amount of brain matter. The idea of a "heart felt" emotion is more accurate than we ever knew.
I agree, and well said, the heart was ''high'' jacked-up by the religious freaks into an idol of worship, where this self idolatry was idolised to be divine, even though there is no self here to idolise. The apparent self can never know it has a heart except what is imagined, made up via the capacity to conceptualise what has never been seen, except as a concept known.
Yup!. But a case in point that demonstrates the many of the oldest myths have a kernel of truth. IN this case the simple fact that the neural matter in the heart responds to emotional stimuli.
.. Then, people add the mumbo-jumbo.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:29 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:47 am
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:27 am
Good observations. This particular one ... that saying about a good day to die ... it may have even come from a movie, about American aboriginals.

It does sound romantic though, doesn't it. Rather, New Agey.

(I've heard I'm incomprehensible, so speak up if you don't understand.)
I would say the rest of his post in New Agey. I don't think most New Agers quite have the spirit of 'It's a good day to die.' Especially in the before battle sense it was originally used, but even in the more ordinary sense.
But in the way New Age mixes and matches (and ignores) things from a bunch of traditions and end up being a kind of inward facing virtue signaling Without real committment, sure.
Your reply reminds me of Fauxcahontous*.

* Elizabeth Warren, high-profile woman politician who said she has the "Native American," blood, but she does not.
Is that worse or better than Trump claiming to have more than two brain cells??
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:36 am
* Elizabeth Warren, high-profile woman politician who said she has the "Native American," blood, but she does not.
What a heinous crime. :shock:

Someone needs to wag a very stern finger at that woman. :evil:
Or everyone, including illegal non-citizens, could just not vote for her. Not likely, given her neck of the woods.

The Left thinks it's either a crime or a mortal sin to culturally misappropriate, as they say. But, the Woke make exceptions for their own kind. Wokism discriminates.

Last edited by Walker on Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:51 am Strip away romantic clouds, and “It’s a good day to die,” is like, the ultimate loser philosophy.

If you know you live, then you are going to die, loser.

Accept you know nothing, or keep on spitting up your own semen, that nasty smelling fowl tasting conception you think is real, but will never know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:00 am

Or everyone, including illegal non-citizens, could just not vote for her.

The Left thinks it's either a crime or a mortal sin to culturally misappropriate, as they say. But, the Woke make exceptions for their own kind. Wokism discriminates.

Get off my thread, you are now off topic.

This thread is not a soap box for your obnoxious rants about wokisim.

I'm serious, stop now.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Heal thyself.
DAM wrote:You really are an unpleasant person
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:02 am

I'm serious, stop now.
Yeah Harbal. What's with that Woke Finger Wagging business?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:58 am
Yup!. But a case in point that demonstrates the many of the oldest myths have a kernel of truth. IN this case the simple fact that the neural matter in the heart responds to emotional stimuli.
.. Then, people add the mumbo-jumbo.
Yes they do, and my job as a woman is to clean up the mess. I just want truth to shine the way it is, and not be shrouded in mumbo-jumbo, obscurity always leads one down the murky path.. ( joke :wink: )

Anyways, it's a filthy job cleaning out the swamp, but someone has to do it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:06 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:02 am

I'm serious, stop now.
Yeah Harbal. What's with that Woke Finger Wagging business?
Last warning, say no more, stay on topic and respect the thread title only.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

(I've heard I'm an idiot, so speak up if you don't understand.)
You are obsessed with the "Left" and "Wokism".
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:09 am

(I've heard I'm an idiot, so speak up if you don't understand.)
You are obsessed with the "Left" and "Wokism".
:lol:

That's funny what you did with my little tagline. It's untruthful, but cute. Childish. But shape up, Buster.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:02 am Get off my thread, you are now off topic.

I'm serious, stop now.
Harbal, this is serious stuff. I mean, we’re in some for some real philosophy here. So, knock it off.

Personal insults, vile language, and irrelevant descriptions of the body and it’s functions, that’s okay. But don’t talk about Woke. You have specific orders from the Petty Tyrant. The slaver up there, bossing everyone around. Get off my thread indeed. Ain't she high and mighty. :roll:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:04 am Heal thyself.
DAM wrote:You really are an unpleasant person
When you are dead, I will be healed. We both know this.

Some people are unpleasant, it's a fact, it's an emotion that has no cure. I'm very unpleasant when I want to be, and I will own this emotion without any regret.

So why are you requesting for a healing? it's not like you give two shiny shits about the welfare of others, or maybe you did not like to hear the truth about yourself, you couldn't handle it...because truth hurts.

Imagine having to be born into world where you are told by some random nobody on the internet that you need to be healed.

Just for even daring to admit that unpleasant people exist...oh my gosh, I must always make sure I am on my best behaviour. I mean god for fucking forbid I ever slip out of my mask of having to keep up the pathetic pretence of being God's little shoeshine boy, else I'll be banished to the world of the sick people forever....and ever.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:21 am
Personal insults, vile language, and irrelevant descriptions of the body and it’s functions, that’s okay.
Telling people to heal themselves, implies there is something wrong with them. It's a covert way of being insulting.

You are so innocent aren't you. I keep forgetting, you have to keep up the image of God's little shoeshine boy, else Jesus's sacrifice would have all been a waste of time.

You are welcome to be a plonker Walker, but don't act it out on my thread, now walk away, just walk away, be the better person and just walk away, jesus will be proud of you, and will reward you heaven for that noble act.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:21 am
Harbal, this is serious stuff. I mean, we’re in some for some real philosophy here. So, knock it off.
You think that claiming to be part Injun, when you are (allegedly) not, is serious, yet you consider an acting president of the USA inciting citizens to riot is okay? You are the one who needs to knock it off. :roll:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:21 am Get off my thread indeed. Ain't she high and mighty. :roll:
I said stay on topic,or leave, but you cannot stay on, because you are a fool.

It's ok, there is one born every minute.