Sugar and cancer

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Sugar and cancer

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:11 pm He may not have known u were a she tho.

Age did u know she was a she?
He shouts at me just as much as anyone else. As there is 'no such thing as gender' then your question is irrelevant...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:23 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:55 am Wait a minute why is there no CAPS LOCKING in your post, age?
Because there was NOTHING specific that I wanted to emphasize in 'that' post.
What you are still failing to realise is that by continuously using uppercase in your posts, it detracts from 'readablility' - rather than empahsizing anything, it makes for VERY uncomfortable reading, rendering your posts borderline incomprehensible.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:39 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:55 am Wait a minute why is there no CAPS LOCKING in your post, age?
What you are still failing to realise is that by continuously using uppercase in your posts, it detracts from 'readablility' - rather than empahsizing anything, it makes for VERY uncomfortable reading, rendering your posts borderline incomprehensible.
I don't know. I think it lends him a certain 'quirkiness'. Makes him a bit different. I use caps for emphasis, it's just that he emphasises seemingly random words for no reason that's apparent to anyone else.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 pm

I don't know. I think it lends him a certain 'quirkiness'. Makes him a bit different. I use caps for emphasis, it's just that he emphasises seemingly random words for no reason that's apparent to anyone else.
Yes, and it's that randomness that detracts from a readers ability to easily read what he is trying to convey. We all use uppercase occasionally as I did above with VERY...but the way he does it, I just can't be bothered reading, it all looks like a garbled mess.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:00 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:46 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:17 am

I don't, and it was surprisingly easy to give up, probably a lot easier than giving up salt would be. And none of those yuk artifical sweeteners either. You need some salt anyway. No one needs sugar.
Yes, I gave up sugar in my tea when I was about six. I rarely drink coffee but do need sugar in it when I do. And I love chocolate which I also require to be sweet.

I've always loved honey though, usually for breakfast on toast or muffins, but I don't always eat breakfast.
So you have a lot of sugar then :lol:
Maybe, but it hasn't caused me to get fat, the moment it does I suppose I'll have to cut down.

vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 7:00 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:46 am

Yes, I gave up sugar in my tea when I was about six. I rarely drink coffee but do need sugar in it when I do. And I love chocolate which I also require to be sweet.

I've always loved honey though, usually for breakfast on toast or muffins, but I don't always eat breakfast.
So you have a lot of sugar then :lol:
, but it hasn't caused me to get fat,

Are you sure about that? People can also be internally fat and look reasonably thin externally. Are you in that category? Besides, I was only sharing a useful tool. You can be as fat and unhealthy as you like. No one is trying to stop you.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:00 pm "Although you have been KNOWN to RUN AWAY"

that's my Mars in Sagittarius bro. it's all so tedious and bothersome to stick around and beat someone in a debate. Very taxing on my freedom so I'm always like kay bye!
LOL
LOL
LOL

So, this one comes to this forum, goes on and on about what appears to be 'heroes' to 'it', RUNS AWAY when SHOWN to be Wrong and CONFUSED in 'its' psychological ANALYZES/ASSUMPTIONS, but then, LOL, CLAIMS 'it' can NOT be 'beat', in psychology, and when CHALLENGED also RUNS AWAY while CLAIMING it so 'tedious' and 'taxing on 'its' freedom' to stay around and 'BEAT' someone in a 'debate', here in a philosophy forum of all places.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:55 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:55 am Hey Belinda and Veg and DAM and Lacewing; does Age SHOUT at u guys in his replies to u?
Yes, he has used a lot of CAPS to me too -- although I've not looked lately. The purpose of the CAPS appears to be for emphasis as if they might clarify or validate his distortions of what other people are saying. But no amount of text emphasis can conceal his projections.
LOL

AGAIN, this one CLAIMS there ARE 'distortions' but NEVER ACTUALLY PROVIDES ANY EXAMPLES AT ALL, NOR ANY PROOF AT ALL for these CLAIMS.

AND, this APPLIES with the PROJECTION CLAIMS AS WELL. ABSOLUTELY NO EXAMPLES to LOOK AT and DISCUSS, and ABSOLUTELY NO PROOF EITHER.

JUST continual UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS.

AT LEAST this one KNOWS that my capitalized words are for the very specific reason of emphasis, for a targeted audience.

Post by Age »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:11 pm He may not have known u were a she tho.

Age did u know she was a she?
What 'you' call a "she" 'I' call a 'human being'.

The sexual organs OF the 'human being' have NO bearing whatsoever in the way I talk with 'you', 'human beings'.

ALSO, do you REALLY think this ATTEMPT of DEFLECTION here is going to WORK in relation to the Fact that 'you' keep RUNNING AWAY and HIDING in other threads, "promethean75"?

Post by Age »

What you are still failing to realise is that by continuously using uppercase in your posts, it detracts from 'readablility'
What do you MEAN by I am 'still failing to realize that by continuously using uppercase in my posts, detracts from 'readability'?

It is CLEARLY OBVIOUS that, to SOME of 'you', writing SOME words in capital letters makes it HARD for those like 'you', "attofishpi" TO READ.

