Before The Storm (Landscape)

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Pluto

Re: Before The Storm (Landscape)

Post by Pluto »

artisticsolution wrote:
Pluto wrote:Not Us against Them, in terms of nationalism, but Them against Us, in terms of those in power against Us. Power exists, and it currently views the people as enemy. Look around you. It's not so much that society would unravel, rather as Orwell says, to keep the structure of society intact. To keep current power relations untouched, to continue the project. To maintain positions of privilege.
No I meant if any of 'us' were in power, would we behave the same? It seems to me if those who are in power behave a certain way, chances are, if we had power, so might we. As human is a human is a human....
This position is too defeatist. Plus too black and white. If that idea was followed throughout history we would be in a worse place now. All freedoms are hard won and easily lost.
artisticsolution

Post by artisticsolution »

Pluto wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:
Pluto wrote:Not Us against Them, in terms of nationalism, but Them against Us, in terms of those in power against Us. Power exists, and it currently views the people as enemy. Look around you. It's not so much that society would unravel, rather as Orwell says, to keep the structure of society intact. To keep current power relations untouched, to continue the project. To maintain positions of privilege.
No I meant if any of 'us' were in power, would we behave the same? It seems to me if those who are in power behave a certain way, chances are, if we had power, so might we. As human is a human is a human....
This position is too defeatist. Plus too black and white. If that idea was followed throughout history we would be in a worse place now. All freedoms are hard won and easily lost.

I respectfully disagree. I believe that if the idea that we are all created equal in our humanity was followed throughout history, we'd be in a better place right now.

It's the 'us vs. them' mentality that has been mankind's culprit.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Okay, but know that power sees itself in opposition to those it wields power over. And would be happy with your position.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

artisticsolution wrote:
Pluto wrote:It probably does matter yes, to some. I'm more interested in trying to understand what is going on right now in the present. The War On Terror for instance, what is that?
It's a stance against mean people.
Are the children of Afghanistan and Iraq mean? No. Yet a war of terror has rained down on top of their heads.
artisticsolution

Pluto wrote:
artisticsolution wrote:
Pluto wrote:It probably does matter yes, to some. I'm more interested in trying to understand what is going on right now in the present. The War On Terror for instance, what is that?
It's a stance against mean people.
Are the children of Afghanistan and Iraq mean? No. Yet a war of terror has rained down on top of their heads.
Just who do you think are making it rain? Mean people.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

The US and UK government?
artisticsolution

Pluto wrote:The US and UK government?
yes, and the terrorists.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

So the government and the terrorists are the problem. They can fight each other then. But what's happened is, the government's have used this 'war with the terrorists' to instill a police state at home.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

The Press, the Media, have gone over to the side of power. This is natural and to be expected. Whenever national security is on the table the communication platforms go into action. A car worker on the shop floor decides not, what car will be made. As a journalist decides not what the story is. Without a press or investigative media arm on the side of people, then people are like headless chickens in the dark. Blown from one piece of propaganda to the next, until confusion sets in, then apathy. The mass media is the opium of the masses, not only does it sedate, it aligns a collective (un)consciousness in step with the wider project of where we are going.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

I appreciate your point about propaganda; yet, imagine a headless chicken contemplating the darkness...

-Imp
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

...terrifying. It is important to keep it light too, as we step into the dark
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

We now take a break from reading and use listening skills for an enlightened exchange with Glenn. Listen how Justin uses intonation - the rise and fall of voice, a rhythm, a well educated man who could never knowingly lie - to legitimate himself in the mind of listener. Try not to be seduced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ota4FuYRGf4
Last edited by Pluto on Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

001.jpg
001.jpg (108.62 KiB) Viewed 3038 times
London
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Pluto wrote:To think was ok but not too much
Stay focused on you and your kin
That is what the system wants
For if you cross this line in the sand
And think of the other as you
Then power will shift in collective strength
This would trouble those who currently hold the reigns
Of power, it is true, and real. The system wants not
That you are in it together as brothers as sisters against those who care not
I too like this poem Pluto! Can identify with it.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Thanks, reading it again, it sounds better than it did before. The best ones seem to just write themselves, the words just fall out of you. Then it is later, with some distance, that you can see it fresh, usually it's bad, but sometimes you suprise yourself, and that is a good feeling.