Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Is it Wrong to Put Faith in Humanity?

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm "Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75", the one who still blames children for you masturbating in front of them"

Ah jeez, i hate it when this happens. Some random retard at a forum a) akses me to explain my charges,
But I am not asking this at all. Why would you presume such a ridiculous thing as this "promethean75"?

What I actually asked was;
Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75" know what is going on here while believing others do not?

And, I just asked this question in reply to what you actually said and wrote in regards to you claiming that if we take any active soldier from four different places on earth and give that one five minutes with you, then you will show 'us', and that soldier, how that soldier has not a clue of what is going on, and instead that soldier 'just wants to shoot at shit', as you call it.

Now, I just asked you the actual question why do you think or believe that you know what is going on, while others do not, on the understanding that you wanted to masturbate, (or 'shoot your shit', as some might say), in front of children, and then blame those children for what you were doing.

To some this sounds like it is you who does not yet know what is actually going on.

So, I was, and still am, just curious as to why you think or believe that you know what is going on here, while you claim others do not? Is it possible that actually it is you that does not yet have a clue of what is going on? Or is this not a possibility here?

Also, what we have here is another prime example of when one is not hearing and reading, and not comprehending and understanding, what I actually said and wrote here. And again this is because of their pre-existing beliefs and presumptions getting in the way.
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm b) doesn't pay attention and/or is too stupid to understand what i say,
What do you think I do not pay attention to, and/or I am too stupid to understand in what you say?

What have you said that you think or believe I am too stupid to understand, and/or have not paid attention to, exactly?

Also, could you here have not paid attention to the actual question that I posed, and asked you? Is it possible that because of your pre-existing beliefs and presumptions you were, literally, closed off, and/or too stupid, to understand the actual question that I posed and asked you here?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm and then later c) brings it up again in the inaccurate and distorted form his pancake batter brain has made of it.
Is it possible that you jumped to some sort of conclusion here, based on just a few words I wrote, before you actually read and comprehended the full
and whole sentence and question?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm This has very literally happened to me like six or seven times at different forums.
And could you have misread, misinterpreted, and/or jumped to a Wrong conclusion, before you comprehended what was actually being said and meant, in any number of times at those different times?

Also, can you yet notice that what you claim, 'literally happened', here is all in your own made up imagination?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm Then i gotta aks myself if i should defend myself and explain the whole thing again.
But let us not forget that I, nor no one I know of, here has even asked you to. Also, let us not forget that you could never ever defend blaming children for what you did in front of them.
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm Finally i decide not to bother becuz what does it matter if a bunch of invalids hate me for the wrong reasons.
But I, for one, have never hated you, for any reason.

I was just curios as to why you think or believe that you know what is going on here, while claiming others do not, especially considering the way that you view and perceive some particular things.

Also, why are you now calling me, and/or others, 'invalids' for, exactly?
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm Frankly i kinda like it... it's become big part of my philosophy of life ya know.
What is, supposedly, becoming a big part of your so-called 'philosophy of life', exactly?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:05 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 am Are you trying to send me to the hospital again, Age?
How many times have I sent you to hospital "gary childress"?
So far, just once in early October.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:28 am
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:02 pm "Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75", the one who still blames children for you masturbating in front of them"

Ah jeez, i hate it when this happens. Some random retard at a forum a) akses me to explain my charges,
But I am not asking this at all. Why would you presume such a ridiculous thing as this "promethean75"?

Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75" know what is going on here while believing others do not?
Funny it looks like Prom quoted you accurately, Age. Do you need help with your memory retrieval? Here, I'll provide the quote if that helps:
Age wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm
promethean75 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:40 pm Take any IDF, Arabic, Ukrainian or Russian soldier active right now, give him five minutes with me, and I'll show u (and him) how he hasn't a clue what's going on and instead just wants to shoot at shit.
But a great number of you adult human beings, when this is being written, have not a clue as to what is going on. Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75", the one who still blames children for you masturbating in front of them, knows what is going on here while believing others do not?
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:15 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... 2b15&ei=14

Why are the Houthis attacking sea vessels in the Red Sea? Iran, N. Korea, and their allies seem to be trying to destabilize the world. What is wrong with some people in this world? I try to find good in other people but I don't understand how anyone can do things like that. What is the matter with some right now that they find it necessary to seek physical violence and killing? Does anyone know? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason. :?:
When we define "good" as "being able to live in peace while sustaining the planet and the biosphere", about 80-85% of humans are evil. That's why.
Are humans "evil" for being born and needing to eat, drink, and enjoy sex and thus producing the results on the planet that we are seeing? Or should the creator of all that is (including the Earth and humans) have made the Earth more able to accommodate us? If we're headed for the next 'great extinction', then I'd say we've been short-changed. But yes, we need to cut back on our environment-degrading activities. I just wouldn't call us all "evil" for what amounts to being born and doing what we like to do. Maybe we're gluttons or something, but "evil" sounds a little harsh for being a glutton.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Killing another person unjustly OTOH, that I would call "evil".

