Feminist Fantasy

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Feminist Fantasy

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Nick_A wrote:There are more people who believe in Sharia law entering the United States every day so its influence is growing through numbers. Sharia law supports the abuse of women by traditional American standards. There are women who consider themselves both political and social activists who speak continually about women's rights. But at the same time they support by ignoring the abuse of women by Sharia law. Why? Comments so far lead me to believe it is the result of feminist rape fantasies. The only alternative is too horrible to take seriously. This alternative is that such women are openly shallow, callous, and cruel to the degree that they support open vile abuse of women for political or financial profit. I'll stick with an over active fantasy life.
It's not relevant.
Sharia courts have no power and cannot enforce their findings if they transgress the law of the land.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Hobbes' Choice wrote:Sharia law is tautology. Sharia means law.
There are such things as Sharia courts in the UK, where Muslims can go to get judgements that are in tune with their religion. The judgements can frame binding agreements, but they have no standing in the Lex Britannica.
Such courts are wholly voluntary.
Does this mean Sharia is more influential in the UK. Only by the most strangled definition of the world influence.
They shouldn't exist at all in the UK.
it's a free country. Any club or other organisation can pronounce judgement on its members. As long as such judgements do not translate into unlawful actions, they have every right to exist.
'It is also understood that the all-male courts are rigged against women, fuelled by "a toxic mix of religious fundamentalism, culture and tight-knit communities" according to a book published last year.' It's not 'freedom' when the freedom of certain groups of people is being encroached on. When in Rome....A secular legal system is about equal rights for everyone. The only reason muslims would want to have their own 'sharia' courts is so that they can practise their own bigoted customs in a secular country.
Skip

Post by Skip »

This thread is a fine example of how an advocate of one religion can defame a rival religion, while spreading its values.
Ooooh, he's so against Islam and Sharia for abusing women, while he himself maligns the women of secular nations.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

FDP wrote:
I never support any abuse of women under Sharia law or any other law. I don't single out Sharia as if it is a particular threat to my secular nation - because it clearly is not, just as it is not in yours. In both our countries there are plenty of people doing fucking horrible stuff for reasons entirely unrelated to Sharia law. So why are you deflecting from real to imagined problems?

I also don't approve of them flogging and beheading atheists. Or throwing homosexuals off tall buildings. Nor any of the other stupid shit those guys do. Hillary doesn't support any of these actions either.
You are missing the point. The question is how can women who profess to be concerned about women's rights support the abuse of women by Sharia law? This has nothing to do with one nation taking over another. That is another worthwhile topic but the question is why women do this. I suggest that feminist fantasies about being dominated play a part. And yes, even worse some women like Hillary claim to be advocates of women's rights and take money from countries that openly abuse women.

Suppose a person enters a neighborhood with the intent of making its children drug addicts? Would you oppose this person, look the other way, or accept a bribe not to make waves? It is the same idea. Sharia enters the United States with the intent to further its interests which include abusing women. Some women oppose it but many look the other way and even appreciate it. Others accept bribes that buy their silence. I'm just surprised that there are so many cold and callous women who define themselves as feminists and social activists who are open hypocrites. They speak about women's rights and support their abuse at the same time.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Hobbes wrote:
It's not relevant.
Sharia courts have no power and cannot enforce their findings if they transgress the law of the land.
What do courts have to do with it? Women are abused in the home all the time and justified through Sharia law. There are a good number of women who fantasize about this until they are abused in the home. I prefer to believe these women have an over active fantasy life rather than being so cold and callous that they either ignore or support the abuse of women.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Nick_A wrote:The question is how can women who profess to be concerned about women's rights support the abuse of women by Sharia law?
They don't. You are either making this up or you have been falling for more stupid hoaxes on the internet.
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote:Hobbes wrote:
It's not relevant.
What do courts have to do with it? Women are abused in the home all the time and justified through Sharia law. There are a good number of women who fantasize about this until they are abused in the home. I prefer to believe these women have an over active fantasy life rather than being so cold and callous that they either ignore or support the abuse of women.
How do you know what women 'fantasize about'?? Your OP has stunk of disingenuous dog-crap from the start.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

FDP wrote

Nick_A wrote:The question is how can women who profess to be concerned about women's rights support the abuse of women by Sharia law?

They don't. You are either making this up or you have been falling for more stupid hoaxes on the internet.
Name some women’s groups condemning the abuse of women by Sharia law in the United States.
Vege wrote: How do you know what women 'fantasize about'?? Your OP has stunk of disingenous dog-crap from the start.
Rape and abuse fantasies are common knowledge. Who can deny it? Are they responsible for the toleration of the abuse of women by women who profess to be in favor of women’s rights? I would actually prefer that explanation to the repulsive one that some women are so cold and callous that they sell out women being abused for financial profit and/or political gain.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

I'm getting too old for this. What is it about hypocrisy that people defend it to their dying breath? Posters on this thread refuse to admit the hypocrisy that turns women against women. Thank goodness there are exceptions.
Phyllis Chesler (Phyllis-chesler.com) is emerita professor of psychology and the author of 16 books including “Living History: On the Front Line for Israel and the Jews, 2003-2015.”
http://nypost.com/2015/06/07/as-isis-br ... t-silence/
As ISIS brutalizes women, a pathetic feminist silence
Posters here support this silence. What have we become?
vegetariantaxidermy

Nick_A wrote:I'm getting too old for this. What is it about hypocrisy that people defend it to their dying breath? Posters on this thread refuse to admit the hypocrisy that turns women against women. Thank goodness there are exceptions.
Phyllis Chesler (Phyllis-chesler.com) is emerita professor of psychology and the author of 16 books including “Living History: On the Front Line for Israel and the Jews, 2003-2015.”
http://nypost.com/2015/06/07/as-isis-br ... t-silence/
As ISIS brutalizes women, a pathetic feminist silence
Posters here support this silence. What have we become?
It's not our fault you have comprehension problems.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Nick_A wrote:... What have we become?
I don't know which "we" you consider yourself to be a part of.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Skip wrote:
I don't know which "we" you consider yourself to be a part of.
I am part of a grand collective called society which apparently includes women who either through fantasy or the most cold and callous emotional conviction will even sacrifice the well being of their fellow women in the quest for political and financial gain while preaching women's rights. Their blatant hypocrisy is excused just as it is on this thread. Live and learn.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Okay, a nightmare collective.
I suggest a strong cup of coffee and some realistic stock-taking.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Skip wrote:
Okay, a nightmare collective.
I suggest a strong cup of coffee and some realistic stock-taking.
You are part of the nightmare collective called the Great Beast. I am also but my advantage over you is that I know it. You refuse to consciously witness it which is why you can excuse the hypocrisy by women. You prefer to wallow in denial rather than admit the obvious hypocrisy of abuse against women supported by women. Buying stocks won't help but opening your eyes will.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Nick_A wrote:Name some women’s groups condemning the abuse of women by Sharia law in the United States.
There is no Sharia law in the United States. It is a foreign legal system with no basis in your country.

You are indulging in a pathetic fantasy about Sharia, and within it you have a second layer of fantasy about acceptance of it, and within that fantasy you have a layer of perverted shit about women fantasising about being raped and seeking domination.

As I mentioned at the start of this thread, you are psycho-sexually fucked up.

There is shit that is very wrong with you Nick.