"And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse."

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: "And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse."

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:05 am
Janoah wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:19 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:11 am

God is
Gary, God is the One objective law of the universe.
If he is, then, considering all the disagreements among people, he hasn't made the "One objective law of the universe" very clear to everyone.
..and certainly there has God to be a VERY good reason for leaving us with DOUBT opposing FAITH.
Janoah

Re: "And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse."

Post by Janoah »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:53 am
Gary..
God talking to his "chosen" people?
You elided most of what he said...

God, literally, of course, does not “talk”; this follows from the idea of God as natural law, the law is immaterial, and nothing material is inherent in the law.
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:42 pm how absurd is the foundation of Christian and Jewish belief.
Alexis Jacobi, please tell us what you believe in, what is your positive worldview?
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:11 pm
Janoah wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:54 pm "And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."
(Genesis 12:3)

Do you think that this Biblical prediction is being fulfilled?
And if so, how can this be explained from a philosophical point of view?
Why would a Biblical prediction be fulfilled if there is no such thing as a "miracle"?
Belief in the violation of the One Law of the World is false, and offering dividends for believing in a lie is like an intellectual bribe, which is not good enough for this.

In my opinion, history is a story of confrontation between worldviews; the more adequate worldview wins.
For example, the positive thing about Marxism was the rejection of belief in “miracles,” so I think there was a rise in countries that adopted this.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:31 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:42 pm how absurd is the foundation of Christian and Jewish belief.
Alexis Jacobi, please tell us what you believe in, what is your positive worldview?
Excellent question, appreciated. Let me get back to you on that a bit later.
nemos

Post by nemos »

About the laws of the universe:

No one has ever considered that the world is so ordered that life can only be sustained by eating life. Generally speaking, it is only possible to live by eating others like oneself. Does this not remind you of hell, but of ethical and moral decorations just to make the punishment even more painful?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

nemos wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:27 pm About the laws of the universe:

No one has ever considered that the world is so ordered that life can only be sustained by eating life. Generally speaking, it is only possible to live by eating others like oneself. Does this not remind you of hell, but of ethical and moral decorations just to make the punishment even more painful?
The world was made by vampires, for vampires. That's the message I'm getting.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

nemos wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 4:27 pm About the laws of the universe:

Or...

The Universe... the 'all'... the 'one'...eats itself. Sprouting forth food that is of itself. Not terrible. Self-sustaining. 8) Only human beings imagine it to be terrible because they imagine themselves to be separate. Maybe that's why they need gods -- to protect them from their own illusion of separation.
nemos

Post by nemos »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:12 pm ... Only human beings imagine it to be terrible because they imagine themselves to be separate. Maybe that's why they need gods -- to protect them from their own illusion of separation.
Well, people's desire to put themselves in a special position creates a lot of problems for people themselves. I am a pagan because I consider myself as an organic part of nature.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

nemos wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:48 pm I consider myself as an organic part of nature.
I consider myself as that too.

I do not understand a lot of the behaviors and thinking of other organic beings who seem intent on disassociating themselves with the equally organic and diverse nature of everything on Earth.

Yes, some people make divisions, then condemn any they perceive as being within those divisions, as if anything else were divinely directing them to do so! It's really insane.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I wanted to start by writing something for you -- the beginning of an answer to what I think you are asking. But I instead wrote to Immanuel Can. But I was also conscious of attempting to respond to you.

What you are asking about is *alternative* to the dominant belief-system -- in our case that defined through Judaism and Christianity.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:29 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:53 am
Gary..
You elided most of what he said...

God, literally, of course, does not “talk”; this follows from the idea of God as natural law, the law is immaterial, and nothing material is inherent in the law.
Perhaps you could include a little warning on all your posts that you won't really be responding to people, just using their posts to say whatever their posts reminded you of...or the like.
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:52 pm
I wanted to start by writing something for you -- the beginning of an answer to what I think you are asking. But I instead wrote to Immanuel Can. But I was also conscious of attempting to respond to you.
While I see there criticism of other worldviews, I still don’t see an answer about your moral compass and your philosophical worldview,
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:40 pm If you wish to know where, or how, I orient myself, or how I solve these problems and challenges -- well that is a separate question.
I'd still be interested in knowing that.

Post by Age »

Janoah wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:54 pm "And I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you I will curse. And in you all the families of the earth will be blessed."

Yes.
Janoah wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:54 pm And if so, how can this be explained from a philosophical point of view?
When one finally learns, and consciously knows, what is Right and Wrong in Life, then 'that one' can either choose to do what is Right, or what is Wrong, in Life. Once people are doing ONLY what is Right in Life, then they are teaching what is Right in Life, and ONLY THEN can ALL the families of the earth start doing and living 'the way', which was ALWAYS going to come about anyway.

Until THEN you all living in what could be described as a 'cursed' like way, until 'the revelation' is REVEALED.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:11 am

And if so, how can this be explained from a philosophical point of view?
Do 'you', or ANY of 'you', KNOW what the words 'chosen people' is even REFERRING TO, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:11 am God is like your bodyguard or something--your weapon of mass destruction before modern technology came up with extremely powerful ones. Maybe God wants the Palestinians killed, women and children too, like the Amalekites. Kill or be killed. What a "divine" world your creator Yhwh made.

No thanks. Let's not run around killing people. Maybe abstinence from killing will catch on and others will follow a similar sentiment.
WHY are 'you' SO CONCERNED 'now' about just some people in "palestine" "garry childress"?

'Before', 'you' were SO CONCERNED about some people in "ukraine", which, as far as I am aware, 'you' have NOT mentioned for a while 'now'.

Also, WHY do 'you' NOT seem SO CONCERNED about the KILLINGS men, women, and children in the ACTUAL country/place that 'you' are residing in 'now'?

A quick search might show that there are MORE KILLINGS by the USE of WEAPONS in 'that country', in a year, then there are in ANY other country/place.