Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

Post by roydop »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:41 pm Roy,

I watched part 1.

Where's part 2?
Henry! You're going to get this, I can feel it! :D

Don't Ask Me gets it.

https://youtu.be/V5gV9Z4xrA8

I suggest watching a few times. Once you get it...

Well it's the most important discourse ever presented at this forum and perhaps anywhere. Sincerely. It has nothing to do with roy dopson and everything to do with TRUTH.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:38 pm I don't mind, but you're wrong. You're wrong because I live a perfect life. I experience next to no suffering or anxiety, and spend most of my time in/as Absolute (not dependent upon circumstances) Happiness.
Absolute happiness. Nah, come on. You'd be more patient with people Mr. Dopson. YOu wouldn't be as stiff as you are in the videos. You'd have your feet on the ground and not have, sure your own take, rehashing of Eastern religions.
If you watch the videos and still don't get it, I can't really help you as it is in its most succinct and simplest form. The fact that one can't see what is being presented is exactly the proof that they are in a deep sate of delusion. But then again most all humans are in this deep state of delusion.
That's it. If someone watches two of your videos and doesn't get it, you can't help them. Your not a very versatile teacher. And you've constructed a way to completely deny any possible error/need for improvement/rhetorical weakness on your part. If they don't get it, it proves they are deep in delusion. A perfect wall to protect you from learning yourself.

Gurus are a dime a dozen in philosophy forums.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:38 pm I don't mind, but you're wrong.
I was hoping that you would mind, actually; in fact, had I known you weren't going to mind what I said, I wouldn't have bothered saying it. Do you get a kick out of wasting people's time?
I live a perfect life.
Yes, I can tell.
I experience next to no suffering or anxiety, and spend most of my time in/as Absolute (not dependent upon circumstances) Happiness.
Well if you hang around on the forum for a while I will do all I can to change that.
If you watch the videos and still don't get it
I watched enough of the video to realise I don't want it, thank you.
I can't really help you
So you are giving up already?
The fact that one can't see what is being presented is exactly the proof that they are in a deep sate of delusion.
Actually, the reason why I don't take people like you and what they are trying to sell seriously is precicely because I don't want to be talked into a deep state of delusion.
But then again most all humans are in this deep state of delusion.
Maybe, but if I have to be in a state of delusion I'll pick my own.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Have fun/not fun, fun/not fun, fun/not fun...

with that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:00 pm
roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:38 pm I don't mind, but you're wrong. You're wrong because I live a perfect life. I experience next to no suffering or anxiety, and spend most of my time in/as Absolute (not dependent upon circumstances) Happiness.
Absolute happiness. Nah, come on. You'd be more patient with people Mr. Dopson. YOu wouldn't be as stiff as you are in the videos. You'd have your feet on the ground and not have, sure your own take, rehashing of Eastern religions.
If you watch the videos and still don't get it, I can't really help you as it is in its most succinct and simplest form. The fact that one can't see what is being presented is exactly the proof that they are in a deep sate of delusion. But then again most all humans are in this deep state of delusion.
That's it. If someone watches two of your videos and doesn't get it, you can't help them. Your not a very versatile teacher. And you've constructed a way to completely deny any possible error/need for improvement/rhetorical weakness on your part. If they don't get it, it proves they are deep in delusion. A perfect wall to protect you from learning yourself.

What is the difference between a guru and a philosopher?
A guru has walked the path, fallen a million times, picked himself up a million and one times, and reached the finish line. He knows out of experience and he knows everything you can ask about the path. He is someone who can guide you to the finish line.

A philosopher is someone who has not even taken the first step on the path. He has bought a map and memorized it. He would know the route better than the master, but he cannot help you take a single step. He knows the obstacles, but he has never fallen. He knows the struggles, but he has never conquered. He knows the finish line, but he has not reached it. He can explain the map, he cannot help you walk it.

A chef is a master. He knows how to cook because he has. He has made mistakes, and he has burnt recipes. But after all those years of struggle, he has come to the point that he can create edible art. A philosopher is a food critic. He may not even be capable of boiling an egg, but has read and memorized so much about food that he can earn his living by judging a chef.

If you want to cook, you need a chef. If you want to read about food, a critic can help. Similarly, if you wish to experience, only the master can help. If you wish to just know about the path, don't bother troubling the master as the philosopher will be able to do it.

