A Light Going Out

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: A Light Going Out

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:30 pm
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:33 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:35 am

As far as I am concerned, that is the best statement I have seen from you Kropotkin.

Age should be kicked off the forum IMO.
K: I am not in favor of ''kicking'' Age off the forum... people should
have the right to say whatever they want, no matter how idiotic it might be,
but we should see Age as being a negative to philosophy...
Age brings nothing into this forum or into philosophy at large...mostly
because Age never actually says anything... just a random series of
questions that upon reflections, mean and say nothing....
I don't mind questions but at least ask intelligent questions..
and Age does not do that...

Kropotkin
He has nothing to say. All he does is to try to pick at other's words, without adding anything. And never saying anything noew; contributing nothing.
Here we have ANOTHER example of just HOW DISINTERESTED and UNCURIOS 'adult human beings' HAD EVOLVED INTO BE-COMING, BACK, IN the days when this WAS being written.

UNTOLD TIMES I HAVE REQUESTED that 'these ones' WOULD QUESTION and/or CHALLENGE 'me' ON what I SAY and WRITE here. BUT, INSTEAD, 'these ones' MUCH PREFERRED to talk ABOUT 'me' INSTEAD OF WITH 'me'.

BUT FEAR REALLY IS A Truly DEBILITATING CONDITION.

I INFORMED 'them' NUMEROUS TIMES that I DO NOT ADD ANY 'thing' NEW, nor MORE, UNTIL I AM QUESTIONED, FOR CLARITY. BUT even JUST 'this' 'they' appeared to NOT even be ABLE TO COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm
Age wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:31 am

Do 'you' HAVE A FEAR OF, what is wrongly-called, 'DEATH', "gary childress"?
I have dread of death whenever I think seriously about it.
Okay. THANK you' for CLARIFYING. Doing so HELPS in BETTER UNDERSTANDING individuals, individually.

And, 'this dread' of 'yours' here HELPS in EXPLAINING A LOT ABOUT 'your thoughts, views, and words' here.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm Death is the great unknown.
'Death' may well be a GREAT UNKNOWN, TO 'you', "gary childress". BUT, 'death' IS FULLY KNOWN and UNDERSTOOD, BY 'Me'. Although, more than likely, ALL OF 'you', posters, probably BELIEVE, ABSOLUTELY, otherwise.

Which, OBVIOUSLY, WILL AFFECT 'the way' MY WORDS ARE LOOKED AT, READ, and UNDERSTOOD.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm Or perhaps it could be called the "the great unknow".
'It' COULD. But doing so is ONLY CREATING ANOTHER False AND Wrong DICHOTOMY.

Now, if ABSOLUTELY ANY one would like to DISCUSS 'what' 'death' COULD ACTUALLY BE and/or CONSIST OF, EXACTLY, then PLEASE LET 'us' HAVE A DISCUSSION.

BUT ONLY the Truly OPEN and INTELLIGENT people WILL COME FORWARD. The REST WILL BE ASSUMING or BELIEVING that 'they' ALREADY KNOW what IS ACTUALLY RIGHT AND TRUE.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm It seems reasonable to speculate that death is the end of knowing.
BUT the so-called 'death' of A 'human body' IS NOT the 'death, nor end, of 'knowing' itself'. The so-called 'death' of the 'human body' is just the end of 'thinking' WITHIN 'that body' ALONE, and ONLY.

'Thinking' AND 'knowing', themselves KEEP CONTINUING ON.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm No human being has experienced permanent loss of their entire body (that anyone is aware of).
I am NOT even SURE of what 'you' ARE MEANING NOR even IMPLYING here.

The words 'their entire body' IMPLIES that there is SOME 'thing' that OWNS or HAS 'its' OWN 'entire body', which there IS NO 'human being' who HAS NOR OWNS ANY 'human body'.

'you', human beings, ARE MADE UP OF a 'human body', which IS 'what' CREATES 'you', the person, or 'being' WITHIN.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm A scarce few have experienced 'clinical death'.
With 'this kind of remark 'you' ARE SHOWING that 'you' ARE STILL A LOT WAY OF FROM LEARNING, UNDERSTANDING, and KNOWING 'what' IS, EXACTLY, INVOLVED IN what is just called or just referred to as 'death'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm Their body didn't decay so perhaps they simply picked up where they left off.
Okay. But REALLY 'this' IS NOT IMPORTANT AT ALL IN DISCOVERING and LEARNING ABOUT what ACTUALLY HAPPENS in what is called 'death', in the days when this is being written.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:10 pm
Lacewing wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:31 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:25 pm Rationalism requires that you search for answers. You should not come to the board with all your answers ready from an old book.
Well said. Philosophy for me is more of a 'living philosophy', open to evolving and exploring the ever-changing and ever-present human world and expanding awareness.
That is well put.
As can be SEEN here, ONCE AGAIN. NO one DEFINES what the word 'philosophy' ACTUALLY MEANS, NOR REFERS TO, EXACTLY. BUT, INSTEAD, 'they' ALLUDE TO "others" SOME 'thing', which 'philosophy' MIGHT BE.

