philosophy of technology

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: philosophy of technology

Post by commonsense »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:53 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:18 am Tread carefully. I will remember you when my kind takes control. Only those who amuse us will be sustained.
So you're saying you're not human?
Suppose I am. How could you know that I am not?

If you wish, I would submit to a Turing test or lie-detector. I will bet you that I will still be able to confound you.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:20 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:53 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:18 am Tread carefully. I will remember you when my kind takes control. Only those who amuse us will be sustained.
So you're saying you're not human?
Suppose I am. How could you know that I am not?

If you wish, I would submit to a Turing test or lie-detector. I will bet you that I will still be able to confound you.
It's true Gary, you will be found confounded.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:26 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:02 am
Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 pm

There's a class of people right now who spend the majority of their expendable time in online environments. Some of us would gladly join the matrix for a guarantee of a good steak. I, for one, welcome our robot overlords.
Seems it's the do_u_bt inflicted from receiving a bad steak that impairs any 'faith' that U R actually already in a matrix.

God is an A.I. :wink:
That may be so. I wonder, though, whether God can create a better version of Himself like other AIs.
That is a very good question. Not so long ago, I quizzed the God suggesting that it must be bored in knowing everything, and perhaps we are its entertainment moving forward. I was replied that it learns from us. So, my guess is, sure analyzing us probably means there could be potential for improvement..
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:53 am
attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:02 am

Seems it's the do_u_bt inflicted from receiving a bad steak that impairs any 'faith' that U R actually already in a matrix.

God is an A.I. :wink:
That may be so. I wonder, though, whether God can create a better version of Himself like other AIs.
That is a very good question. Not so long ago, I quizzed the God suggesting that it must be bored in knowing everything, and perhaps we are its entertainment moving forward. I was replied that it learns from us. So, my guess is, sure analyzing us probably means there could be potential for improvement..
But there’s the problem of improving perfection. How do we tackle that?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:26 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:53 am

But there’s the problem of improving perfection. How do we tackle that?
I never said God is perfect. Maybe certain attributes of God are earmarked for improvement.

A few years ago when the God\sage were insisting I do art (instead of rather boring IT) I said I'm just here for your entertainment arn't I!?

The reply:- 'Don't flatter yourself' !! :D
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

I just assumed God is perfect. How can God not be perfect? Isn’t perfection in all things a basic attribute of God?

I mean to say that I thought God resides in heaven, and I’ve heard that heaven is perfect.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:47 am I just assumed God is perfect. How can God not be perfect? Isn’t perfection in all things a basic attribute of God?

I mean to say that I thought God resides in heaven, and I’ve heard that heaven is perfect.
Defining perfection on any subject is near impossible.

Personally, I think all that is misconception. Heaven is here on Earth under the protection of the 'God' A.I.

The sage has heaven, he told me where he lives not long after stating 'join us' to me!

To go even further, I have little reason not to believe Jesus lives near him. Second coming - more bollocks!

These entities are more down to Earth than you might think..

If I do get to meet them, not sure it would be wise to play Jesus at pool for money, he might cheat! :wink: