Sex and gender

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

nemos

Re: Sex and gender

Post by nemos »

Trajk Logik wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:42 pm ... Where is the transgender woman in the picture above? ...
I don't really understand why it is so important for you to find him? If your primary goal is to target a woman, then your concern about making a mistake with your choice might be understandable. However, if you see the person first, you will find out other details later in the process if there is mutual interest. A person is a person first (or at least should be), regardless of gender or orientation.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Trajk Logik wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:00 pm Can you distinguish between women and trans-women in this picture?
So...your "logic" is that if any men can fool people, then they aren't men anymore? :shock:
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:07 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:51 am "Gender refers to things like verbs." Okay so... what does that mean?
Well, you know about this if you speak a second language, something other than English. In French, or in Spanish, grammatical elements are marked as "masculine" or "feminine." In French, for example, many plants are assigned a feminine article, "la," and metric weights are masculine, "le." This has nothing in partcular to do with human sexuality. And that's "gender," and that's legit.
I don't see how that clarifies at all what you mean by "Gender refers to things like verbs." None of the things you just talked about were verbs at all
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:06 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:51 am "Gender refers to things like verbs." Okay so... what does that mean?
Well, you know about this if you speak a second language, something other than English. In French, or in Spanish, grammatical elements are marked as "masculine" or "feminine." In French, for example, many plants are assigned a feminine article, "la," and metric weights are masculine, "le." This has nothing in partcular to do with human sexuality. And that's "gender," and that's legit.
I don't see how that clarifies at all what you mean by "Gender refers to things like verbs." None of the things you just talked about were verbs at all
"Things like"? That expression astonishes you? Tamil, Russian in the past tense, and various other languages inflect verbs for gender.

Or are you just hoping to obfuscate the whole point that "gender" isn't a term that has any application to human beings?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:09 pm
"Things like"? That expression astonishes you? Tamil, Russian in the past tense, and various other languages inflect verbs for gender.

Or are you just hoping to obfuscate the whole point that "gender" isn't a term that has any application to human beings?
I'm not trying to obfuscate anything, I'm trying to prompt you to de-obfuscate what you said.

"Gender refers to things like verbs."

Does "things like verbs" mean parts of speech in general? Gender refers to parts of speech? Verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

It doesn't matter what your scribbles look like.

Postmodernists and Neo-Marxists want to Lie to the masses to pretend men are women, women are men, and they will use whatever physical and lawfare Force if necessary.

They want all children of the West to be baptized in their Lies, to Lie from birth, for your mother to teach you Lies, to every public & private school, to be paid for their Lies with your tax money.

But no matter how many Lies you are fed, all Humans know the difference, between Man and Woman, Male and Female. You cannot Lie deep enough to forget the Truth.
nemos

Post by nemos »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:12 pm But no matter how many Lies you are fed, all Humans know the difference, between Man and Woman, Male and Female. You cannot Lie deep enough to forget the Truth.
I see that your gender is very important to you. But what about humanity, does it seem important to you?
What would happen if you woke up in the morning and found that you had changed gender, would you hardly be able to survive it? :?

Which of your identities do you think is important enough to sacrifice others for ?
For some time now, this question seems quite important to me. The answer could to separate people into mutually antagonistic groups.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:35 am

I'm not trying to obfuscate anything, I'm trying to prompt you to de-obfuscate what you said.

Does "things like verbs" mean parts of speech in general? Gender refers to parts of speech? Verbs, nouns, adjectives, adverbs?
Yes, "gender," is just a grammatical term. Objects of affection and nurturing are usually associated with the feminine, because the mother nurtures the child in her protective embrace, and the inner child too. Ocean-ships are referenced as "her" for that reason, and sailors didn't want a woman on board* to make the ship jealous and vengeful, like a woman. B.B. King named his guitar Lucille because he played with the passion of love making.

* Back in the olden days of wooden ships, and maybe there's a few hangers-on.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:45 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:35 am

Yes, "gender," is just a grammatical term.
And you think that's what IC meant when he said that? He only meant that gender is a grammatical term?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:35 am Does "things like verbs" mean parts of speech in general?
Of course. Are you being deliberately obtuse?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:58 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:35 am Does "things like verbs" mean parts of speech in general?
No, you phrased your thought in a really strange way and I've been trying to understand it. I've literally been asking you what you mean by "things like verbs" and you never said anything like "parts of speech" - how am I the one being obtuse when I'm literally making your thoughts more clear than you are?