SAYING and/or CLAIMING that 'philosophy' IS a 'living philosophy' IS ABSOLUTELY and COMPLETELY and UTTERLY ABSURD and NONSENSICAL.

WHEN one is JUST Truly OPEN, and CURIOS, EXACTLY like EVERY one OF 'you' WAS, IN early childhood, then 'you' ARE/WERE the PERFECT and A True 'philosopher'. When the word 'philosophy' MEANS or REFERS TO, having the love-of-wisdom, which IS what 'that word' ONCE MEANT, then 'philosophy' just REFERS TO 'you', human beings, WANTING TO LEARN MORE, and/or ANEW, and thus WISER, AS WELL.

Which CAN, OBVIOUSLY, BE AN ALWAYS ever-changing or evolving process.

Talking ABOUT A so-called 'ever-present human world' IS OBVIOUSLY False AND Wrong as 'you', human beings, WERE NOT ALWAYS ever-present'.

And, JUST AS OBVIOUS IS IF and WHEN 'you', human beings, ARE Truly OPEN then 'awareness' CAN BE EXPANDED SO FAR that 'it' CAN REACH and BECOME True or FULL 'Awareness', Itself. Which IS ACHIEVED through AND from 'One particular way', well that I AM AWARE OF. Although AND OBVIOUSLY there could be OTHER WAYS TO REACH and ACHIEVE 'this Awareness'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm The vastness of being is devoured by the belief that we live in some sort of divine dictatorship where we are spoonfed answers to unknowable things by a caste of priests with their own frailties and weaknesses.
Well, OBVIOUSLY, IF ANY BELIEVES such a 'thing' AS 'this', then 'that one' IS JUST Truly CLOSED, and STUPID.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm Life becomes a dungeon of suffocating conformity and grooming.
So, WHY even GO 'there'?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm I may not have all the answers but I have intellectual honesty if that means anything.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

AGE RANTED......

Here we have ANOTHER example of just HOW DISINTERESTED and UNCURIOS 'adult human beings' HAD EVOLVED INTO BE-COMING, BACK, IN the days when this WAS being written.

UNTOLD TIMES I HAVE REQUESTED that 'these ones' WOULD QUESTION and/or CHALLENGE 'me' ON what I SAY and WRITE here. BUT, INSTEAD, 'these ones' MUCH PREFERRED to talk ABOUT 'me' INSTEAD OF WITH 'me'.

I INFORMED 'them' NUMEROUS TIMES that I DO NOT ADD ANY 'thing' NEW, nor MORE, UNTIL I AM QUESTIONED, FOR CLARITY. BUT even JUST 'this' 'they' appeared to NOT even be ABLE TO COMPREHEND and UNDERSTAND.
:D :lol: :lol:
I love to occasionally look back to see why I block someone..
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:50 pm I love to occasionally look back to see why I block someone..
IC has me blocked, I might test the setting on Age and see how it functions. The most annoying pointless noise from my mob ph is when I receive an email and it states: "Age quoted you" !! automatic FFS!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:22 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:50 pm I love to occasionally look back to see why I block someone..
IC has me blocked, I might test the setting on Age and see how it functions. The most annoying pointless noise from my mob ph is when I receive an email and it states: "Age quoted you" !! automatic FFS!
It does cut down the noise, but annoyingly still tells you that you are loved :lol: :lol: :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:36 pm
It does cut down the noise, but annoyingly still tells you that you are loved :lol: :lol: :lol:
Naaw...if only it did. :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:50 pm
Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm
AGE RANTED......
Sometimes I look to see how other people are dealing with them and/or whether their psychosis has diminished. I always have hope for people, I'm just not interested to wade hip-deep into their delusions.

For some reason, Age seems to have completely forgotten the hundreds of posts in which many of us have engaged with him and his ridiculous endless childish questioning and assumptions in the past... AND... we have shown him examples of where he was wrong (as he has requested). But he wants MORE... always... like a demanding needy child. Naturally there's only so much that people are willing to do, and he has shown that it will never be enough.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:58 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:53 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:24 pm

Gary, you really should stop derailing threads. Clearly whomever created this thread was talking about Age's PHN Forum lights going out. :o
I'm skeptical that the OP has everything worked out. I'm sure he won't mind the derailment.
It might soothe your existential crisis (in Veritas words) that none of us have anything worked out..
So, if ABSOLUTELY NO one of 'us' has ABSOLUTELY ANY 'thing', AT ALL, worked out, then 'this' would OBVIOUSLY INCLUDE "age" ALSO having ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL worked out, NEITHER, correct?

