Quotes by the Enlightened Philosopher.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Quotes by the Enlightened Philosopher.

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:18 pm Enligthtened philosopher is an oxymoron.
Enlightenment will never give you any philosophy.
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Deserves got nothing to do with it."
- Clint, Unforgiven.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

"Calling somebody else fat won't make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn't make you any smarter. And ruining Regina George's life definitely didn't make me any happier. All you can do in life is try to solve the problem in front of you."
Mean Girls (2004)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

- "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"
- "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
Donnie Darko (2001)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:18 pm
And most people who we're told are enlightened just got real skilled a judging and denying their emotions and desires.
No one told you you are enlightened. You cannot tell yourself you are enlightened. No more than you can tell yourself you are dead.
Who or what is enlightened but enlightenment alone, all one, everything and nothing. Emotions and desires are reactionary of the one and only beloved, this unknowing unborn aliveness.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

The dream of separation.
The illusion of other.

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:01 am No one told you you are enlightened.
I know. I haven't claimed they have. I've experienced my life. No one has said this to me. And I'm not yearning for someone to, nor do I say it to myself.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:01 am Image
The Bhagavad Gita is a questionable authority...
In the Bhagavad Gita, promises of attaining better next life if people would devote themselves to their caste duties (and punishment if they don’t) encourage so-called lower castes to endure suffering at the hands of oppressors. Verse 6:41 and 6:45 of the Bhagavad Gita states that a person will continue to suffer until he is reborn to a higher caste and only way to be reborn into a higher caste is to accept one’s caste responsibilities and accept suffering in the current life.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:06 am
I know. I haven't claimed they have. I've experienced my life. No one has said this to me. And I'm not yearning for someone to, nor do I say it to myself.
It is assumed that's all, as you have assumed. Assuming is the dream of separation.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:08 am
Yes, everything known or written about is the dream. Nothing ever happens in a dream, except as appearance.

The NON-DUAL nature of reality is Absolute. There is only the Absolute. Both relative and the absolute are the same existing aliveness. The paradox is that THIS, this appearance, isn't what it appears to be. It is and it isn't. It's no-thing being something. It's emptiness appearing as everything. It's unified appearing as divided or separated.

This message is still a philosophy, the philosophy of no philosophy.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:40 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:08 am
Yes, everything known or written about is the dream. Nothing ever happens in a dream, except as appearance.

The NON-DUAL nature of reality is Absolute. There is only the Absolute. Both relative and the absolute are the same existing aliveness. The paradox is that THIS, this appearance, isn't what it appears to be. It is and it isn't. It's no-thing being something. It's emptiness appearing as everything. It's unified appearing as divided or separated.

This message is still a philosophy, the philosophy of no philosophy.
Well, you're good at expressing this stuff. Perhaps not using middlemen with questionable beliefs would be better.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:37 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:06 am
It is assumed that's all, as you have assumed. Assuming is the dream of separation.
It's assumed that I am enlightened? It's assumed that someone told me I'm englightened? I didn't know this.
Who assumed what?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:01 pm Well, you're good at expressing this stuff. Perhaps not using middlemen with questionable beliefs would be better.
The middleman doesn't exist, therefore no need to include one. Within the dream, the middleman is already all inclusive within the dream.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:04 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:01 pm Well, you're good at expressing this stuff. Perhaps not using middlemen with questionable beliefs would be better.
The middleman doesn't exist, therefore no need to include one.
Great, then you don't need to continue supplying quotes by people that don't exist.

Wayne Dyer doesn't exist.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:02 pm It's assumed that I am enlightened? It's assumed that someone told me I'm englightened? I didn't know this.
Who assumed what?
You assumed it here;
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:02 pmAnd most people who we're told are enlightened
No one assumes this, except in this conceptual dream.

Take away the assumption and all that's left is enlightenment.