Agnosticism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Agnosticism

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 pm
Age wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:07 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm

Stop right here Age. If you do not find the things I described as "HORRIBLE" (the end of all life on Earth, cannibalism and other things I mentioned out of fear) then you have a problem.
And what IS 'that problem', EXACTLY?

And while you are 'at it', what IS 'a problem', itself, to you, anyway, and EXACTLY?

By the way, 'things' that WERE, ARE, or WILL BE INEVITABLE are NOT AT ALL 'horrible', to me. 'things' that could HAVE BEEN, or could BE, PREVENTED, which HURT and/or HARM "others", however, but STILL OCCURS by a species that HAS True INTELLIGENCE is FAIRLY HORRIBLE, to me.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm You are insane to think that.
Okay. So the one WITH 'visions', and ON 'medication', SAYS that; 'I am INSANE to THINK that THEIR OWN 'visions' are NOT 'HORRIBLE'.

Which MEANS that; 'I' am the INSANE 'one', RIGHT?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm I am sorry but you need to be on medication, not me.
Okay. Do you KNOW of ANY 'medication', which ACTUALLY WORKS, ALL OF THE TIME. 'you' have INFORMED 'us', ALREADY, that the VERY LONG LIST of 'medication' that 'you' have been ON does NOT WORK.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm If you don't want to take medication then I suggest you do something productive to stem the tide of such things ever happening.
Do you BELIEVE that BECAUSE you HAVE 'visions', like some "prophet", then 'I' and/or "others" WILL ALSO?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm Preserve and conserve the ecosystems as much as possible.
Absolutely NO one NEEDS 'visions' to SEE and KNOW that 'you', adult human beings, are HARMING, HURTING, and/or DESTROYING the ACTUAL 'place' and/or 'system' that 'you' ALL NEED FOR 'your' CONTINUAL SURVIVAL.

'This' is just A PLAIN OLD OBVIOUS Fact. So, PRESERVING and CONSERVING the 'ecosystems' is just ANOTHER OBVIOUS Fact, which 'human beings' LONG, LONG BEFORE the ones around when this was being written, KNEW FULLY, and WELL.

Somehow 'this' OBVIOUS Fact got LOST and FORGOTTEN, along the way, until in the days when this was being written there WERE some of 'you' who ACTUALLY 'tried to' ARGUE TO KEEP DOING what was DESTROYING the VERY planet and 'ecosystems' that you ACTUALLY NEEDED for your continued SURVIVAL.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm If you are young, you need to work toward the preservation of life on Earth.
LOL

So, what I TAKE FROM this STATEMENT and CLAIM of YOURS here IS; the so-called 'old' CAN KEEP DOING what is HARMING and DESTROYING 'life on earth', BUT it IS the so-called 'young' of the species who NEED 'to work' TOWARD 'the preservation of life on earth', and SO, in other words, THE RESPONSIBILITY, is AGAIN, LEFT TO, and PUT ON, 'the young', of the species.

Which, by the way, ALL FITS IN PERFECTLY WITH what I HAVE TO SHOW and PROVE here. So, THANK YOU AGAIN, for 'your' (INSIGHTFUL and WISE) WORDS here.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm If you are old, then you need to work toward the preservation of life on Earth.
And HOW does one DO 'this', EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm If you cannot affect positive change toward such things, then you need to practice mental care and self-hygiene while others do that work for you.
OKAY.
I know nothing about you Age. I only assume you are a human being and not some AI program nested inside the hard drive of someone's laptop (or desktop or mainframe) computer or something. YES, THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A COMPUTER. AND NO, A COMPUTER IS NOT A HUMAN BEING.

I'm going to assume you are a human being, person, sentient being, conscious being, nothingness or everything or whatever. Whatever you are, when you write about "when these words were written" you sound like Dr. Doom or something. You put all the blame on "you adult human beings" as though you are not an adult human being yourself or as though you will never be an "adult human being."

If you're not an "adult human being" (or some syntactical or grammatical equivalent, or whatever) and you don't think you will ever be one, then why do you think you won't ever be one? OR if you think you'll be one someday, then why do you seek to condemn all "adult human beings" for speaking what was on our minds "back in the days when this was written"?
I do NOT 'condemn' ANY one, for ANY 'thing'.

I just 'condemn' SOME 'behavior', and that is; SOME of the 'behavior' of 'you', adult human beings.

Unless, OF COURSE, ANY of 'you', adult human beings, would like me to STOP 'condemning' and POINTING OUT 'your' Wrong behaviors and/or would prefer that I 'condemn' the 'behavior' OF 'children', INSTEAD, AND START TO BLAME 'them' for WHY 'the world' IS IN THE OBVIOUS MESS that 'it' IS, in the days when this is being written.

As for ALL of your OTHER ASSUMPTIONS here "gary childress" I suggest 'you' FREE "your" 'self', COMPLETELY, FROM ALL of 'them', and just SEEK OUT CLARITY from me, FROM a Truly OPEN perspective, ONLY, INSTEAD.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

What can be known about God?

That's all folks.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

What is actually happening when the ''mind'' is pondering the existence of God.

henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

FIFY

There’s no God.

99.9% sure there isn’t God.

There almost certainly isn’t God.

There probably isn’t God.

Don't think there's God, but I wish there were./Don’t know if there’s God, but I’d rather there weren’t.

Don’t know if there’s God, and I don’t mind one way or the other.

Don’t know if there’s God, but I hope there is.

There might be God.

There’s probably God.

Almost sure there’s God.

There’s God.

You're welcome.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:37 pm You're welcome.
Thank you, henry.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:53 pm
henry quirk wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:37 pm You're welcome.
Thank you, henry.
Any time, pal.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

The paper flew
The children ran
Spoken in blue
By the red man
:mrgreen: