I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Science Fan

Re: I am an Islamophobe. If you are not, you might not be a moral person.

Post by Science Fan »

You didn't address my point: If Muslims have to tell other Muslims not to say a Muslim prayer for the Muslim terrorists, then doesn't this give us reason to believe that Muslims have been praying for Muslim terrorists in significant numbers and continue to do so? Why else would they have to deliver such a message? There have been a large number of Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK, and if Muslims are only now deciding that praying for the terrorists is not a good idea, I do not take that as a positive sign.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 pm You didn't address my point: If Muslims have to tell other Muslims not to say a Muslim prayer for the Muslim terrorists, then doesn't this give us reason to believe that Muslims have been praying for Muslim terrorists in significant numbers and continue to do so? Why else would they have to deliver such a message? There have been a large number of Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK, and if Muslims are only now deciding that praying for the terrorists is not a good idea, I do not take that as a positive sign.
Muslims have not ever been "praying for the terrorists". Some ex-Muslims are terrorists and these people cannot pray as Muslims, but as terrorists.
As I have explained the long-established Church of England also has an august body which makes decisions on behalf of the ministers.I also explained that the Pope is like the Muslim advisory body as he circulates encyclicals among the faithful.
Funeral prayers, as I explained, are very often prescribed rituals and as such are unthinking to a large extent. You probably know that in Christian churches those markers of important life events, marriages, funerals, and christenings, are done within churches very often by people who may not understand Christian doctrine or even have any intention of maintaining church attendance. Why do you fancy that Muslims are any more sophisticated?

It is terribly silly to make alarm and despondency about Muslims in general at this time when we look to Muslims to guard their own Muslim community against terrorist ex-Muslims.

Science Fan, I wonder if you are conflating Islamic and islamist.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

The following pejoratives show ignorance of how lovable are women's pudenda, and how much affection and loyalty rescued mongrels and stray dogs have given back to their rescuers.
You offensive wicked and smelly cⱱnt. You malevolent cur. You hissy and slovenly stray dog.
Try to get up to date with your facts when you aim to insult.

I think the above quote is from Seleucus, if not I apologise but not my fault anyway the stupid quotations format is to blame.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

So, these Muslims are spending time telling their fellow Muslims not to pray for Muslim terrorists for absolutely no reason? That makes no sense. What is your evidence for the claim that Muslims do not pray for terrorists. After all, Muslims around the world were highly concerned with how Osama bin Laden was buried at sea. Why was that a concern if terrorists are automatically disowned by Muslims?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:09 pm God is whoever or whatever one hold as the ideal.
Which "one," and what qualifies his particular impressions -- or perhaps delusions -- for an epithet like "god"?

But as it is, you've still got the problem: Atheists say there is no such. The word "god" has no real referent, they say. You say it does.

Or are you just campaigning for a local delusion?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:52 pm So, these Muslims are spending time telling their fellow Muslims not to pray for Muslim terrorists for absolutely no reason? That makes no sense. What is your evidence for the claim that Muslims do not pray for terrorists. After all, Muslims around the world were highly concerned with how Osama bin Laden was buried at sea. Why was that a concern if terrorists are automatically disowned by Muslims?
Taqiya. It's a word everyone should know by now.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:55 pm
Science Fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:52 pm So, these Muslims are spending time telling their fellow Muslims not to pray for Muslim terrorists for absolutely no reason? That makes no sense. What is your evidence for the claim that Muslims do not pray for terrorists. After all, Muslims around the world were highly concerned with how Osama bin Laden was buried at sea. Why was that a concern if terrorists are automatically disowned by Muslims?
Taqiya. It's a word everyone should know by now.
Taqiya. Come on Immanuel,at least say your accusation straightforwardly.

What is your evidence for the claim that Muslims do not pray for terrorists.
Is there any evidence that they do? After all, why would they?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Science Fan wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:19 pm You didn't address my point: If Muslims have to tell other Muslims not to say a Muslim prayer for the Muslim terrorists, then doesn't this give us reason to believe that Muslims have been praying for Muslim terrorists in significant numbers and continue to do so? Why else would they have to deliver such a message? There have been a large number of Islamic terrorist attacks in the UK, and if Muslims are only now deciding that praying for the terrorists is not a good idea, I do not take that as a positive sign.
I see nothing wrong with your logic on this.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:54 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:09 pm God is whoever or whatever one hold as the ideal.
Which "one," and what qualifies his particular impressions -- or perhaps delusions -- for an epithet like "god"?

But as it is, you've still got the problem: Atheists say there is no such. The word "god" has no real referent, they say. You say it does.
Yes. As whatever ideal in laws and rules one holds. Thaose can be followed but an invisible guy in the sky cannot.

Atheists know that word (God) just as we all do. They just have doubts as to any Gods reality. They take the intelligent view. So do I.

If you wish a better view at what I think of my internal spark of God, then read Jung and Freud's Father Complex.

Regards
DL
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Greatest I am wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:14 pm Atheists know that word (God) just as we all do. They just have doubts as to any Gods reality.
That makes them what Dawkins calls, "Firm Agnostics." It doesn't make them Atheists. Atheist deny that God exists. Agnostics say, with some or another degree of confidence, "I don't know if God exists."

I was asking about the Atheists. Would you deny them their (dis)belief as well, since it contradicts you?

And I've read Freud. Lots of Freud. These days, even in his field, he's disowned as a bit of an eccentric. Worse than that, his "father figure" explanation -- by his own admission :shock: -- doesn't really prove anything. It wasn't the result of research, but of speculation; and of speculation that is every bit as functional in dismissing Atheism...or, for that matter Gnosticism...or else perhaps equally ineffective for all three.

Read http://www.leaderu.com/truth/1truth12.html, and you'll get quite a different view of how that theory can be used. I don't think you'll end up liking it much.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Belinda wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:08 pm Taqiya. Come on Immanuel,at least say your accusation straightforwardly.
I don't think I could possibly BE more straightforward. I use a Muslim word for a Muslim phenomenon. It's no word coined by anyone else.

Look it up, and you'll know what it means. They already do.
Science Fan

Post by Science Fan »

Belinda, your own post is some evidence that Muslims pray for terrorists. Why else would some Muslims have to issue an advisement for other Muslims not to pray for Islamic terrorists if Muslims never pray for such terrorists? The answer is that they wouldn't. There must be something they are condemning. Also, as Immanuel pointed out, it may not even be a real condemnation, but merely a publicity stunt. After all, how many communications do Muslims make to each other without making them public for outsiders? Was the message really meant for Muslims, or for non-Muslims? It's not that easy to say.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Belinda wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:28 pm Muslims have not ever been "praying for the terrorists".
Terrorists could not survive without the support of the population they live in, Muslims certainly pray for the safety or the accomplishment of their mission or they wouldn't be successful in that mission.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Immanuel Can wrote: 11 arrested in London today. Don't forget Manchester. And Westminster. And whatever happens tomorrow. ...
We're not yanks, we'll wait and see if they are charged.
Were they all isolated madmen? Misguided cowards? Random events?
Is it more cowardly to stab unarmed people knowing you're going to get shot in the end or drop drone strikes on them and the go home for a McDonalds?

They are the result of Bin-Laden's CIA training and his upgrading of Mao's revolutionary techniques by using the American franchise model for terrorism in the hope that we'll take reprisals upon those we can easily identify and hence drive them into the Islamist camp.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

thedoc wrote:Terrorists could not survive without the support of the population they live in, Muslims certainly pray for the safety or the accomplishment of their mission or they wouldn't be successful in that mission.
Which Muslim's would these be?