your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Phil8659

Re: your penalty box

Post by Phil8659 »

I just welcomed a new guest.
Gary Childress a man of incredible talent.
uwot

Post by uwot »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:41 am..and let's just be clear within the above account, Xenophanes nailed nuffin..
You chopped off the qualification:
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:05 amEveryone (usual yeah buts apply) who believes in a 'supreme' god believes they are more like their supreme god than anyone else is.
You are one of the yeah buts me old mucker. While most people who believe in a god will never tire of telling you how fabulous their god is, and how their god coincidentally thinks just as they do; your god is a bit of a fucker.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:51 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:41 am..and let's just be clear within the above account, Xenophanes nailed nuffin..
You chopped off the qualification:
uwot wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:05 amEveryone (usual yeah buts apply) who believes in a 'supreme' god believes they are more like their supreme god than anyone else is.
You are one of the yeah buts me old mucker. While most people who believe in a god will never tire of telling you how fabulous their god is, and how their god coincidentally thinks just as they do; your god is a bit of a fucker.
Well said Will. Sober atto entirely agrees. :D

..and it's our God is a bit of a fucker. :wink:

Post by Age »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:11 pm Hm, I could read Age's previous post,w hich I can't see now, or I could see what Veritas has recently written. I disagree with VA on many things, but HIS mistakes and misrepresentations are vastly more interesting. At least he introduces a wide range of ideas, even if he often is not clear about them.
I just mostly POINT OUT and SHOW WHERE and WHY what 'you' have said or claimed is just False, Wrong, or Incorrect, and because you do NOT like these being POINTED OUT and SHOWN, you just IGNORE them, and BLINDLY CLASS them as NOT interesting to you.
Iwannaplato wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:11 pm And there's only so much time in the day, so I'll go read VA. CHoices. I know it's hard for Age to realize WHY people choose not to read him, but it's probably the most useful, insightful feedback he'll get, which unfortunately means he's ignored it so far.
Well there is a LOT of ASSUMING here. Which, by the way, was Wrong AND Incorrect, AS USUAL.

I KNOW WHY people CHOOSE NOT to read MY WORDS, which does NOT faze me one bit.

I CHOOSE the WORDS that I USE, for a VERY SPECIFIC REASON. And, it is NOT what 'you' ASSUME they are for.

It is just a pity, for you, that you will NEVER get to UNDERSTAND this.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

vegetariantaxidermy A fantastic pumpkin carver, creations well worth mounting on any wall.

Veritas Aequitas wanna-bee but not matter how hard he tries, he cannot find the hive.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:58 am Phil8659
nasty/fragile gurus are so, like, 20th century, man.
It is not the one who will not budge form fact and the provable, it is the one who cannot stand.
You exhibit transference. Show me one 20th century man, all the way back to the BC man of Plato's time, who prove Plato, even your own computer does.
You run, you are fragile because you cannot comprehend it, and do not have a leg to stand on.
Lie to yourself, because you must, run because you cannot stand, but you can never outrun of hide form facts and yourself.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:54 pm I just welcomed a new guest.
Gary Childress a man of incredible talent.
Well if you are an 'award winning writer' then he must be Shakespeare, Charles Dickens and John Steinbeck rolled into one....
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I got a notification that Phil8659 has responded to me here, perhaps upset I have blocked him.
If only I was curious enough to find out.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:26 am I got a notification that Phil8659 has responded to me here, perhaps upset I have blocked him.
If only I was curious enough to find out.
Try this, recheck your list, you fudged up using it, I am not blocked by you at all.