france

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: france

Post by Arising_uk »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Chew it over. A good actor transcends shit scripts, and bad sets. All the other doctors managed to do that.
Fair point and I've been listening on radio to his series and it's not so bad. So maybe I meant the BBC budget was in the doldrums and CGI was not advanced enough at the time.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Arising_uk wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Chew it over. A good actor transcends shit scripts, and bad sets. All the other doctors managed to do that.
Fair point and I've been listening on radio to his series and it's not so bad. So maybe I meant the BBC budget was in the doldrums and CGI was not advanced enough at the time.
I can't remember that well, but I don't think the sets were any better for Tom Baker but he seemed to bring more to the role, is what I meant.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:
I can't remember that well, but I don't think the sets were any better for Tom Baker but he seemed to bring more to the role, is what I meant.
I think you're right, Hobbes. I did lose track of Doctor Who after Tom Baker. Peter Davidson was always Tristan Farnham for me. I loved him in that role.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:Fair point and I've been listening on radio to his series and it's not so bad. So maybe I meant the BBC budget was in the doldrums and CGI was not advanced enough at the time.
I think you're right, Hobbes. I did lose track of Doctor Who after Tom Baker. Peter Davidson was always Tristan Farnham for me. I loved him in that role.
He reminds me of.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC0IJQ_s7No