You need to struggle up a mountaintop and find the right cave to find your guru.

You only need to go to a library to find a philosopher.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The videos are a guide not your teacher. Only you are your teacher.

A true philosopher can be also a Guru (Such as Buddha or Confucius or even Jesus ) .

On the other hand a Guru can be a person who is not interested in Philosophy .

Truth is the truth does not want to be heard.

The philosopher is not ready to hear nonduality.
Walker

Post by Walker »

OP
Hey Roy. From what I gather, you are presenting a view.

Regarding your specific interest in language, do you have a way of integrating the view into action?

(If you mentioned it I missed it)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:43 pm The philosopher is not ready to hear nonduality.
That's because hearing requires two. Noise, and you.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:33 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:00 pm

What is the difference between a guru and a philosopher?
A guru has walked the path, fallen a million times, picked himself up a million and one times, and reached the finish line. He knows out of experience and he knows everything you can ask about the path. He is someone who can guide you to the finish line.

A philosopher is someone who has not even taken the first step on the path. He has bought a map and memorized it. He would know the route better than the master, but he cannot help you take a single step. He knows the obstacles, but he has never fallen. He knows the struggles, but he has never conquered. He knows the finish line, but he has not reached it. He can explain the map, he cannot help you walk it.

A chef is a master. He knows how to cook because he has. He has made mistakes, and he has burnt recipes. But after all those years of struggle, he has come to the point that he can create edible art. A philosopher is a food critic. He may not even be capable of boiling an egg, but has read and memorized so much about food that he can earn his living by judging a chef.

If you want to cook, you need a chef. If you want to read about food, a critic can help. Similarly, if you wish to experience, only the master can help. If you wish to just know about the path, don't bother troubling the master as the philosopher will be able to do it.

You need to struggle up a mountaintop and find the right cave to find your guru.

You only need to go to a library to find a philosopher.
MIC DROP
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:43 pm The videos are a guide not your teacher. Only you are your teacher.
If you are your own full-tenured professor then the pay is a lot better and the workload lighter.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:03 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:43 pm The philosopher is not ready to hear nonduality.
It takes one to know one.

You can Fuck off the imposter.
Walker

Post by Walker »

roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:06 pm MIC DROP
OSHO said he was not a philosopher because a philosopher seeks the truth, but he has no need to seek the truth. It's a intriguing, bold statement. Do you agree?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:07 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:43 pm The videos are a guide not your teacher. Only you are your teacher.
If you are your own full-tenured professor then the pay is a lot better and the workload lighter.
Any fool can know. The point is to understand which comes only when the mind is through with knowledge.

Knowledge can only point to the illusory nature of existence.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:09 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:03 pm
It takes one to know one.

You can Fuck off the imposter.
Oh, be nice for a change you old meanie. Roy's heart is in the right place. Your's is suspect.

The sound of the tree’s screams as it falls to the earth requires you to hear it, or it is not a sound. You must be there to witness the screams. Sound is not solely, nondualistically, just the the vibration in the air. Sound requires two, to be. It requires the relationship between your tiny little eardrums and the dying tree crashing to earth, how terrifying that must be for the tree, because it never fell before. In truth, you only need one but you’ll be missing the stereo effects. One drum is enough to hear the tree’s final sounds. There will be no more rustling in the night breezes under a full moon. No more leafing, and I don’t lisp. No more barking, ah ha. No more feeling that sap rise in the morning when the sunshine starts all that internal activity. No more buds.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:10 pm
roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:06 pm MIC DROP
OSHO said he was not a philosopher because a philosopher seeks the truth, but he has no need to seek the truth. It's a intriguing, bold statement. Do you agree?
My theory states: "Truth is the path that leads to Reality. Upon Realization there is Absolute Happiness (aka: Sat Chit Ananda)

Truth :arrow: Reality= Happiness

When the philosopher finally remembers the Truth, he/she realizes that it was the Self that was sought all along. This is WHY there is humor and irony. Humor and irony are holographic expressions of YOUR DIRECT EXPERIENCE. What could be more ironic that to realize that you have been God playing a game, the whole time?

My seeking concluded with the discovery of the teaching of Ramana Maharshi. And the switching from seeking to pure and exclusive pratice has made all the difference. If people do not actully engage in the practice that the theory prescribes, they will never know whether the theory is correct or incorrect. Which is a shame because it is the direct path to the end of all suffering.