Sculptor

Re: A Light Going Out

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:50 pm
Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm
AGE RANTED......
:D :lol: :lol:
I love to occasionally look back to see why I block someone..
Sometimes I look to see how other people are dealing with them and/or whether their psychosis has diminished. I always have hope for people, I'm just not interested to wade hip-deep into their delusions.

For some reason, Age seems to have completely forgotten the hundreds of posts in which many of us have engaged with him and his ridiculous endless childish questioning and assumptions in the past... AND... we have shown him examples of where he was wrong (as he has requested). But he wants MORE... always... like a demanding needy child. Naturally there's only so much that people are willing to do, and he has shown that it will never be enough.
Agreed.
It was quite some time before I put him on ignore that I engaged with his absurd ranting.
When you have been posting on Forums a long time, it becomes pretty obvious that CAPITALISATION is the same as shouting. I told him this several times, but he failed to accept this simple protocol.
This was the last straw for me.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:36 am
Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:36 pm 'Death' may well be a GREAT UNKNOWN, TO 'you', "gary childress". BUT, 'death' IS FULLY KNOWN and UNDERSTOOD, BY 'Me'. Although, more than likely, ALL OF 'you', posters, probably BELIEVE, ABSOLUTELY, otherwise.
Really?

1. What do you "know" about death?
That 'it' IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE that what 'you' IMAGINE or BELIEVE that 'it' IS LIKE.

Or, if 'you' do NOT IMAGINE nor BELIEVE what 'death' IS LIKE, AT ALL, then 'I' KNOW even FAR MORE.

What 'I' ALSO KNOW ABOUT 'death' IS that 'you' DEFINE the word 'death' Wrongly AND Incorrectly.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:36 am 2. What do you "understand" concerning death?
That 'death' is NOTHING LIKE what 'you' CONCEPTUALIZE 'it' AS.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:36 am 3. What does it mean to "fully' know or "[fully]" understand those things?
That 'it' is NOT REFUTABLE and/or that ABSOLUTELY EVERY one COULD AGREE WITH and ACCEPT 'it'.
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:36 am 4. Do you believe that you know something about death that others do not?
NO.

And, ONCE MORE, what CAN BE CLEARLY SEEN here is that 'this one' IS TAKING 'this' OUT OF CONTEXT, BEING MISINTERPRETED and/or BEING MISUNDERSTOOD here. Which if 'this one' writes ANY 'thing' IN DIRECT REPLY TO 'this' WILL SHOW and PROVE 'this' TO BE True.

Also, SEE how 'this one' does NOT JUST ASK FOR CLARIFICATION, itself, ABOUT what the 'death' word MEANS and/or REFERS TO, EXACTLY, TO 'me'.

UNTIL 'these people' GET OUT OF 'those heads' that 'death' IS some 'thing' that HAPPENS TO 'them' 'they' WILL REMAIN STUCK IN the PRESUMPTIONS and/or BELIEVES that 'they' WERE OBVIOUSLY STUCK IN, BACK in the days when this WAS being written.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Age is a bot

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:50 pm
:D :lol: :lol:
I love to occasionally look back to see why I block someone..
Sometimes I look to see how other people are dealing with them and/or whether their psychosis has diminished. I always have hope for people, I'm just not interested to wade hip-deep into their delusions.

For some reason, Age seems to have completely forgotten the hundreds of posts in which many of us have engaged with him and his ridiculous endless childish questioning and assumptions in the past... AND... we have shown him examples of where he was wrong (as he has requested). But he wants MORE... always... like a demanding needy child. Naturally there's only so much that people are willing to do, and he has shown that it will never be enough.
Agreed.
It was quite some time before I put him on ignore that I engaged with his absurd ranting.
When you have been posting on Forums a long time, it becomes pretty obvious that CAPITALISATION is the same as shouting.
So, for 'this one' 'it' SUPPOSEDLY WORKED OUT that 'capitalization' MEANS, PRETTY OBVIOUSLY, that 'this' IS the SAME AS 'shouting', SOLELY BECAUSE 'it' has been on 'forums' for 'a long time', (whatever 'long time' ACTUALLY MEANS or REFERS TO, EXACTLY).
Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm I told him this several times, but he failed to accept this simple protocol.
'This' here IS A PRIME example OF 'confirmation bias' AT WORK and AT PLAY.

Even WHEN I TOLD 'this one' WHY I capitalize SOME words 'it' STILL WILL NOT ACCEPT the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE REASON/S WHY I DO WHAT I DO, BECAUSE 'it' BELIEVES 'it' KNOWS BETTER and/or WHY I DO WHAT I DO.

'This one' could NOT COME ACROSS as MORE CLOSED or MORE STUPID here, even if 'it' WANTED TO or TRIED TO.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm This was the last straw for me.
'We' can ONLY HOPE, as some would say.

Post by Age »

accelafine wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:55 am Age is a bot
'This' IS ANOTHER OF the MANY CLAIMS and ACCUSATIONS ABOUT 'me', which, AGAIN, is based ON ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT Assumptions, from 'its' OWN Past Experiences.

But, THEN AGAIN, 'it' PRESUMES DIFFERENTLY, and BELIEVES OTHERWISE.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm

When you have been posting on Forums a long time, it becomes pretty obvious that CAPITALISATION is the same as shouting.
Boo hoo, you've read somewhere on the internet that using caps is the same as shouting, and you obviously believed that claim.
Thing is, you don't have to believe everything you read or what other people tell you. You can make up your own assessment/mind about things.

