Technology: on balance is it good or bad

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Technology: on balance is it good or bad

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:52 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:05 am
Yes, it's one thing to have basically a non-moderated forum, free speech and all, but Age is beyond the pale.
Well, seems like that's the price you are willing to pay for an AD free forum.
No one posting here, including you, is bad for business, free speech and all, including the stuff that flies out of your mouth sometimes, we're all guilty of the 'my bad' business.

If you prefer decorum, then why don't you just move to a forum of decorum?...problem solved. 👅

Luckily, the founder of this forum inserted the ignore feature. In a forum, the "ignore" option means that you will never receive any message from the ignored user... which you seem to ignore, and I find that quite ironic and really funny how that option doesn't work for you personally.
Some might consider it Truly AMAZING how 'posters' who have, SUPPOSEDLY, been IGNORED KEPT getting SEEN, and READ.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:52 pm No offense. Maybe the ''ignore'' option doesn't work either :shock: ...maybe this whole forum is designed specifically to be the perfect dumping ground for the tired and broken down hearted to off-load all their mental baggage from their wired weary heads. 😒

My mirror ball broke down the other day, so I had to call out the discoTECH

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:36 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:52 pm Luckily, the founder of this forum inserted the ignore feature. In a forum, the "ignore" option means that you will never receive any message from the ignored user...
In nearly all forum exchanges, there is a back-and-forth that takes place, as people strive to correct misunderstandings or counter false claims. But in the case of Age's posts which are ignored by most people,
If i am, SUPPOSEDLY, being IGNORED by MOST people here, then WHY am i so FREQUENTLY DISCUSSED and talked ABOUT?

JUST IGNORE me. How much SIMPLER and EASIER could it GET?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:36 pm he is essentially free to generate great volumes of confused and false assertions about people and what they say, which no one wants to take the time to clarify or correct -- so his posts are often a bunch of spam that don't really deserve to have a platform on a discussion forum.
MAKING A CLAIM that what IS SAYING and WRITING IS CONFUSED and ARE FALSE ASSERTIONS is 'one thing'. NOT backing up and supporting what might ITSELF just be A CONFUSED and FALSE ASSERTION, ACCUSATION, and/or CLAIM is 'another thing'.

See, what IS Truly OBVIOUS is the Fact that what 'you', "lacewing", ARE DOING here is generating CONFUSED and False ASSERTIONS, ABOUT me, and what i SAY. Which, NO one wants to take the time to CLARIFY and Correct. So, your post and CLAIM here is just MORE SPAM, which does NOT, REALLY, deserve to have a platform, especially in a 'philosophy' forum.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:36 pm Other people who have used this forum primarily as a personal venting diary or platform to be continually bombarded with their delusional ramblings, have been asked to leave.
SO, WHY have 'you' NOT been ASKED TO LEAVE "lacewing"?

OBVIOUSLY, 'you' CONTINUALLY BOMBARD 'this forum' WITH 'your' VERY DELUSIONAL RAMBLINGS. Or, are 'we' NOT ALLOWED TO QUESTION and/nor CHALLENGE 'you' OVER 'your BELIEFS and CLAIMS' here?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:36 pm Even though this forum is unmoderated, I think it's a reasonable expectation that there be back-and-forth dialog especially when it's in response to what someone has said.
SO;

WHY DO 'you' NOT ANSWER the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS I pose, and ASK 'you', in regards TO what 'you' SAY and WRITE here?

WHY DO 'you' NOT even ATTEMPT TO COUNTER NOR even REPLY WHEN I POINT OUT and SHOW 'your DELUSIONAL thinking and RAMBLINGS'?

WHY DO 'you' NOT even HAVE a 'back-and-forth' DIALOG, WITH 'me'?

WHY DO 'you' NOT RESPOND to what I have ACTUALLY SAID, but, OBVIOUSLY MUCH PREFER TO just talk ABOUT 'me', INSTEAD?
Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:36 pm But when someone is so off-balance that almost no one engages with them, AND they still generate great volumes of nonsense in response to what other people are saying, that's a pretty good indicator that they're not really operating in the spirit of the discussion forum.
THE WAY that 'you', adult human beings, HAVE BEEN 'discussing' 'things', for thousands upon thousands of years, now, hitherto when this is being written, has OBVIOUSLY NOT REALLY been WORKING OUT TO GOOD FOR 'you'.

One just has to LOOK AT 'the life', and 'the way' 'you', people, ARE LIVING, in the days when this is being written, to SEE, and COMPREHEND, 'this Fact'.

The WAY' that 'you', adult human beings, THINKING, LOOK AT, and DISCUSS 'things', in the day when this is being written, IS what NEEDS to be LOOKED AT, THOUGHT ABOUT, DISCUSSED, and CHANGED.

That is ONLY IF 'you', people, REALLY WANT TO MAKE 'life' BETTER FOR 'your children' and ULTIMATELY "yourselves".

Just by LOOKING AT, and GOING BACK OVER, 'this forum' one can VERY EASILY, VERY SIMPLY, and VERY CLEARLY SEE that 'THE WAY' 'you', adult human beings, talked TO, and ABOUT, "each other" WAS NEVER WORKING OUT, FOR 'you', FOR HEADING IN the Right DIRECTION, IN Life.

Post by Age »

nemos wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:18 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:33 pm ... Good artists create - great artists steal. We are stealing from nature.

Viva, self-organization!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomimetics
Well, I wouldn't call it theft, because nobody has really declared ownership of nature.
'you', adult human beings DO, when 'you' USE words and phrases like; 'Our universe', 'Our planet', or 'Our world'.
nemos wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:18 pm I do not believe that people are capable of creating something completely original.
So, WHO CREATED, IMAGINED, and/or INVENTED 'the wheel', 'the motor', 'the motor vehicle', 'the airplane', 'the rocket', 'the telephone', 'the computer', or 'the toilet', for example, BEFORE 'you', human beings, DID?
nemos wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:18 pm The most we are capable of is to observe and repeat and also to find creative applications in everyday life, of course based on analogies and not claiming any complete originality.

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:04 pm
nemos wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:18 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:33 pm ... Good artists create - great artists steal. We are stealing from nature.

Viva, self-organization!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biomimetics
Well, I wouldn't call it theft, because nobody has really declared ownership of nature.
I do not believe that people are capable of creating something completely original. The most we are capable of is to observe and repeat and also to find creative applications in everyday life, of course based on analogies and not claiming any complete originality.
OK, Captain Semantics.

The defining property of living systems is self-replication. Copying.
Thus, HOW the Universe, Itself, EXACTLY WORKS. And, WHY it IS SAID and CLAIMED that God Created Everything.
Skepdick wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:04 pm Of course we copy.
We copy. We reduce. We compose. We reconfigure the materials we have at our disposal.

What else could we do?
This IS JUST 'Nature' AT WORK, Creating 'Itself', Naturally. AND, USING 'you', human beings, TO DESCRIBE 'this process', Literally.