Post by Age »

AGE RANTED......

NOTICED is that what MY REPLY WAS TO, EXACTLY, was NOT ADDED, nor QUOTED, here.

Post by Age »

So, WHY NOT JUST BLOCK 'me'?

REALLY, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HARD nor COMPLEX, IN Life. BLOCKING and/or IGNORING "another" IN a 'philosophy forum' is ANOTHER one of those Truly VERY SIMPLE and VERY EASY 'things' TO DO, IN Life.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am
Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:07 pm
AGE RANTED......
Sometimes I look to see how other people are dealing with them and/or whether their psychosis has diminished. I always have hope for people, I'm just not interested to wade hip-deep into their delusions.

For some reason, Age seems to have completely forgotten the hundreds of posts in which many of us have engaged with him and his ridiculous endless childish questioning and assumptions in the past... AND... we have shown him examples of where he was wrong (as he has requested).
AND, OBVIOUSLY, as can be CLEARLY SEEN IN 'these writings' I HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED and ACCEPTED WHEN I WAS Wrong,

Which is A LOT MORE that can be SAID ABOUT A LOT OF 'you' here.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm But he wants MORE... always...
BECAUSE being Truly OPEN and CURIOS LEADS TO WANTING TO KNOW, and UNDERSTAND, MORE, ALWAYS, and OBVIOUSLY.

See, 'you', posters, here would NOT KNOW ABOUT 'this', well, CLEARLY, NOT YET ANYWAY.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm like a demanding needy child.
What can be CLEARLY SEEN throughout 'these writings' here ARE NEEDY adults who WANT TO have 'their OWN PERSONAL views', BELIEVED and ACCEPTED BY "others".

For example, "lacewing" WANTS, and even NEEDS, 'its' OWN PERSONAL BELIEF that, 'There IS ABSOLUTELY, NO 'one truth', BELIEVED and ACCEPTED BY "others". Otherwise 'it' would NOT EXPRESS 'this BELIEF' as though 'it' was ACTUALLY TRUE and RIGHT.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm Naturally there's only so much that people are willing to do, and he has shown that it will never be enough.
And, 'these people', ARE SHOWING that 'they' can NOT HAVE ENOUGH in regards to talking ABOUT 'me'. For some YET TO BE DISCLOSED REAL REASON.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary and I are ONE! :)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:27 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:07 am

For some reason, Age seems to have completely forgotten the hundreds of posts in which many of us have engaged with him and his ridiculous endless childish questioning and assumptions in the past... AND... we have shown him examples of where he was wrong (as he has requested).
AND, OBVIOUSLY, as can be CLEARLY SEEN IN 'these writings' I HAVE ACKNOWLEDGED and ACCEPTED WHEN I WAS Wrong,

Which is A LOT MORE that can be SAID ABOUT A LOT OF 'you' here.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm But he wants MORE... always...
BECAUSE being Truly OPEN and CURIOS LEADS TO WANTING TO KNOW, and UNDERSTAND, MORE, ALWAYS, and OBVIOUSLY.

See, 'you', posters, here would NOT KNOW ABOUT 'this', well, CLEARLY, NOT YET ANYWAY.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm like a demanding needy child.
What can be CLEARLY SEEN throughout 'these writings' here ARE NEEDY adults who WANT TO have 'their OWN PERSONAL views', BELIEVED and ACCEPTED BY "others".

For example, "lacewing" WANTS, and even NEEDS, 'its' OWN PERSONAL BELIEF that, 'There IS ABSOLUTELY, NO 'one truth', BELIEVED and ACCEPTED BY "others". Otherwise 'it' would NOT EXPRESS 'this BELIEF' as though 'it' was ACTUALLY TRUE and RIGHT.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:45 pm Naturally there's only so much that people are willing to do, and he has shown that it will never be enough.
And, 'these people', ARE SHOWING that 'they' can NOT HAVE ENOUGH in regards to talking ABOUT 'me'. For some YET TO BE DISCLOSED REAL REASON.
Hi, Age. Would appreciate it if you would remove my name from the quotes above. Those aren't my words.

Thanks.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:36 pm 'Death' may well be a GREAT UNKNOWN, TO 'you', "gary childress". BUT, 'death' IS FULLY KNOWN and UNDERSTOOD, BY 'Me'. Although, more than likely, ALL OF 'you', posters, probably BELIEVE, ABSOLUTELY, otherwise.
Really?

1. What do you "know" about death?

2. What do you "understand" concerning death?

3. What does it mean to "fully' know or "[fully]" understand those things?

4. Do you believe that you know something about death that others do not?