BANNED IN THE USA.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wyman

Re: BANNED IN THE USA.

Post by Wyman »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:The US is too stupid to introduce decent gun legislation but 100s of cities including Cincinnati have banned these:

Apparently Bob Evenson's people are scared of this;

But are okay with this;

Seems like a false equivalence to me. NY also banned large soft drinks - comment?
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

America has always been the home of cults and kooks. No where else in the world has harboured so many cults in such a sort time, and new ones seem to pop out all the time.
It's mainly because Europe dumped all its idiots there: Shakers, Fakers, Quakers, and pretzel bakers; Pilgrim Fathers.. ad nauseam . Every kooky Protestant branch of stupidity from Baptists, Unitarians, Anabaptists, Methodists, Pentacostalists all flocked there to avoid the legal toleration of the British Isles. Not satisfied with the numberless, freelance, bonanza of kooks, they had to invent a few new ones all their own. Mormonism was only the start, now we have Scientology invented by a sci-fi writer (HELLO USA!!! Knocks on the head!! hollow sound reports).

It does not stop there as there is also an avalanche of self help groups each built upon the slimmest of pretexts, promising self enlightenment or some such bullshit spiritualistic flim-flam.

It's as if the entire culture is based on the assertion that life is nothing without belief and that belief is just a choice. A free choice made without discrimination or assessment.
And so we have boob; not so much the tip of an iceberg; more a small pimple on a very large fetid, invested and infected arsehole, just one of a thousand single person belief systems, about as systematic as a bowl of blancmange.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Wyman wrote:
Seems like a false equivalence to me. NY also banned large soft drinks - comment?
Land of the Free? You fucking tell me buddy.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Wyman wrote:
When is 'double standards' different from false equivalence?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:America has always been the home of cults and kooks. No where else in the world has harboured so many cults in such a sort time, and new ones seem to pop out all the time.
It's mainly because Europe dumped all its idiots there: Shakers, Fakers, Quakers, and pretzel bakers; Pilgrim Fathers.. ad nauseam . Every kooky Protestant branch of stupidity from Baptists, Unitarians, Anabaptists, Methodists, Pentacostalists all flocked there to avoid the legal toleration of the British Isles. Not satisfied with the numberless, freelance, bonanza of kooks, they had to invent a few new ones all their own. Mormonism was only the start, now we have Scientology invented by a sci-fi writer (HELLO USA!!! Knocks on the head!! hollow sound reports).

It does not stop there as there is also an avalanche of self help groups each built upon the slimmest of pretexts, promising self enlightenment or some such bullshit spiritualistic flim-flam.

It's as if the entire culture is based on the assertion that life is nothing without belief and that belief is just a choice. A free choice made without discrimination or assessment.
And so we have boob; not so much the tip of an iceberg; more a small pimple on a very large fetid, invested and infected arsehole, just one of a thousand single person belief systems, about as systematic as a bowl of blancmange.
This is why I keep coming here, for the odd gem like this. :D
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Wyman wrote:
Banning guns is unconstitutional. Banning dogs and soft drinks is not. It is very difficult to amend the constitution; much easier to enact local statutes.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:America has always been the home of cults and kooks. No where else in the world has harboured so many cults in such a sort time, and new ones seem to pop out all the time.

This is why I keep coming here, for the odd gem like this. :D
:lol: Thanks!
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Wyman wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Banning guns is unconstitutional. Banning dogs and soft drinks is not. It is very difficult to amend the constitution; much easier to enact local statutes.
DUH!!!
It's called a fucking 'amendment' dipshit
DO I have to link a dictionary for you?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Yo momma sucks.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Nick_A wrote:Yo momma sucks.
:lol: Did a goggle on you and it appears you've been banned from all the forums for exactly the same bollocks you've tried here. I think you've shot yourself in the foot with your tantrums and tirades.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

bobevenson wrote: Please, whenever you hear about somebody being savagely attacked by a dog, nine times out of ten, it's a pit bull. On the other hand, I've never heard of anybody ever being attacked by a gun.
That's because a particular kind of scum-bag trash is attracted to pit-bulls for their ferocious reputation, and exploits it. I don't know if they are inherently dangerous and unpredictable, (that reputation must have come from somewhere), but I've heard they can make lovely, gentle pets.
Good Job veggie!

In this case, a gun is to a human as a pit bull is to a human. They are synonymous, as tools to achieve the same ends. Namely, to 'win' at the expense of another, or so they foolishly believe! Instead their cowardice is front and center; fear in the face of their ultimate demise.
vegetariantaxidermy

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
bobevenson wrote: Please, whenever you hear about somebody being savagely attacked by a dog, nine times out of ten, it's a pit bull. On the other hand, I've never heard of anybody ever being attacked by a gun.
That's because a particular kind of scum-bag trash is attracted to pit-bulls for their ferocious reputation, and exploits it. I don't know if they are inherently dangerous and unpredictable, (that reputation must have come from somewhere), but I've heard they can make lovely, gentle pets.
Good Job veggie!

In this case, a gun is to a human as a pit bull is to a human. They are synonymous, as tools to achieve the same ends. Namely, to 'win' at the expense of another, or so they foolishly believe! Instead their cowardice is front and center; fear in the face of their ultimate demise.
I don't think guns ever make lovely pets, but I've heard their owners sometimes drool with pleasure when caressing and oiling them.
SpheresOfBalance

Post by SpheresOfBalance »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: That's because a particular kind of scum-bag trash is attracted to pit-bulls for their ferocious reputation, and exploits it. I don't know if they are inherently dangerous and unpredictable, (that reputation must have come from somewhere), but I've heard they can make lovely, gentle pets.
Good Job veggie!

I don't think guns ever make lovely pets, but I've heard their owners sometimes drool with pleasure when caressing and oiling them.
:lol: For sure! :lol:
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

SpheresOfBalance wrote:A gun is to a human as a pit bull is to a human. They are synonymous, as tools to achieve the same ends.
Sorry, try again. Pit bulls act on their own, while guns need somebody else to pull the trigger.
vegetariantaxidermy

bobevenson wrote: Sorry, try again. Pit bulls act on their own, while guns need somebody else to pull the trigger.
And you have paranoid twats by the millions who are foaming at the mouth to do just that.