was usa founded on a fraud

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

reasonvemotion

Re: was usa founded on a fraud

Post by reasonvemotion »

CW I love your sense of humour.
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

chaz wyman wrote: Nope!
All teachers also have a duty of care, pastoral duties and are exhorted to give their students life lessons and to challenge them by, amongst other things, placing their lessons.. in this case maths, in practical contexts, in this case, the ideological basis for taxation among many other things.
No, they don't. They have a duty to do their jobs, nothing more. Now, it is true that teachers often have a grandiose view of themselves, but in reality most teachers are actually quite stupid and can barely teach their assigned subjects, much less improvise correctly on another topic. Fo example, Kayla was completely unable to tell us what point the teacher was even making. We can. therefore, grade this teacher's improv as an F.

But, on a purely intellectual level, your error is easy enough to expose: If the teacher did not spend an entire class on his version of US history, would he be in violation o his teaching duties? Would he be fired? Docked pay? No. He has no obligation to engage in such conduct, which means he had no "duty" to do so.
Kayla

Post by Kayla »

SecularCauses wrote:But, on a purely intellectual level, your error is easy enough to expose: If the teacher did not spend an entire class on his version of US history, would he be in violation o his teaching duties? Would he be fired? Docked pay? No. He has no obligation to engage in such conduct, which means he had no "duty" to do so.
the teacher in question is the best math teacher i ever had - and i am not alone in thinking this

he does have the view that if not for the curriculum created by retards, math up to the advanced university level could be covered by the end of grade 8 - and in all fairness he does have the gift to make math look incredibly easy

so the fact that he digresses from time to time does not in any way detract from his official duties

his view is that teaching too much math at once is counterproductive anyway

when i first had him in grade 10 there were people in my class who could barely do basic elementary school math

by the end of grade 10 some of them were winning math competitions - and all of them were honestly passing grade 10 math
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SecularCauses wrote:
All teachers also have a duty of care, pastoral duties and are exhorted to give their students life lessons and to challenge them by, amongst other things, placing their lessons.. in this case maths, in practical contexts, in this case, the ideological basis for taxation among many other things.
No, they don't. They have a duty to do their jobs, nothing more. .
Speaking as a teacher to a non-teacher, I can tell you that the job of a teacher includes: a duty of care, pastoral duties and are exhorted to give their students life lessons and to challenge them by, amongst other things, placing their lessons.. in this case maths, in practical contexts, in this case, the ideological basis for taxation among many other things.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

Kayla wrote:
SecularCauses wrote:But, on a purely intellectual level, your error is easy enough to expose: If the teacher did not spend an entire class on his version of US history, would he be in violation o his teaching duties? Would he be fired? Docked pay? No. He has no obligation to engage in such conduct, which means he had no "duty" to do so.
the teacher in question is the best math teacher i ever had - and i am not alone in thinking this

he does have the view that if not for the curriculum created by retards, math up to the advanced university level could be covered by the end of grade 8 - and in all fairness he does have the gift to make math look incredibly easy

so the fact that he digresses from time to time does not in any way detract from his official duties

when i first had him in grade 10 there were people in my class who could barely do basic elementary school math

by the end of grade 10 some of them were winning math competitions - and all of them were honestly passing grade 10 math
He sounds like a good teacher - one that doesn't just come in to 'do a job' and go.
If only there were more like him.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

reasonvemotion wrote:CW I love your sense of humour.

Don't you mean john?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

chaz wyman wrote:
SecularCauses wrote:
Speaking as a teacher to a non-teacher, I can tell you that the job of a teacher includes: a duty of care, pastoral duties and are exhorted to give their students life lessons and to challenge them by, amongst other things, placing their lessons.. in this case maths, in practical contexts, in this case, the ideological basis for taxation among many other things.
You are a school teacher? I guessed as much. That would explain your arrogance, conceit, and basic stupidity. Do you come on here when you are supposed to be teaching?
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
SecularCauses wrote:
You are a school teacher? I guessed as much. That would explain your arrogance, conceit, and basic stupidity. Do you come on here when you are supposed to be teaching?
Your silly pre-pubescent comments require no response.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:You are a school teacher? I guessed as much. That would explain your arrogance, conceit, and basic stupidity. Do you come on here when you are supposed to be teaching?
The only thing Chaz Wyman is fit to teach is a school building, a blockhead lecturing to bricks in the wall!
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

Kayla wrote:

You think you have provided a logical response? How is him being your favorite teacher relevant to anything? It's not. Furthermore, it is a ridiculous claim to make that the little math that is taught in grade school smehow overwhelms the students and requires a diversion. It doesn't. Plus, you contradicted yourself. If you should be doing advanced math in high-school, then what he should be doing is teaching more math than what is required, not less.
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

chaz wyman wrote:
SecularCauses wrote:
If he had digressed and started teaching students that the Virgin Mary really does apper on toast and MRI scans, would you still be thinking he is entitled to deviate from math? What if he spent the entire course just teaching historical nonsense and no math?

You as a teacher obviously have no sense of duty. You are hired to teach a certain subject, not use the students in the class as your captive audience to teach your on personal prejudices. Those students were not free to walk out of the class, and the teacher has no right to force his personal opinions on other matters on them. In the real world, outside of school, when you voice your idiocy, people are free to ignore you. You teachers just love the idea of a captive audience. Especially one consisting of young people who don't have much intellectual ammunition to fire back with.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SecularCauses wrote:
chaz wyman wrote:
SecularCauses wrote:
If he had digressed and started teaching students that the Virgin Mary really does apper on toast and MRI scans, would you still be thinking he is entitled to deviate from math? .
In Philosophical terms this is called a fallacy of false comparison.
The maths teacher was talking about TAXATION. Taxation is a mathematical subject, and it is his duty to get students to think about the applications of maths in society.
Beyond that, talking about the roots of the nation are of interest to all teachers and students.
chaz wyman

Post by chaz wyman »

SecularCauses wrote:
Kayla wrote:

You think you have provided a logical response? How is him being your favorite teacher relevant to anything? .
Being an effective teacher includes winning over the students. A 'favourite teacher' is one that is most effective at his job.
You cannot get more relevant than that.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

An effective teacher is one who can survive in a free-market economy, not one who is paid by the the middle-man government, who then steals the money in taxes from a gullible public.
SecularCauses

Post by SecularCauses »

chaz wyman wrote:
In Philosophical terms this is called a fallacy of false comparison.
The maths teacher was talking about TAXATION. Taxation is a mathematical subject, and it is his duty to get students to think about the applications of maths in society.
Beyond that, talking about the roots of the nation are of interest to all teachers and students.
It's not a fallacy of a false comparison. It's a real issue, since you as a teacher believe you can teach he children whatever you want. That since they are young, and they are forced to listen to you, ad will feel compelled to share your views since you have power over them, you believe that you can abuse your power to create little "intellectual" juniors who share your views. If every teacher believes that they are entitled to do the same, surely, someof those teachers will teach such tings as I mentioned. Therefore, it is you who has committed the logical fallacy, not me.

Are you really a teacher? Given your other comments here, do you teach Jew-hating 101? Surely, you don't teach any real academic subject worth learning. You believe that the majority of bankers are Jews? And that they lobby to start wars? What an idiot you are. Most bankers are not Jews, and bankers cannot start wars, and they would not make profits doing so anyway. Is this the type of crap you teach your students? If so, you should be fired. Maybe you can tel us where you teach at so we can make sure that people there are aware of your idiotic, childish views? Do you have the guts to do that?