Wedding.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Wedding.

Post by thedoc »

Terrapin Station wrote:Contradictions are formal logical issues. Contradictions only obtain with occurrences of P & ~P. Otherwise, it's not a contradiction.
Wrong, contradictions happen everywhere, they are not limited to just formal logic. You really need to get out more.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

[quote="Terrapin Station"]
That would be the only way that it would amount to being contradictory. Okay, so where did I equate values and abilities? Give me the quote.
[quote]

There are many ways to be contradictory, not just in formal logic.

I've feed you enough already. Now I'm going to follow my own advice, "Don't feed the Troll".
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

thedoc wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:Contradictions are formal logical issues. Contradictions only obtain with occurrences of P & ~P. Otherwise, it's not a contradiction.
Wrong, contradictions happen everywhere, they are not limited to just formal logic. You really need to get out more.
What in your view would be a contradiction that doesn't amount to a statement of P & ~P?
Terrapin Station

Post by Terrapin Station »

thedoc wrote:
Terrapin Station wrote:
That would be the only way that it would amount to being contradictory. Okay, so where did I equate values and abilities? Give me the quote.

There are many ways to be contradictory, not just in formal logic.

I've feed you enough already. Now I'm going to follow my own advice, "Don't feed the Troll".
In other words, you haven't the faintest idea what I said that would count as a conflation of abilities and values--or you were just making that up.

Jesus this place sucks for philosophical discussion.