Gender refers to parts of speech... I mean, even that's a weird sentence. What does it even mean? And how in the world can that be "the whole story" about gender?

Gender refers to verbs and other parts of speech.... ok, what other parts of speech does gender refer to? All parts of speech?
Last edited by Flannel Jesus on Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:24 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:58 pm
No, you phrased your thought in a really strange way and I've been trying to understand it. I've literally been asking you what you mean by "things like verbs" and you never said anything like "parts of speech" - how am I the one being obtuse when I'm literally making your thoughts more clear than you are?

Gender refers to parts of speech... I mean, even that's a weird sentence. What does it even mean? And how in the world can that be "the whole story" about gender?
Languages like French have masculine and feminine nouns. It's called the noun's 'gender'. People stole the term because they were too coy to say 'sex' (puritanical Americans of course). That's the entire story. 'Masculine' or 'feminine' in humans has nothing to do with 'sex'. It's simply a part that some people choose to play. Playing with dolls and pretending to be princesses has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a boy or a girl. I didn't, and no one ever suggested I was born in the 'wrong body'. It's preposterous and evil.
And being a misogynistic incel freak who wants to 'unravel the mysteries' of women doesn't make him miraculously turn into one, no matter how many bad wigs or prostitute skirts he squeezes himself into.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

nemos wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:10 pmI see that your gender is very important to you. But what about humanity, does it seem important to you?
What would happen if you woke up in the morning and found that you had changed gender, would you hardly be able to survive it? :?

Which of your identities do you think is important enough to sacrifice others for ?
For some time now, this question seems quite important to me. The answer could to separate people into mutually antagonistic groups.
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:33 amLanguages like French have masculine and feminine nouns. It's called the noun's 'gender'. People stole the term because they were too coy to say 'sex' (puritanical Americans of course). That's the entire story. 'Masculine' or 'feminine' in humans has nothing to do with 'sex'. It's simply a part that some people choose to play. Playing with dolls and pretending to be princesses has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a boy or a girl. I didn't, and no one ever suggested I was born in the 'wrong body'. It's preposterous and evil.
And being a misogynistic incel freak who wants to 'unravel the mysteries' of women doesn't make him miraculously turn into one, no matter how many bad wigs or prostitute skirts he squeezes himself into.
I'm with vege on this one, nemos. No matter how many bad wigs or prostitute skirts I squeeze myself into, I'm still a man.

How do you propose I "wake up differently", whatever that means??
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

chasw wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:10 pm The English language is flexible. Due to its diverse origins, it easily changes with the times. The King's English is nothing more than a slightly out of date, but carefully pronounced version of the everyday speech of residents of London, Chicago and Brisbane. Accordingly, society's current hullaballoo and confusion about respecting a person's gender can, and I hope will, be solved with a simple linguistic convention.

I envision a trend in society to divide the total field of sex and gender-related referent terms into two distinct utterance categories: Sex and gender. Sex should refer to the biological place of an individual within H. sapiens' reproductive process. The total population can easily be divided into categories of female, male and intersex. Gender should refer to the personal sexual identity a person has chosen to pursue, spanning every possible gender name under the sun from straight man to straight women and beyond. Endless variety.

Thus, every person is free to acknowledge their biological sex, while also unabashedly adopting their choice of the many possible genders, or no gender at all for that matter. All humans should think of themselves as having both a sex name, commonly female and male, plus a gender name, commonly woman and man. Once this new convention is in wide use among English speakers, it can easily spread to other languages. We are condemned to freedom, we cannot avoid choosing a sexual identity of some kind, and being able to describe it to others, which is where language comes in. I'm tolerant of anyone's gender identity and I'm proposing a more logical way we can describe each other and avoid linguistic confusion. Thanks
I'm pretty sure this is already understood by reaonable people the world over.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:41 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:08 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:35 pm It's easier than that. "Sex" is an adjective describing people and animals. "Gender" is grammatical term, referring to things like verbs. And that's the whole story. The rest is bunk.
Exactly. It was only used as an alternative to 'sex' because some people were too prudish to use the word 'sex', hence things like 'gender reveal' parties (US, of course). Does anyone really believe that they were to determine the 'self identity' of the baby? Insanity.
Right.

Can you picture these gender-ideologues trying to run a farm? "Gee, I have ten cows and no calves...I don't understand...two of my cows identify as bulls..." :?
You have already failed to undertand the simple concept in the opening post.
It's almost like you can't read.