your penalty box

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: your penalty box

Post by uwot »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:35 pmDoes it narrow things down any further if we highlight his wonderful boast that because of his magnificent IQ his friends have sent their wives to him for extramarital satisfaction?

Or did Bobevenson claim that one too?
Never heard Reverend Bob claim that one. I mean yeah, it's in character, and if he's somewhere on the outside looking in, I don't doubt he'll be claiming it from here on in. But no, it doesn't narrow it down. As I keep saying, Xenophanes nailed it two and a half thousand years ago:

But mortals suppose gods are born,
Wear their own clothes and have a voice and body.
The Ethiopians say that their gods are flat-nosed and black,
While Thracians say that theirs have blue eyes and red hair.
Yet if cattle or horses or lions had hands and could draw,
And could sculpt like men, then the horses would draw their gods
Like horses, and cattle like cattle; and each would shape
Bodies of gods in the likeness, each of their own kind.

Everyone (usual yeah buts apply) who believes in a 'supreme' god believes they are more like their supreme god than anyone else is.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

uwot wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:05 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:35 pmDoes it narrow things down any further if we highlight his wonderful boast that because of his magnificent IQ his friends have sent their wives to him for extramarital satisfaction?

Or did Bobevenson claim that one too?
Never heard Reverend Bob claim that one. I mean yeah, it's in character, and if he's somewhere on the outside looking in, I don't doubt he'll be claiming it from here on in. But no, it doesn't narrow it down. As I keep saying, Xenophanes nailed it two and a half thousand years ago:

But mortals suppose gods are born,
Wear their own clothes and have a voice and body.
The Ethiopians say that their gods are flat-nosed and black,
While Thracians say that theirs have blue eyes and red hair.
Yet if cattle or horses or lions had hands and could draw,
And could sculpt like men, then the horses would draw their gods
Like horses, and cattle like cattle; and each would shape
Bodies of gods in the likeness, each of their own kind.
It certainly would be interesting if cattle, horses or lions had hands AND could draw.

I suppose we are left to dwell on whether IF animals had hands, that they would ever BOTHER to draw?

Flat noses? Blue eyes? ...who gives a shite? show me Y U were not born an animal where some they might..

..and let's just be clear within the above account, Xenophanes nailed nuffin..
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Phil8659
nasty/fragile gurus are so, like, 20th century, man.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Somebody, please, when Phil learns the difference between honey & vinegar, tell me. Till then...
FE1E160D-B4DD-4494-BB24-5730D9CF1E16.png
FE1E160D-B4DD-4494-BB24-5730D9CF1E16.png (53.14 KiB) Viewed 1256 times
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:46 pm Somebody, please, when Phil learns the difference between honey & vinegar, tell me. Till then... FE1E160D-B4DD-4494-BB24-5730D9CF1E16.png
Now that is true love. And I recommend it to everyone. If the only way you can stay on topic is to get off a thread and not waste a poster's time with gibberish, I highly and honestly, recommend it to everyone. Thank you henry.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:59 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:46 pm Somebody, please, when Phil learns the difference between honey & vinegar, tell me. Till then... FE1E160D-B4DD-4494-BB24-5730D9CF1E16.png
Now that is true love. And I recommend it to everyone. If the only way you can stay on topic is to get off a thread and not waste a poster's time with gibberish, I highly and honestly, recommend it to everyone. Thank you henry.
What is "gibberish" to you may not be "gibberish" to someone else. Not all of us are dealing with the same issues or are in the same place spiritually or existentially. Maybe you could just put some of us on ignore if it is "wasting your [personal] time."
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:08 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:59 pm
What is "gibberish" to you may not be "gibberish" to someone else. Not all of us are dealing with the same issues or are in the same place spiritually or existentially. Maybe you could just put some of us on ignore if it is "wasting your [personal] time."
Exactly when did I ask anyone to always be off topic and sniveling? Or demand anyone respond at all?
Why in the hell are some of the people here always whining, bitching, and off topic? Who taught them simple manners? apparently no one. You, yourself have no manners, in the very same post so it is natural for you to defend someone as rude as yourself.
You should respect the bravery and love shown by henry by taking his actions as a role model.
Last edited by Phil8659 on Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:11 pm Why in the hell are some of the people here always whining, bitching, and off topic? Who taught them simple manners? apparently no one.
I could possibly give you an answer to that, however, I would probably be telling you something you may already know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:16 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:11 pm Why in the hell are some of the people here always whining, bitching, and off topic? Who taught them simple manners? apparently no one.
I could possibly give you an answer to that, however, I would probably be telling you something you may already know.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Now check above, you are not even apparently as intelligent as henry. You should be his disciple.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:19 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Now check above, you are not even apparently as intelligent as henry. You should be his disciple.
You're the one asking questions. I'm trying to help with the answer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:33 pm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I just bet you really believe that your are engaging in sex when using your own hand. Why masturbation is exactly the same as mental masturbation. Maybe you should play with your emoticons. Maybe you should leave henry alone and be a disciple of them?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:38 pm

I just bet you really believe that your are engaging in sex when using your own hand. Why masturbation is exactly the same as mental masturbation. Maybe you should play with your emoticons.
Interesting that masturbation should come up in your thoughts. I haven't masturbated in almost a week. When was your last time?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:42 pm

I just bet you really believe that your are engaging in sex when using your own hand. Why masturbation is exactly the same as mental masturbation. Maybe you should play with your emoticons.
Interesting that masturbation should come up in your thoughts. I haven't masturbated in almost a week. When was your last time?
Really? at my age, what makes you think I could even remember? Or care?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:43 pm
Then I guess we can rule out sexual frustration as a potential cause for your current disposition?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:44 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:43 pm

Then I guess we can rule out sexual frustration as a potential cause for your current disposition?
What? no one told you that sex was the drive to make a penis flaccid? I am lucky, I don't have to work for it no more.