I say Hello

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: I say Hello

Post by Arising_uk »

But Bill was describing a more metaphyical experience that he thinks he remembers and it sounds more like Socrates metaphysical idea of knowledge as actual memory rather than construction or linking to known objects or ideas. Your idea sounds more like the ideas from the pedagogy of teaching in that for something to be learnt one must integrate it with something known, or the other idea of the Greeks that mnemosyne is imagination and association and as such if we wish to remember something, have knowledge of, then we must associate with something already remembered. Is this part of what your approach is attempting, memory techniques?
Ron de Weijze

Post by Ron de Weijze »

When it appears as if I wrote a reply or an opening post (in a new thread) which is then gone, that is because there were no takers. I must say I appreciate it when there are no replies when all they can be is negative or inarticulate, especially when I suspect a kind of mental laziness. I don't like to waste my thoughts however, so if that seems to have happened, what seems to have disappeared probably re-appeared on a blog or my site. Plus I only remove threads here if I can replace them with a new one.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Hmm... from my point of view Ron, this approach is a touch annoying as I tend to take a while for things to bubble up a response if the reply is a good one. For example, I just went to reply to your post about the neuropsychologist who had the heart-attack and lo' an' behold! It's gone? Do you think you could just leave them and take a copy to your blog?
Ron de Weijze

Post by Ron de Weijze »

Arising_uk wrote:Hmm... from my point of view Ron, this approach is a touch annoying as I tend to take a while for things to bubble up a response if the reply is a good one. For example, I just went to reply to your post about the neuropsychologist who had the heart-attack and lo' an' behold! It's gone? Do you think you could just leave them and take a copy to your blog?
Thank you for telling me this Arising. I thought people would just not pay attention for some reason or other. To tell you the truth, however, I must admit I have no idea who the neuropsychologist who had the heart-attack that you are referring to, might be. If you can find the post I will gladly discuss any of its content with you. Possibly you have one of my posts exchanged with another's? You can quickly check the overview in the new 'magazine format':
http://constructiverecollection.blogspot.com/
http://crpa-application.blogspot.com/

I do remember now that there was an answer in this thread before this one, to one of yours, which remained unanswered, so I took it out. That one may indeed be lost. Sorry if that is the one you meant.

Apart from deleting a post, I can also update it, like here, due to its still being the last, unanswered post.

And as a response to the way I was welcomed by the resident skeptic... I say hello and you say goodbye indeed.