To Impenitent

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: To Impenitent

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:51 pmHow come you, supposedly, do not really care if EVERY 'body' deems you insane but you seem to somewhat care when just one says you SEEM to be just 'a BIT of a dimwit'?
I don't care if a dimwit calls me a dimwit. But I can't let such insults stand either.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Impenitent wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:55 pmI recall the days of the hand counted, verified paper ballot- accurate and fair elections - computed the day of voting...

machines control the "count" and the ballots...

I do not trust the programmers

-Imp
I don't either.

Do you believe US elections in the past are generally 'fair', or have they always been corrupt? If yes, then how corrupt? Is 2020 an exception to the previous eras of corruptness?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:11 am
Age wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:48 pmWhat IS ANY 'past', 'present', or 'future' in relation to, EXACTLY, anyway?
Time is subjective, relative to the person's cognition.

What people call "time" is their brain processing reality in "real-time".
I was ASKING a VERY DIFFERENT QUESTION here.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:12 am
Age wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:51 pmHow come you, supposedly, do not really care if EVERY 'body' deems you insane but you seem to somewhat care when just one says you SEEM to be just 'a BIT of a dimwit'?
I don't care if a dimwit calls me a dimwit. But I can't let such insults stand either.
WHY NOT?

Did ANY one here take 'it' SERIOUSLY?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:22 amWHY NOT?

Because Philosophy requires interlocution, debate and argument between (presumably equal) peers. There needs to be levels of respect and decorum, for Philosophy to take place. The quality of such, depends on the participants directly. A leader in such an environment, needs to lead by example. I consider those who start threads, 'leaders' of their own threads, demonstrating personal quality and calibre of thoughts/ideas.

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:29 am
Age wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:22 amWHY NOT?

Because Philosophy requires interlocution, debate and argument between (presumably equal) peers.
To me 'philosophy' NEVER requires 'debate' AT ALL, NOR EVER. In fact, to me, 'debate' is the VERY OPPOSITE of 'philosophy'.

Also, NO one is 'better' NOR 'worse' than ANY one "else". So, ALL of 'you', human beings, are EQUAL, in this regard.
Wizard22 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:29 am There needs to be levels of respect and decorum, for Philosophy to take place.
But, IF one does NOT CARE, then they, REALLY, do NOT CARE.

To me, ABSOLUTELY NO one could so-call 'insult' me. But, ANY one can 'TRY TO' for AS LONG they want or for HOW MUCH they want, AS WELL.
Wizard22 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 11:29 am The quality of such, depends on the participants directly. A leader in such an environment, needs to lead by example. I consider those who start threads, 'leaders' of their own threads, demonstrating personal quality and calibre of thoughts/ideas.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

That's your prerogative.

To me, stagnation is abhorrent. Conflict, debate, argument, philosophizing, is required to improve, to evolve, to grow, to learn.

Equality is Stagnation.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 8:13 am
Impenitent wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 2:55 pmI recall the days of the hand counted, verified paper ballot- accurate and fair elections - computed the day of voting...

machines control the "count" and the ballots...

I do not trust the programmers

-Imp
I don't either.

Do you believe US elections in the past are generally 'fair', or have they always been corrupt? If yes, then how corrupt? Is 2020 an exception to the previous eras of corruptness?
prior to 2020, yes they were generally fair...

there has always been precincts that were corrupted but once Trump got elected and started dismantling the bureaucracy, the bureaucrats made certain that his undoing of the bureaucracy would end...

the bureaucrats are still fighting for their existence but as we will soon see, the government will run out of other people's money and we'll have Weimar in America...

biden's response to China's invasion of Taiwan will be telling...

-Imp
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

The Democrat party and Liberals are doing everything in their power to suppress inflation before the 2024 election.

This is shaping up to be a repeat of 2008, but ten or a hundred times worse. Do you have any predictions about that?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:04 am The Democrat party and Liberals are doing everything in their power to suppress inflation before the 2024 election.

This is shaping up to be a repeat of 2008, but ten or a hundred times worse. Do you have any predictions about that?
Bad news, now you've written that thing about Jews, Impenitent will need to put a bit of space between you and he.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:02 pm 'The present' and 'the future' are VERY RELATIVE.
EXACTLY no AND yes.

The future is relative to the present. The present just is.

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:22 pm
Age wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:02 pm 'The present' and 'the future' are VERY RELATIVE.
EXACTLY no AND yes.

But 'the present', JUST IS, in regards to WHO, EXACTLY?

'The past', 'the present', and 'the future' are VERY RELATIVE to a 'subjective observer' when compared to the 'objective Observer', was WHAT I was REFERREING to, EXACTLY?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:47 pm
EXACTLY no AND yes.

'The past', 'the present', and 'the future' are VERY RELATIVE to a 'subjective observer' when compared to the 'objective Observer', was WHAT I was REFERREING to, EXACTLY?
“The present just is” means the same as “the present exists.”

BTW, what is an objective observer?

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:18 pm

EXACTLY no AND yes.

OF COURSE. This is EXTREMELY OBVIOUS.

If you read the ACTUAL QUESTION I ASKED, 'it' is in relation to WHO, and NOT about what 'the present just is' MEANS.
commonsense wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:18 pm BTW, what is an objective observer?
'EVERY one' as One.

Or, in another, and simpler, word: Everyone.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:39 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:18 pm

OF COURSE. This is EXTREMELY OBVIOUS.

If you read the ACTUAL QUESTION I ASKED, 'it' is in relation to WHO, and NOT about what 'the present just is' MEANS.
commonsense wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:18 pm BTW, what is an objective observer?
'EVERY one' as One.

Or, in another, and simpler, word: Everyone.
So, everyone is an objective observer?

The present just is, and it’s not relative to anything other than itself. Being relative to only itself is the same as saying it just is. The present just is is the same as the present is only relative to itself. The present just is is the same as the present only is, and the present only is is the same as the present isn’t anything else. The present cannot be relative to anything because then it would not only exist but exist and be relative to something else.