Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Watching the clock

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:55 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:51 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:40 pm

How do you know?
Because sadness is inevitably but wisdom is not.
When you demonstrate wisdom, I'll start paying attention to your counsel. So far I'm still waiting. But you'll be happy to know, I have hopes for you.
Regarding your crude segue into the concept of wisdom, Gary, your postings are evidence that you don't recognize wisdom.

However, back to the reality of what's happening now ...

Gary, you asked a question. You asked, how do you know?
I answered the question. You cannot dispute the answer.
Plain and simple, peer to peer.

So, if you don't like answers, don't ask questions.

My answers are not meant to please you, Gary. They are merely a springboard to a truthful contemplation shared as a posting such as this one. Philosophers can springboard off most anything. For example, I could use a rock as a springboard, but your rhetorical question was at the time handy and easy to answer with contrasting sincerity.

Regarding your crude segue into the concept of wisdom, Gary, your postings to date are evidence that you don't recognize wisdom. Don't let the clock run out before you do recognize wisdom and honor it. Make that your purpose, and not some fantasy woman.

:wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:09 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:55 pm

When you demonstrate wisdom, I'll start paying attention to your counsel. So far I'm still waiting. But you'll be happy to know, I have hopes for you.
As much as you piss me off sometimes Gary, the human race actually needs critical thinkers like you--desperately. I would be very ticked off if you signed off.
Paradoxically enough, you're one of the few people on this forum that I'm actually very flattered to hear that from. Most people will just say something like that at the drop of a hat just to be "nice". At least a person knows where they stand with you and why. It's definitely more authentic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think anyone on here could accuse me of 'trying to be nice' :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:22 pm I don't think anyone on here could accuse me of 'trying to be nice' :lol:
He's just sucking up to you.

Brings to mind, Chester and Spike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgfPHP1w0I
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:22 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:16 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:09 pm

As much as you piss me off sometimes Gary, the human race actually needs critical thinkers like you--desperately. I would be very ticked off if you signed off.
Paradoxically enough, you're one of the few people on this forum that I'm actually very flattered to hear that from. Most people will just say something like that at the drop of a hat just to be "nice". At least a person knows where they stand with you and why. It's definitely more authentic.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't think anyone on here could accuse me of 'trying to be nice' :lol:
:D
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:27 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:22 pm I don't think anyone on here could accuse me of 'trying to be nice' :lol:
He's just sucking up to you.

Brings to mind, Chester and Spike.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAgfPHP1w0I
You're just jealous, kid. Go find a hooker or something more your intellectual speed. :P
Walker

Post by Walker »

Interesting response from that world of yours, Gary.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Walker wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:42 pm Interesting response from that world of yours, Gary.
Thank you, my swami in training. Watch and learn. :P