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:04 am
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:26 am Are you trying to send me to the hospital again, Age?
What did I actually say, which made me send you to a hospital?

I can then make sure to never say 'that' again.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:12 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:28 am

Funny it looks like Prom quoted you accurately, Age. Do you need help with your memory retrieval? Here, I'll provide the quote if that helps:
Of course "promethean75" quoted 'a part' of the question I asked, correctly.

But by doing so "promethean75" completely missed and have not also misunderstood the actual question, which I posed and asked.

I really hope that you also did not miss and/or misunderstand the actual question I asked "promethean75", as well.
Age wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 pm

But a great number of you adult human beings, when this is being written, have not a clue as to what is going on. Why do you think or believe that you "promethean75", the one who still blames children for you masturbating in front of them, knows what is going on here while believing others do not?
Are you able to see the actual question that I asked?

The middle bit had absolutely nothing to do with the actual question I asked, and what that was in relation to exactly. That part was just in there to highlight how hypocritical it appears to accuse others of not knowing what they are doing, while at the same time still actually blaming the children, who they were masturbating in front of, and/or for getting caught masturbating in front of those same children.

Please tell me if you understand what I have done here now, or even if you still think or believe that I have confused something here.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:46 am

Just talk to people like you're doing now. You're on track when you're like this. Talking to people instead of about them is important when conversing. I mean, how would you like it if I responded to your post above with, "back in the days when it was written, these people thought..." and then I paraphrased something you said? You're not even addressing anyone specific as far as we know at this point. It's like walking down the street talking to an imaginary friend about all the people you pass by. "See, I wouldn't dress in a stupid outfit like the guy next to me" and it's just you and the guy next to you. How is the guy supposed to respond to that? You're talking about him instead of to him.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

The middle bit had absolutely nothing to do with the actual question I asked, and what that was in relation to exactly. That part was just in there to highlight how hypocritical it appears to accuse others of not knowing what they are doing, while at the same time still actually blaming the children, who they were masturbating in front of, and/or for getting caught masturbating in front of those same children.

Please tell me if you understand what I have done here now, or even if you still think or believe that I have confused something here.
[/quote]

I am able to see the question you asked. I can also see what looks like a cheap shot at a guy who messed up when he was young and is now living life dealing with the consequences.[/quote]

However, looking at it again, I think perhaps you and commonsense had a good point. Soldiers are not responsible for what they do while fighting for their life when they're thrown into battle and that is something I have stated many times as well. Those who bear responsibility are the ones who create the battlefield before it is even fought on, the paper signers and declarers of war.
Last edited by Gary Childress on Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:21 am
Atla wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:15 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:51 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us ... 2b15&ei=14

Why are the Houthis attacking sea vessels in the Red Sea? Iran, N. Korea, and their allies seem to be trying to destabilize the world. What is wrong with some people in this world? I try to find good in other people but I don't understand how anyone can do things like that. What is the matter with some right now that they find it necessary to seek physical violence and killing? Does anyone know? I can't for the life of me figure it out. It's like some demonic evil has gotten into them or taken hold of their minds. Surely no sane human would be doing this stuff to other human beings without good reason. :?:
When we define "good" as "being able to live in peace while sustaining the planet and the biosphere", about 80-85% of humans are evil. That's why.
Are humans "evil" for being born and needing to eat, drink, and enjoy sex and thus producing the results on the planet that we are seeing?
But human beings are not born needing to enjoy sex, at all.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:21 am Or should the creator of all that is (including the Earth and humans) have made the Earth more able to accommodate us?
you human beings only exist because of exactly how the earth actually is.

you human beings could not have been more accommodated.

Also, the Creator of all of this made things absolutely, perfectly. If you adult human beings, however, have created, and/or are still creating, an earth and/or an environment, which will not accommodate you for much longer, then whose fault is this, exactly?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:21 am If we're headed for the next 'great extinction', then I'd say we've been short-changed.
Once again, the 'victim' shines brightly.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:21 am But yes, we need to cut back on our environment-degrading activities. I just wouldn't call us all "evil" for what amounts to being born and doing what we like to do.
So, do you like degrading and destroying your one and only home, earth, "gary childress"?

