Non-duality is the heart of the Christian message.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

nemos

Re: Non-duality is the heart of the Christian message.

Post by nemos »

I'll be honest, I don't understand the term non-duality, actually duality is not completely clear either.
But, it can be argued that both god and soul exist.
Because a lot of people have files with such names open in their minds, and they are filled with inner feelings, experiences, and content of reflections, creating corresponding concepts.
That means they are based on feelings and therefore to say there is no god or soul is unscientific, I would say. The only thing is an open dialogue about the nature of these concepts, about the part that is distorted by interpretations.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

nemos wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 am I'll be honest, I don't understand the term non-duality, actually duality is not completely clear either.

Brief Synopsis > Non/duality is the invisible visible here now. Nowhere.
So there's not really a lot to understand. But we can make-up just about any story in the mind until we think we've understood. You know, the sort of thing that Christianity talks about when they refer to there being an invisible Father who is the creator of all physically born humanly formed children. You know, that kind of stuff.

nemos wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 amBut, it can be argued that both god and soul exist.
Only as words/concepts in the mind. Known, but never actually seen as a physical object. Yes, there is the belief in invisible things existing. Strange, but true that our creator is invisible yet the creation isn't...try wrapping you're mind around that concept.

nemos wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 amBecause a lot of people have files with such names open in their minds, and they are filled with inner feelings, experiences, and content of reflections, creating corresponding concepts.
Experiences of the invisible appearing to a physical body. A body which has manifested as the mirror image of the invisible imageless. Quite a neat trick if you ask me.
nemos wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 amThat means they are based on feelings and therefore to say there is no god or soul is unscientific, I would say. The only thing is an open dialogue about the nature of these concepts, about the part that is distorted by interpretations.
Based purely on the invisible, it's hard to get a handle on what's the true interpretation of what's actually real and not real.
An open dialog, is nothing more than sound heard as words. In reality, humans are just simply making noises with their faces, faces they themselves can't even see...except to look in a mirror, but there is nothing in the mirror to reflect back either, so seems like there is no one anywhere in reality wearing a FACE

Reality, is just absolutely and utterly faceless/ impersonal/ anonymous.

And yet this mystery does appear to sign it's name everywhere it goes. Even if it is in vain, and like brushing watercolour paint upon a flowing river.
Walker

Post by Walker »

nemos wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 am I'll be honest, I don't understand the term non-duality, actually duality is not completely clear either.
DAM is just doing her personal circle jerk of one. For the subject of Christianity, you would do better to understand the aforementioned "salvation."

Christianity and Non-duality ... two wrong (understandings) don't make a right.