In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: In The News

Post by promethean75 »

https://theworldwatch.com/videos/161278 ... -beheaded/

I don't share the muslim's opinion of shani, myself. I think she's straight gypsy gangsta.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

84fzrf.jpg
84fzrf.jpg (31.54 KiB) Viewed 8197 times

Ted. Please. This is a philosophy forum. Go back to your cell.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

https://theync.com/shocking-footage-of- ... t-bank.htm

That's so crazy to think that these guys would be nothing without the U.S. All that cool gear and weaponry and state of the art military tech. Take it away and u got a guy who doesn't have a quarter of the balls that a jihadist has.

It's like the middle eastern version of the wild west. The noble Apache warriors get slaughtered by some dorks with a lot of money and some rifles.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Iran fires on Israel. Shot right out of the sky like a dead duck.

Damn that iron dome to hell!!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Missing persons posters of jewish hostages put up all over Manhattan.

Note to new yorkers: be on the lookout for these people... with your telescopes.
Walker

Post by Walker »

This seems to have turned into the War and Murder thread.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Good Plan? Bad Plan?

Trump's plan to bring back mental institutions
https://www.axios.com/2023/10/31/trump- ... stitutions
Former President Trump has called for the return of "mental institutions" as part of his plan "to get the homeless off our streets" should he be elected to a second term in office.

Why it matters: The state-run psychiatric hospitals that largely disappeared in the mid-1900s are often associated with inhumane mistreatment.

Driving the news: "When I am back in the White House, we will use every tool, lever, and authority to get the homeless off our streets," Trump said in a video posted on his campaign site in August, saying that he'll work with states to ban urban camping.

Trump said his administration would offer treatment and other resources for people who are "just temporarily down on their luck" or have less severe mental health issues.

"And for those who are severely mentally ill and deeply disturbed, we will bring them back to mental institutions, where they belong," he said, "with the goal of reintegrating them back into society once they are well enough to manage."
Question: What is the Democrat Platform concerning this topic? Why aren’t they implementing it?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

According to FOX it will cost as much as $90 to buy a Thanksgiving turkey this year, because of Biden. At the national average of $1.25 per pound, that would mean you have a 72 pound turkey.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:45 pm According to FOX it will cost as much as $90 to buy a Thanksgiving turkey this year, because of Biden. At the national average of $1.25 per pound, that would mean you have a 72 pound turkey.

"Because of Biden"??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gKUKOGqpHQ

"As god as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

-Imp
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Walker wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:41 pm Good Plan? Bad Plan?

Trump's plan to bring back mental institutions
https://www.axios.com/2023/10/31/trump- ... stitutions
Former President Trump has called for the return of "mental institutions" as part of his plan "to get the homeless off our streets" should he be elected to a second term in office.

Why it matters: The state-run psychiatric hospitals that largely disappeared in the mid-1900s are often associated with inhumane mistreatment.

Driving the news: "When I am back in the White House, we will use every tool, lever, and authority to get the homeless off our streets," Trump said in a video posted on his campaign site in August, saying that he'll work with states to ban urban camping.

Trump said his administration would offer treatment and other resources for people who are "just temporarily down on their luck" or have less severe mental health issues.

"And for those who are severely mentally ill and deeply disturbed, we will bring them back to mental institutions, where they belong," he said, "with the goal of reintegrating them back into society once they are well enough to manage."
Question: What is the Democrat Platform concerning this topic? Why aren’t they implementing it?
Uummm... not a Federal issue, so unless he's running for governor of somewhere, he can't implement the "plan".
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:45 pm According to FOX it will cost as much as $90 to buy a Thanksgiving turkey this year, because of Biden. At the national average of $1.25 per pound, that would mean you have a 72 pound turkey.
At the end of the day, I saw 21 pound turkeys selling for $77.00 at Costco.
We got a 23 pounder at the market for $50.00.

I air-fried the bird outside for 2.5 hours. Perfect. Best turkey I ever cooked. Juicy and tender, no dry bird this year. Used an infared thermometer to monitor the air fryer temperature and a meat thermometer test to monitor the bird. The air fryer catches the drippings for good gravy. I carved it on a big table outside then took it in on a platter to sixteen of the thankful, and too bad not everyone could be there.
Walker

Post by Walker »

LuckyR wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 am Uummm... not a Federal issue, so unless he's running for governor of somewhere, he can't implement the "plan".
They have their ways.

You (a state) don't play ball, no soup for you!
LuckyR

Post by LuckyR »

Walker wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:39 pm
LuckyR wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:13 am Uummm... not a Federal issue, so unless he's running for governor of somewhere, he can't implement the "plan".
They have their ways.

Excellent demonstration of the principle that it's hard to get through the day without a good rationalization.
Walker

Post by Walker »

LuckyR wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:14 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:39 pm
They have their ways.

Excellent demonstration of the principle that it's hard to get through the day without a good rationalization.
That's just the way things work in gubberment, fella, and I think I know why.

Folks have the worship gene, so despite the Constitution that is based on rationality, folks just have an innate need for Centralized Power.

That's why Democrats do love their totalitarians.