I REALIZED this a long while ago now.

'you' may STILL NOT YET REALIZE that I am NOT necessarily writing FOR 'you', posters, here. That is; the ACTUAL 'message' that I am SENDING by writing THIS WAY is NOT necessarily TARGET AT, nor FOR, 'you', posters, here.

Were 'you' STILL FAILING to REALIZE 'this' "atofishpi"?

If yes, then I thought I had EXPLAINED this ENOUGH TIMES, ALREADY.

Hopefully I have NOW.

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 10:39 pm - rather than empahsizing anything, it makes for VERY uncomfortable reading, rendering your posts borderline incomprehensible.
OKAY, and FAIR ENOUGH.

SOME people REALLY are TOO EASILY and TOO SIMPLY ABLE TO BE DISTRACTED to be ABLE to GRASP and OBTAIN information and meaning FROM "others". As PROVEN IRREFUTABLY True here by "attofishpi". So, THANKS TO "attofishpi" here 'we' can MOVE ON TO LOOKING INTO HOW and WHY it is SO VERY IMPORTANT to have ABSOLUTE PATIENCE when INSTRUCTING and GUIDING "others" IN what IS Right and Wrong in Life.

Post by Age »

Yes I do emphasize SEEMINGLY random words for NO reason AT ALL, that is; apparent to ANY one of the 'posters' here, SO FAR.

But, AGAIN, my targeted audience is NOT necessarily ANY 'poster' here. Although NONE of 'you' are EXCLUDED. In fact ALL of 'you' can be INCLUDED.

Oh, and by the way, I did not know that that was a movie. I was going to ask you, do you recall the name of that movie?

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:18 am

Yes, and it's that randomness that detracts from a readers ability to easily read what he is trying to convey. We all use uppercase occasionally as I did above with VERY...but the way he does it, I just can't be bothered reading, it all looks like a garbled mess.
If I recall correctly, I have replied to 'you' without capitalization to see if that helped 'you', and 'ungarble' 'the mess' as 'you' call my writings.
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:25 am

Yes I do emphasize SEEMINGLY random words for NO reason AT ALL, that is; apparent to ANY one of the 'posters' here, SO FAR.

But, AGAIN, my targeted audience is NOT necessarily ANY 'poster' here. Although NONE of 'you' are EXCLUDED. In fact ALL of 'you' can be INCLUDED.

Oh, and by the way, I did not know that that was a movie. I was going to ask you, do you recall the name of that movie?
I meant TV series. The Newsroom.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 pm I don't know. I think it lends him a certain 'quirkiness'. Makes him a bit different. I use caps for emphasis, it's just that he emphasises seemingly random words for no reason that's apparent to anyone else.
I agree with both comments.

Such visual noise is uncompelling. It simply reflects the noise in Age's mind, and few people are inclined to 'go there' very often. :)

As for lending a certain 'quirkiness'... yes, it does make him 'stand out' in that way.

Also, the content is so predictably childish in the way it attempts to turn every word that people say back on them. It's impossible to respond to such a volume of noise and nonsense flowing from his mind. This is why people put him on 'ignore' -- it's not because they're avoiding his 'great truths'. :lol:

He doesn't seem to realize that people don't care about EVERY little NIT he SEES/thinks... or what he thinks he 'knows'. He misses or misunderstands the concepts that are being communicated... because of his nitpickery (full of distortions), and nobody gives a fuck to continually untangle all of that.
vegetariantaxidermy

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:31 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:02 pm I don't know. I think it lends him a certain 'quirkiness'. Makes him a bit different. I use caps for emphasis, it's just that he emphasises seemingly random words for no reason that's apparent to anyone else.
I agree with both comments.

Such visual noise is uncompelling. It simply reflects the noise in Age's mind, and few people are inclined to 'go there' very often. :)

As for lending a certain 'quirkiness'... yes, it does make him 'stand out' in that way.

Also, the content is so predictably childish in the way it attempts to turn every word that people say back on them. It's impossible to respond to such a volume of noise and nonsense flowing from his mind. This is why people put him on 'ignore' -- it's not because they're avoiding his 'great truths'. :lol:

He doesn't seem to realize that people don't care about EVERY little NIT he SEES/thinks... or what he thinks he 'knows'. He misses or misunderstands the concepts that are being communicated... because of his nitpickery (full of distortions), and nobody gives a fuck to continually untangle all of that.
Indeed. I feel the same way when people wave their hands around to 'emphasise their point'. They even teach and encourage this in public speaking classes! All I see when someone does this is 'I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about so I will just wave my hands around to make it look as if I do and string a lot of buzzwords and word salads together and no one will notice'. This behaviour is particularly rampant in the wokie community. It's the modern day version of 'The emperor's new clothes'.
To give him credit though, Age does sometimes have little nuggets of wisdom tucked in among all the flotsam and jetsam of CAPS. Seeing them is a skilled job :D That's in contrast to the wokie hand-wavers, who never have any kind of wisdom to offer.