Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Fulfillment of Biblical Predictions

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:27 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:18 pm

Okay.

Are there ANY 'intentions' of one, when KNOWN, when one is quoting 'the bible', which would REDUCE the HOSTILITY 'you' HAVE towards 'that one' who is just REPEATING some words out of A book?
Yes, I would exchange hostility for approval if it were being quoted in order to mock it.
Are ALL 'the words' of 'the bible' only worthy of being so-called 'mocked'?
Maybe not, I don't know, but I don't want to take that chance.
Just so 'you' BECOME FULLY AWARE, that by just ASKING Truly OPEN CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, to GAIN "another's" True and FULL INTENTIONS, and the "other" IS Honest, and OPEN, (which, by the way, go 'hand-in-hand together', as some might say), IN ANSWERING, then, ACTUALLY, it is VERY, VERY EASY, SIMPLE, and QUICK to LEARN, and KNOW what the INTENTIONS ARE, EXACTLY, of the "other".
There doesn't seem much point in asking clarifying questions when I'm not interested in the answers.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:No. I do always look for a reason to be hostile, but can't always find one.
Okay.
I consider one out of three a good result where you are concerned, Age. 🙂
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:44 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:42 pm Don't you mean, sacrificing live animals?
My mistake. I guess God liked to watch as the blood and guts spewed all over the place while the animal was squealing in fear and pain.
All you need now for more drama is a soundtrack, like in the movie scenes.
viewtopic.php?p=677592#p677592

That's how you imagine it to be, but your Baal God imagination begs two questions.

- Is the animal tormented into a state of fear before the carotid is severed, resulting in a flash of pain and a quick loss of consciousness?

- Was torture (disemboweling/guts) to cause fear and suffering an intentional part of the sacrifice?
Last edited by Walker on Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I’m not into that sort of thing, but I figure that primitive folks had a respect for death and in a religious situation of sacrifice would have treated sacrifice like folks now treat euthanasia for people, with respect and kindness. After all, we wouldn’t want to disembowel ol’ grandpa … would we?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:04 pm After all, we wouldn’t want to disembowel ol’ grandpa … would we?
Do you have any grandchildren? 🤔
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:04 am
iambiguous wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:38 pm Just out of curiosity, what did the Bible predict about the 2024 presidential election here in America?

If only sort of.
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be
Biden in 2020, Biden in 2024.

Praise the Lord!

At least until the workers of the world unite.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Janoah wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:39 am Doesn't this Biblical Prediction below remind you of today's realities?
"1 Now these are the nations which the LORD left, to prove Israel by them, even as many of Israel as had not known all the wars of Canaan; 2 only that the generations of the children of Israel might know, to teach them war, at the least such as before knew nothing thereof; 3 namely, five lords of the Philistines, and all the Canaanites, and the Sidonians, and the Hivites that dwelt in mount Lebanon, from mount Baal-hermon unto the entering in of Hamath. 4 And they were to prove Israel by them, to know whether they would hearken unto the commandments of the LORD, which he commanded their fathers by the hand of Moses."
(JUDGES 3)

"They aroused My jealousy with a non-god
and provoked Me with their vanities;
I will arouse their jealousy with a non-people
and provoke them with a vile nation."
(DEUTERONOMY 32, 21)

Both Christ and Muhammad claimed that they came to confirm what was said in the Bible. But their followers at times took on the role of those “a vile nation”, “a non-people”, “and they were to prove Israel by them,...”.

How can we explain that more than two thousand years have passed, but the Biblical Predictions are coming true?
They are not predictions and nothing is "coming true".

You are completely deluded.
You are mired in confirmational bias.
WTF are the " five lords of the Philistines," - go ahead name them!
Last edited by Sculptor on Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:36 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:04 pm After all, we wouldn’t want to disembowel ol’ grandpa … would we?
It follows that kindness to grandchildren is biologically inherent, gene to be discovered.

The expression of the kindness is culturally determined. Giving a kid a quarter doesn't reach the bar these days.
Last edited by Walker on Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:51 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:36 pm
It follows that kindness to grandchildren is biologically inherent, gene to be discovered.
More rubbish.
Genetic is not like that. There is no specific gene for loving grandhildren anymore than there is for prefering Coke to Pepsi.

