Humour Poll

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Would you prefefer humour left out of conversation?

No. I'm a sour puss, and a Calvinist.
No votes
Only when it's a stupid thread.
17%
When a thread, no matter how good, breaks down.
No votes
Yes. I like a good larf!
50%
Let the gods of Chaos have the field.
33%

Total votes: 6

thedoc

Re: Humour Poll

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:I haven't had my coffee yet. :)
Did you know that coffee is a really good cleaner, so what are you cleaning up.
My language. (No, not really.)
Well! It's about time.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote: Well! It's about time.
Not really. Your watch stopped.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote:
thedoc wrote: Well! It's about time.
Not really. Your watch stopped.
Doesn't matter, it's still correct twice a day.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

The "Humor Poll" would have been more humorous if you had spelled it the "Humor pole", or "Humor pile".
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Answers 2,3 and 4 ask you to vote for the opposite of what you mean.
eg.
Would you prefer humour to be left out, only when the thread is stupid?

This thread is not funny.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Answers 2,3 and 4 ask you to vote for the opposite of what you mean.
eg.

Yes, I mentioned I messed up the poll. As to funny, it wasn't meant to be. It's a serious issue for the forum. So, what's it to be? If people don't want humour, just say so.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Hobbes' Choice wrote:Answers 2,3 and 4 ask you to vote for the opposite of what you mean.
eg.

Yes, I mentioned I messed up the poll. As to funny, it wasn't meant to be. It's a serious issue for the forum. So, what's it to be? If people don't want humour, just say so. But humour often has honesty and answers as well.

So, does everyone want to go dry? Perhaps I will become a Calvinist, myself.

Addendum: I'm taking everything seriously now, and am going to start ripping holes in people's belief systems.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Dalek Prime wrote: So, does everyone want to go dry? Perhaps I will become a Calvinist, myself.

Addendum: I'm taking everything seriously now, and am going to start ripping holes in people's belief systems.
Promise?
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

First you have to understand the belief system, before you criticize it, otherwise your statements are meaningless. So that will require a lot of work on your part, are you really up for it?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

thedoc wrote:First you have to understand the belief system, before you criticize it, otherwise your statements are meaningless. So that will require a lot of work on your part, are you really up for it?
Actually, no. It just has to be unreasoned, or have a weak premise. As well, you don't believe that yourself, as you don't understand mine, but think your criticisms are meaningful.

Anyways, if I really were to give up my humour, life would become unbearable, so it's not going to happen. The forum will just have to live with good fun. I don't want to be the party-pooper. Cheers doc. You've talked me out of it.

This forum can weigh on a person sometimes. Reason and a good laugh are all we've got.
Hobbes' Choice

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

Dalek Prime wrote:
eg.

Yes, I mentioned I messed up the poll. As to funny, it wasn't meant to be. It's a serious issue for the forum. So, what's it to be? If people don't want humour, just say so. But humour often has honesty and answers as well.

Humour is best when in agreement. If it's used defensively it tends to look like defeat and people, if they are going to get funny, in those circumstances tend to get insulting, either to the person or to denigrate the importance of the issue.
Some ideas are just so stupid that the only response is ridicule.

[Edited by iMod]
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dalek Prime wrote:
eg.

The addendum can be titled: Looking for truth in all the wrong places.

Any confusion about the appropriateness of humor likely derives from the assumption that comedians are joking.

The repetition of empirical evidence indicates that philosophical views of forest soon evolve into questions and squabbles concerning trees and branches and leaves, with frequent farm references of fertilizer, and as anyone who has trudged across the tundra knows, the shoes affect the walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P7yWnAAd0
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

Walker wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:
eg.

The addendum can be titled: Looking for truth in all the wrong places.

Any confusion about the appropriateness of humor likely derives from the assumption that comedians are joking.

The repetition of empirical evidence indicates that philosophical views of forest soon evolve into questions and squabbles concerning trees and branches and leaves, with frequent farm references of fertilizer, and as anyone who has trudged across the tundra knows, the shoes affect the walk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_P7yWnAAd0
Whatever. I rarely joke without a grain or more of truth to it.