Or, are you suggesting that you cannot help but do what you like, even if it means destroying the one and only home, for children, and thus future human beings?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:21 am Maybe we're gluttons or something, but "evil" sounds a little harsh for being a glutton.
So, are you here trying to suggest that no matter what you want, and take, because of your supposed and alleged uncontrollable 'gluttony', then this is not so-called 'evil' at all?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:25 am Killing another person unjustly OTOH, that I would call "evil".
Is there a way to kill another person 'justly'?

If yes, then what is that way, or ways?

Also, how do you even define the 'evil' word, exactly?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:46 am

Just talk to people like you're doing now. You're on track when you're like this.
1. I ask you what did I actually say, which supposedly made you do something, so that to make sure I never say 'that' again, but instead you you do not tell me 'that', and allude to something, which I am supposedly doing 'now' but also which I have no clue of what it is, exactly.

2. What am I supposedly now on track to, exactly?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am Talking to people instead of about them is important when conversing.
Considering just how much conversation ends up being about me, what you say here could be some very good advice.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am I mean, how would you like it if I responded to your post above with, "back in the days when it was written, these people thought..." and then I paraphrased something you said?
1. I could not care less either way.

2. I would ask you some clarifying questions, and/or challenge you somewhat.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am
You're not even addressing anyone specific as far as we know at this point.
Okay, and what can be clearly seen here, once again, is instead of just asking any clarifying questions, these people, back then, instead would just carry on with 'not knowing', and with just presuming some things.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am It's like walking down the street talking to an imaginary friend about all the people you pass by.
Why is it like 'this' to you?

Considering that all you are really seeing here are just words on a screen, why do you imagine/envision 'that scenario'?

Also, as a writer I have chosen my specific audience. Which may, or may not, align with your chosen audience.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am "See, I wouldn't dress in a stupid outfit like the guy next to me" and it's just you and the guy next to you. How is the guy supposed to respond to that?
I do not know.

Also, what has not choosing to wear cloth of the same make/ilk on a body got to do with just not wanting to re-repeat what I see as Falsehoods, Wrong, Inaccurate, or Incorrect claims or wording?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am You're talking about him instead of to him.
Have you noticed how often posters here end up talk about me, instead of conversing with me?

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:01 am

I am able to see the question you asked. I can also see what looks like a cheap shot at a guy who messed up when he was young and is now living life dealing with the consequences.

When you say 'young', how old/young do you think or know "promethean75" was at the time?

And, how old/young is "promethean75" 'now', when it keeps blaming the children for what it did, and got caught for?

Also, absolutely no so-called 'cheap shot' was ever made.

I was just pointing out, in my way, the apparent contradiction and/or hypocrisy of claiming that others have no clue as to what they do, when the same one continues to blame children for what it, as an adult, actually did.

I have absolutely no qualms at all about what "promethean75" did, back then. It is what it is continuing to keep doing 'now' that I take issue with. See, to me, "promethean75" still seems to consider that what it did, back then, was not wrong, or not that wrong, and still blames children for what it did and got caught for.

To me, children cannot be blamed for absolutely any thing at all. So, to do so to me is bad enough, but to blame children for what one, as an adult, does and/or gets caught for is even worse still.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am However, looking at it again, I think perhaps you and commonsense had a good point. Soldiers are not responsible for what they do while fighting for their life when they're thrown into battle and that is something I have stated many times as well.
I do not recall stating this, nor even thinking this.

See, to me, all adults are responsible, or are meant to be responsible, for what they do.

I think you have, once again, missed my actual point here "gary childress". But do not feel to alone, as far more of my actual points seem to get missed or misunderstood than not here, well by some of the responses anyway.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:56 am Those who bear responsibility are the ones who create the battlefield before it is even fought on, the paper signers and declarers of war.
Which is always you adult human beings.
Last edited by Age on Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:05 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:25 am Killing another person unjustly OTOH, that I would call "evil".
Probably not, at least not that I can think of that would not involve the consent of the one whose life is being ended.
Evil is the ultimate thing we should not do. For me, it's intentionally killing other people against their will. The reason I deem it evil is that it would be the ultimate evil someone could commit against me. It's the ultimate act of which I am unable to approve of if I had given no consent. People can steal from me and it's very annoying, but murder is a whole different ball game. It's the ultimate wrong that you can do someone against their will as far as I'm aware.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:32 am
Age wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:05 am
Probably not, at least not that I can think of that would not involve the consent of the one whose life is being ended.
Evil is the ultimate thing we should not do.
Okay.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:32 am For me, it's intentionally killing other people against their will. The reason I deem it evil is that it would be the ultimate evil someone could commit against me. It's the ultimate act of which I am unable to approve of if I had given no consent. People can steal from me and it's very annoying, but murder is a whole different ball game. It's the ultimate wrong that you can do someone against their will as far as I'm aware.
So, to you, 'evil' is only the most ultimate wrong, like killing another against their will, correct?