There is no way that a genome is capable of recognition of grandchildren or Pepsi. Care for the young is generalised. ANyone can love and care for a child,
150 hours.jpg
150 hours.jpg (36.21 KiB) Viewed 1253 times
Last edited by Sculptor on Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

One's man's rubbish, another man's Nobel Prize, and by another I mean not me.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:57 am
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:16 pm Jesus
What is said in the Gospels is for the most part paraphrases of what is said in the Tanakh (The Hebrew Bible), but in this topic I’m talking about the predictions of the Tanakh.
You might do well to read some more up-tp-date books rather than base your life on one out of date book.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:53 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:44 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:42 pm Don't you mean, sacrificing live animals?
My mistake. I guess God liked to watch as the blood and guts spewed all over the place while the animal was squealing in fear and pain.
All you need now for more drama is a soundtrack, like in the movie scenes.
viewtopic.php?p=677592#p677592

That's how you imagine it to be, but your Baal God imagination begs two questions.

- Is the animal tormented into a state of fear before the carotid is severed, resulting in a flash of pain and a quick loss of consciousness?

- Was torture (disemboweling/guts) to cause fear and suffering an intentional part of the sacrifice?
Whatever, if and when killing something becomes an act of kindness or is done in a "kind" way, that says, a lot about the brutaliy in living in this world god supposedly created. What does god need sacrifices for anyway, is he hungry and likes lambchops?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:47 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:44 pm who are actually the fools or fooling themselves?
Judging by what is said in the quotes, those who bark and oink..
So, you're listening for barnyard sounds which you imagine are coming from anywhere other than your own head?
Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:47 amI am not interested in blind faith,
Why would anyone ever admit or realize they are?
Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:47 amI am talking about what is obvious
What do you think is obvious?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:21 pm Whatever, if and when killing something becomes an act of kindness or is done in a "kind" way, that says, a lot about the brutaliy in living in this world god supposedly created. What does god need sacrifices for anyway, is he hungry and likes lambchops?
I would imagine that the Baal worship thinking is: Offer Baal a life to appease her and to show supplication by offering a most valuable thing as a gift, which for the desert dwellers was a goat's life, goats being a source of milk, goat hair sweaters for those chilly desert nights, and even food if you don't eat them all at once, so a goat sacrifice wasn't really anything to sneeze at, especially for the goat.

If the Baal God has a volcano in her arsenal, the primitive people scratching out a living using wind and solar power in the shadow of the volcano would offer something more valuable for the immediate threat, such as a human sacrifice to appease Baal's rumblings and firey displays, so she doesn't destroy the whole island.

Modern man prefers to sacrifice his valuable energy and economy to the Climate Change God, because folks have an inherent tendency to think if they sacrifice their best interests, this is somehow evidence of their wokism. For another example of mis-placed self-sacrifice, this is why the filth in San Francisco is a badge of honor for the woke because it says, look how tolerant we are (while ignoring the conditions of suffering).
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:53 pm More rubbish.
Is this better?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:35 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:01 pm
Harbal wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:27 pm
Yes, I would exchange hostility for approval if it were being quoted in order to mock it.
Are ALL 'the words' of 'the bible' only worthy of being so-called 'mocked'?
Maybe not, I don't know, but I don't want to take that chance.
But, from 'in the beginning' 'you' have been taking that chance.
Just so 'you' BECOME FULLY AWARE, that by just ASKING Truly OPEN CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, to GAIN "another's" True and FULL INTENTIONS, and the "other" IS Honest, and OPEN, (which, by the way, go 'hand-in-hand together', as some might say), IN ANSWERING, then, ACTUALLY, it is VERY, VERY EASY, SIMPLE, and QUICK to LEARN, and KNOW what the INTENTIONS ARE, EXACTLY, of the "other".
There doesn't seem much point in asking clarifying questions when I'm not interested in the answers.
This is fair enough. If 'you' do NOT want to be OPEN and Honest here, then I, for one, am certainly NOT to concerned AT ALL.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:No. I do always look for a reason to be hostile, but can't always find one.
Okay.
I consider one out of three a good result where you are concerned, Age. 🙂
But I am NOT concerned, here.