Age might not be shouting. Age might be highlighting certain points using caps, who knows. But Age does not use caps for every word, just some words.
Using caps for every word would be inappropriate I suppose, because who does that, most people type in lower case. But then we are dealing with an Autistic personality with Age, so asking or telling someone to do what they cannot do is disrespectful.

Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pm I told him this several times, but he failed to accept this simple protocol.
But it's not up to you who is walking to direct Age's step. It's up to the forum owner to deal with it as they see fit. Not you.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:14 pmThis was the last straw for me.
Boo hoo, poor you.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:09 pm Philosophy used to be interesting and a breath of fresh air. Now it seems to be dominated by theists who slip in every form of fallacious premise that can be coned out of the English language. And there seem to be loads of apologists for those who practice that in philosophy. You people create darkness wherever you settle. Do you ever get tired of choking free thought?

If there truly is a God, then I hope you all will get what you deserve, what you have fostered in the world, a medieval, gothic world of "sin" and punishment, of retribution and revenge.

Enjoy.
In this quotation, would changing the pronoun "you," into "we," influence the judge? If so, how?

Is the light bulb dimming away from cold LED and is that a bad thing?
Is it dimming away from warm incandescence and is that a good thing?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Oh joy. They're back to finish me off.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Very melodramatic, but is it true? Nay I say. You have just been exposed to implications, but not all implications.

Another implication is that all the light we perceive is actually a witnessing of stored sunlight finally being free of confinement, but we folks tend to focus on what the light illuminates.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:05 am Very melodramatic, but is it true? Nay I say. You have just been exposed to implications, but not all implications.

Another implication is that all the light we perceive is actually a witnessing of stored sunlight finally being free of confinement, but we folks tend to focus on what the light illuminates.
Sorry to interrupt. Please continue with the execution.
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 pm
Janoah wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:37 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:09 pm Philosophy used to be interesting and a breath of fresh air. Now it seems to be dominated by theists
Philosophy as a science, Gary, began with Aristotle, and Arstotle, oddly enough, was a real theist, so what should we, atheists, do now?
I suggest throwing out Aristotle! and instead of him, who will we install, Gary? Maybe Mao Zedong, he was a cool guy, and didn’t suffer from theism, and I’ll tell you a secret, he wasn’t even a Jew!
Aristotle didn't have all the answers either. So as far as I'm concerned, I treat him with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Which atheist philosopher are you close to?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:20 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:09 pm Philosophy used to be interesting and a breath of fresh air. Now it seems to be dominated by theists who slip in every form of fallacious premise that can be coned out of the English language. And there seem to be loads of apologists for those who practice that in philosophy. You people create darkness wherever you settle. Do you ever get tired of choking free thought?

If there truly is a God, then I hope you all will get what you deserve, what you have fostered in the world, a medieval, gothic world of "sin" and punishment, of retribution and revenge.

Enjoy.
In this quotation, would changing the pronoun "you," into "we," influence the judge? If so, how?

I'll do the edit that may part the clouds enough to answer the question.
Revised Gary's proxie wrote:Philosophy used to be interesting and a breath of fresh air. Now it seems to be dominated by theists who slip in every form of fallacious premise that can be coned out of the English language. And there seem to be loads of apologists for those who practice that in philosophy. We people create darkness wherever we settle. Do we ever get tired of choking free thought?

If there truly is a God, then I hope we all will get what we deserve, what we have fostered in the world, a medieval, gothic world of "sin" and punishment, of retribution and revenge.

Enjoy.
I did the busy-work of changing the pronouns, to illustrate. Did the clarity caused by experiencing the change of pronouns influence the judge?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:56 pm
Walker wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:20 am

Enjoy.

I'll do the edit that may part the clouds enough to answer the question.
Revised Gary's proxie wrote:Philosophy used to be interesting and a breath of fresh air. Now it seems to be dominated by theists who slip in every form of fallacious premise that can be coned out of the English language. And there seem to be loads of apologists for those who practice that in philosophy. We people create darkness wherever we settle. Do we ever get tired of choking free thought?

If there truly is a God, then I hope we all will get what we deserve, what we have fostered in the world, a medieval, gothic world of "sin" and punishment, of retribution and revenge.

Enjoy.
I did the busy-work of changing the pronouns, to illustrate. Did the clarity caused by experiencing the change of pronouns influence the judge?
Edit rejected.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Janoah wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:46 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:17 pm
Janoah wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:37 am

Philosophy as a science, Gary, began with Aristotle, and Arstotle, oddly enough, was a real theist, so what should we, atheists, do now?
I suggest throwing out Aristotle! and instead of him, who will we install, Gary? Maybe Mao Zedong, he was a cool guy, and didn’t suffer from theism, and I’ll tell you a secret, he wasn’t even a Jew!
Aristotle didn't have all the answers either. So as far as I'm concerned, I treat him with a healthy degree of skepticism.

Which atheist philosopher are you close to?
I'm not an atheist.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

I think you've been around the wrong type of theists Gazza. The American ones are ridiculous, that's why Richard Dawkins had such an easy time over there. Would have been interesting to see him sitting in an ACTUAL church in England, such as Catholic or Anglican and then interviewing some of the parishners, I think a lot of the would have just shrugged their shoulders like they couldn't care less what an atheist thinks, knowing it's not required of them to 'convert' people.

I think most of the Catholic\Anglican faithful would be in agreement regarding the theory of evolution, unlike the American theists.