Screw Religion

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Screw Religion

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:45 am A story is less intimidating than no story.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:43 pmWell, that's a story. It is and religion is. Now we have two stories.
Q: "what's grey has a bushy tail and eats nuts " ?

A: "Well I suppose it's Oneness.......... but it sounds like a squirrel to me"
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:05 am God/religion is the ultimate pleasure your mind has created.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pmHuh. Not my mind.
''My mind'' is the ultimate pleasure your mind has created.

Your thinking mechanism which demands permanence is a dead thing. It cannot touch anything living. No conceptually conceived 'thing' lives.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pm Said a mind, and using extreme abstraction.
Only the mind is born, Not You.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:43 pm It is and religion is.
This is real, and this is not.
This is true and this is not.
It's all true
and it is not.

Is a dream real?
It is a real dream.
Is a shadow real?
It is a real shadow.

Does a good glass of wine taste different
when it is called real or an illusion?

Perhaps, but different then what?
What would be the reference point
in a single flux
from no-where to now-here?

These words appear to something
for which I have no words.
Or perhaps 'I' is the word
that points to that something?

It is clear, lucid, present
and playfully eludes the net of concepts
yet it never moves.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:02 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:45 am A story is less intimidating than no story.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:43 pmWell, that's a story. It is and religion is. Now we have two stories.
Q: "what's grey has a bushy tail and eats nuts " ?

A: "Well I suppose it's Oneness.......... but it sounds like a squirrel to me"
Yeah, it's a squirrel. I raised one once when a baby squirrel fell out of the ceiling and the mother never came for it. We called it Jerome. Finally we let him go. 6 months later I saw a mouse and in case it was him I moved toward him slowly with my hand. He ran up and sat in my hand. I hoped he did well with other squirrels, having been raised by humans, who knows what I taught him about socializing.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:06 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:05 am God/religion is the ultimate pleasure your mind has created.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pmHuh. Not my mind.
''My mind'' is the ultimate pleasure your mind has created.

Your thinking mechanism which demands permanence is a dead thing. It cannot touch anything living. No conceptually conceived 'thing' lives.
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:45 pm Said a mind, and using extreme abstraction.
Nah.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:18 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:43 pm It is and religion is.
This is real, and this is not.
This is true and this is not.
It's all true
and it is not.

Is a dream real?
It is a real dream.
Is a shadow real?
It is a real shadow.

Does a good glass of wine taste different
when it is called real or an illusion?

Perhaps, but different then what?
What would be the reference point
in a single flux
from no-where to now-here?

These words appear to something
for which I have no words.
Or perhaps 'I' is the word
that points to that something?

It is clear, lucid, present
and playfully eludes the net of concepts
yet it never moves.
I remember reading MItchell's translation of Rumi's poems and Zen bones, Zen flesh in the early 80s. Your words remind me, not quite nostalgically, of all that empty white light spirituality.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:15 pmNah.
Yah, only the mind is born, Not You.

'You' is a thought....that appears(birth) and disappears (death) within this birthless/deathless eternal now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwyuQbIb0Xs
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:06 am Only the mind is born, Not You.
Yah.

Just to clarify...
Look closely and you will see that the seer and the seen appear only when there is seeing. They are attributes of seeing. When you say "I am seeing this", "I am" and "this" come with the seeing, nor before. You cannot have an unseen "this" nor an unseeing "I am". Knowing is a reflection of your true nature along with being and loving. The knower and the known are added by the mind. It is in the nature of the mind to create a subject-object duality, where there is none.

I alone am, the One.

If this ONE is known, then this ONE known, can never be made unknown. It must always be known.

How can ONE know itself? it can't..it is the knowing that cannot be known.

Take it or leave it, but it's the only knowing (knowledge) there is.

You cannot know the knower, for you are the knower. The fact of knowing proves the knower. You need no other proof. The knower of the
known is not knowable. Just like the light is known in colours only, so is the knower known in knowledge.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:30 am
Yah, only the mind is born, Not You.

'You' is a thought....that appears(birth) and disappears (death) within this birthless/deathless eternal now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwyuQbIb0Xs
Nah. And I am aware of this viewpoint and have been for a long, long time. I think it is a partial understanding of reality. And often a pretty anti-life one.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:44 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:06 am Only the mind is born, Not You.
Yah.

Just to clarify...
Look closely and you will see that the seer and the seen appear only when there is seeing. They are attributes of seeing. When you say "I am seeing this", "I am" and "this" come with the seeing, nor before. You cannot have an unseen "this" nor an unseeing "I am". Knowing is a reflection of your true nature along with being and loving. The knower and the known are added by the mind. It is in the nature of the mind to create a subject-object duality, where there is none.

I alone am, the One.

If this ONE is known, then this ONE known, can never be made unknown. It must always be known.

How can ONE know itself? it can't..it is the knowing that cannot be known.

Take it or leave it, but it's the only knowing (knowledge) there is.

You cannot know the knower, for you are the knower. The fact of knowing proves the knower. You need no other proof. The knower of the
known is not knowable. Just like the light is known in colours only, so is the knower known in knowledge.
First, if you believe this, then why the rage at religion - re: Screw religion. There are no problems in this model so why are you pissed off?

Second, come on. I've heard all this before. Why hover around us, oh, One, who knows you are the oneness?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:01 amNah. And I am aware of this viewpoint and have been for a long, long time.
Every one knows this, because there is only one.

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:01 am I think it is a partial understanding of reality. And often a pretty anti-life one.
The only understanding of ones reality is that there is nothing to understand about it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:03 amFirst, if you believe this, then why the rage at religion - re: Screw religion. There are no problems in this model so why are you pissed off?
It's not rage to be in awe about being alive. No need to turn being alive into a religion.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:03 amSecond, come on. I've heard all this before. Why hover around us, oh, One, who knows you are the oneness?
Must be the second coming, to have heard all this before, I am the one eternal echo.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:11 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:01 amNah. And I am aware of this viewpoint and have been for a long, long time.
Every one knows this, because there is only one.

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:01 am I think it is a partial understanding of reality. And often a pretty anti-life one.
The only understanding of ones reality is that there is nothing to understand about it.
But you'll go on sharing understandings, I would guess. You'll go on telling us what to undertand and what are wrong understandings. I wonder why you do that? If you feel into emotions, what do you find? What's the motivation?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am It's not rage to be in awe about being alive. No need to turn being alive into a religion.
It's rage to say 'screw religion'.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:18 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:16 am It's not rage to be in awe about being alive. No need to turn being alive into a religion.
It's rage to say 'screw religion'.
Screw could mean many things...

There's no need to turn what is ultimately unknowable, this awe of being alive into some kind of religion which then claims to know what it cannot know. That's screwed up. Luckily though, you have the freedom to loosen the screw and toss it into the fire where it belongs.