Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:56 pm
dattaswami wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:53 pm This world is called as karma loka (world of actions), which means that nothing is predetermined and you have free will in complete reality.
The starting point was pre-determined.

Murder, rape, sickness, violence, slavery. We could've inherited a reality without any of those things.

God decided we are better off with them than without them.
Yep. He coulda built us all as meat machines instead of free wills. He coulda hardwired us to be communal drones. No worries, though. Science! is on top of it. Gengineering and neural implants: gateways to your utopia.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:42 pm Yep. He coulda built us all as meat machines instead of free wills. He coulda hardwired us to be communal drones. No worries, though. Science! is on top of it. Gengineering and neural implants: gateways to your utopia.
Hah! Utopia. Shove it up your ass.

I'll settle for good enough - screw perfect.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:24 pm
henry quirk wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:42 pm Yep. He coulda built us all as meat machines instead of free wills. He coulda hardwired us to be communal drones. No worries, though. Science! is on top of it. Gengineering and neural implants: gateways to your utopia.
Hah! Utopia. Shove it up your ass.

I'll settle for good enough - screw perfect.
So: what's good enough?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:20 am So: what's good enough?
You already know. If you are asking the question - there's some non-perfect; non-ideal answer that will satisfy you.

That answer is good enough.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:57 am
You already know. If you are asking the question - there's some non-perfect; non-ideal answer that will satisfy you.

I'm askin' what you think is, or how you define, 'good enough'.
Last edited by henry quirk on Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:11 pm
Skepdick wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:57 am

I'm askin' what you think, or how you define, 'good enough'.
The Truth is good enough.
Rationalizing to weasel out of The Truth, that's not good enough.

Too bad so many think that weaseling is good.

Here's some Truth. (Yes, I can hear it from the weasels now, truth is only relative ... but that doesn't negate this one.)

- When Trump was president, the definitive prosperity numbers were climbing. They were upticking. For this, Trump was relentlessly attacked and undermined on a daily basis. Worse, the public was relentlessly told that anything associated with Trump was Bad, including governance. Worse, the herd swallowed it.

- Now that Brandon is president, and has deliberately, intentionally, turned the uptick into a downtick ... God gets the blame for what Brandon and has puppeteers have created.

It’s not complicated. That’s how it works.

Here's the weaseling rationale: "'God-botherers' believe that God made Brandon, so God is responsible for what Brandon has done. The same weaseling is in play when someone says: "God made me hungry, so God is to blame for making me steal food."

The weaseling is a weak defense for the idiot. It's a damn weak defense for his voters, but it works because they're so smart, they've mastered relativism, double-think, and a good night sleep when the sins of the day fall away.

That's right. I'm sayin' it plain.

What's the gist of the rebuttal? The gist of the rebuttal is, truth is relative and to that, I spit on the ground. Philosophically saying that lots of people think lots of things is a worthless thing to say, not relevant to any particular cause and effect, but somehow it's a philosophy multi-pass.

Declaring that all is relative is the Windex of Philosophy, it can apply to anything*.

What does this have to do with sin, rape, victimhood, and a child in the womb? Everything.

* But not your monitor if it has ammonia in it. :|
Last edited by Walker on Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:04 pm

Here's some Truth. (Yes, I can hear it from the weasels now, truth is only relative ... but that doesn't negate this one.)

- When Trump was president,
This thread is not a political thread, but you, as is often the case, are hijacking it to promote your own questionable political views. That is the truth.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Abortion is completely Political, Einstein.

That's the truth.

Also true is the weaseliness of the word, "Questionable."

And you know what they say. Weasel is as weasel does.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:31 pm Abortion is completely Political, Einstein.
Abortion is a moral issue.
Also true is the weaseliness of the word, "Questionable."
I have to agree. Replace "questionable" with "abominable".
And you know what they say. Weasel is as weasel does.
I didn't know, actually. So who, exactly, says that? Apart from you, I mean.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:45 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:31 pm Abortion is completely Political, Einstein.
Abortion is a moral issue.
Ignoring the rest of your responses, for obvious reasons ...

This observation of yours then makes morality a subset of politics.

For the herd squealing about the injustice of properly dismissing the Roe v. Wade SOCTUS decision because it was unconstitutional, this is certainly true.

Harbal, have a great CHRISTmas, and do try to conquer those inner weasel tendencies of calling it Xmas. The New Year's Resolution is a good time to begin that journey out of darkness.

(I know, it sounds so unfair, if not unjust, to sound a like a weasel when declaring Weaseldom. But like AI, I learn the environment and adapt to conditions. If the Left is involved, I'm learning from The Masters of Weasels.)

:|
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Seems to me: first and foremost it's a moral issue.
Walker

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:00 pm
Seems to me: first and foremost it's a moral issue.
First and foremost, it's a question of Life or Death, and that's objective ... not seems to me.

Life ... Or ... Death.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:56 pm This observation of yours then makes morality a subset of politics.
Well absolutely anything and everything can come under the subset of politics. :?
For the herd squealing about the injustice of properly dismissing the Roe v. Wade SOCTUS decision because it was unconstitutional, this is certainly true.
I don't know anything about "Roe v. Wade, so please don't talk to me about it.
Harbal, have a great CHRISTmas, and do try to conquer those inner weasel tendencies of calling it Xmas.
This year I am in the fortunate position of being able to completely ignore Christmas.
The New Year's Resolution is a good time to begin that journey out of darkness.
I rarely make resolutions, but when I do, I don't confine them to a specific date just to conform to a ridiculous social convention. :roll:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:12 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:56 pm This observation of yours then makes morality a subset of politics.
Well absolutely anything and everything can come under the subset of politics. :?
Wrong. Henry will fill you in.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:13 pm Wrong. Henry will fill you in.
Isn't that a weasel response?