Re: Only atheists deny miracles

Post by FlashDangerpants »

dattaswami wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:35 pm top professor of science
lol
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

dattaswami wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:35 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:10 pm Actually the ROman Catholic Church as an entire investigative department dedicated to the investigation and denial of miracles.

Atheists know that "miracles" is a self defeating term.

You think that materialization of matter alone is miracle, which should be done in presence of invited scientists.
no.
Please do not attribute ideas to me that I have not expressed.
That is a strawman agrument.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

dattaswami wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:34 pm
Agent Smith wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:57 am

First off, muchas gracias for your lengthy post which is apparently aimed at putting my life back on track - to be in some kinda relationship with the guy upstairs.

Secondly, miracles are morally ambiguous, but more importantly, they seem irrelevant and also insignificant to my idea of what a god is or should be.
Several people express several opinions regarding the concepts in the spiritual knowledge and unless you have Vedic proof, you shall not take it as standard. In the Veda, it is told that God plays with the help of His unimaginable power called Maayaa and such unimaginable events are called miracles (Vibhuuti).

The meaning of the word ‘Maayaa’ is wonder (maya-vaicitrye) due to failure of logic in such unimaginable and perceived event. Only God has such wonderful power as said in the Veda (māyinaṃ tu Maheśvaram). The unimaginable God or Parabrahman is indicated by such miracles, which are unimaginable events. The idea of miracles is to show that God is beyond worldly logic.
William Cowper wrote:God moves in a mysterious way.
It looks like it was a tough choice: no gold or fool's gold.
seeds

Post by seeds »

dattaswami wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 12:35 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:10 pm Actually the ROman Catholic Church as an entire investigative department dedicated to the investigation and denial of miracles.

Atheists know that "miracles" is a self defeating term.

You think that materialization of matter alone is miracle, which should be done in presence of invited scientists. In fact, Shri Satya Sai Baba did miracles in presence of several to scientists.
Seriously? Sai Baba?

Watch this YouTube video that shows him clearly cheating on several occasions:

https://youtu.be/oNVJyycAZYw

Good grief, if Sai Baba's "devotees" are so gullible as to fall for such lame parlor tricks, then David Blaine, or Criss Angel, or Dynamo could fool them into thinking that Brahma himself was walking among them.
_______
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

"Only the fully sane deny miracles!" The talking snake
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

seeds wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:40 am which should be done in presence of invited scientists. In fact, Shri Satya Sai Baba did miracles in presence of several to scientists.
Seriously? Sai Baba?

_______
[/quote]
You think that materialization of matter alone is miracle, which should be done in presence of invited scientists. In fact, Shri Satya Sai Baba did miracles in presence of several to scientists. In the presence of a top professor of science, He converted the statue of an animal in to real animal when the professor thought that Shri Baba was creating inert materials only by magic.

Don’t you give any standard to that scientist? God is giving various experiences to devotees in their lives by solving their impossible problems and don’t you think that these are miracles. Millions of devotees in millions of generations have experienced the miraculous powers of God in their lives in the case of variety of incidents in which the impossible incidents have become possible by His miraculous powers.

Certainly, magic exists in this world and false God-men exhibiting magic in the name of miracles shall be criticised. But, what about various impossible incidents, which were made possible as experienced in the lives of millions of devotees since the creation of this world? Do you say that such experiences are also magic? Do you think that all these devotees are uneducated and unwise without analysis?
seeds

Post by seeds »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:18 am
seeds wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:40 am which should be done in presence of invited scientists. In fact, Shri Satya Sai Baba did miracles in presence of several to scientists.
Seriously? Sai Baba?

_______
That's funny, I thought I was the one that said "...Seriously? Sai Baba?..." and you said the other bit.

dattaswami, you be the scientist and have the courage to watch the video where Baba's lame tricks are exposed...

_______
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

seeds wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:02 am
That's funny, I thought I was the one that said "...Seriously? Sai Baba?..." and you said the other bit.

dattaswami, you be the scientist and have the courage to watch the video where Baba's lame tricks are exposed...

_______
Atheist always try to tamper with videos to negate genuine miracles. What a pity this is !!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind, that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavors to establish.

David Hume.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:38 am
No testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind, that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavors to establish.

David Hume.
There are several miracles experienced by millions of people around that world you think that you only is right all those millions are wrong?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:54 am

David Hume.
There are several miracles experienced by millions of people around that world you think that you only is right all those millions are wrong?
Name One!
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:11 am

David Hume.
Name One!
Consciousness. That an arrangement of atoms in a particular order allows for the qualia sensation of YOU 100% unique in the entire universe..you scratch the back of your hand, YOU feel it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:07 pm

Name One!
Consciousness. That an arrangement of atoms in a particular order allows for the qualia sensation of YOU 100% unique in the entire universe..you scratch the back of your hand, YOU feel it.
OMG. That's the same as saying 'my existence is a miracle because there were ('x' many zillion) sperm but only 'one' resulted in 'me'.' Stop being such a self-absorbed wanker. Those sperm were going to make 'someone' no matter what. Just the fact that you happened to be that 'someone' hardly makes it a 'miracle'.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:19 pm

Name One!
OMG. That's the same as saying 'my existence is a miracle because there were ('x' many zillion sperm) but only one 'created' only me. Stop being such a self-absorbed wanker. Those sperm were going to make 'someone'. Just the fact that you happened to be that 'someone' hardly makes it a 'miracle'.
You're so short-sighted and are SERIOUSLY (as I have been) taking the miracle of your existence for granted..there is a word I need but doesn't come to mind.

Of ALL the "miracles" I have witnessed - a man morphing from a young brown skinned boy in three stages to an old white man, a truck disappearing into the aether, webs like cobwebs forming from the tips of my fingers whilst sat at my dining table contemplating God...loads and loads more..

NONE of those perplex me as much as the fact that I can sense stuff consiously. When you know that there is a 3rd party intelligence forming what we perceive as reality ALL the time, and that it manifest every component of what makes us conscious...you then real eyes that consciousness is unlikely to exist without that entity - it is a requirement for consciousness. I contemplate that God is the dark energy backbone to sub-atomic reality..the matter that we are able to perceive.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:29 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:19 pm

OMG. That's the same as saying 'my existence is a miracle because there were ('x' many zillion sperm) but only one 'created' only me. Stop being such a self-absorbed wanker. Those sperm were going to make 'someone'. Just the fact that you happened to be that 'someone' hardly makes it a 'miracle'.
You're so short-sighted and are SERIOUSLY (as I have been) taking the miracle of your existence for granted..there is a word I need but doesn't come to mind.

Of ALL the "miracles" I have witnessed - a man morphing from a young brown skinned boy in three stages to an old white man, a truck disappearing into the aether, webs like cobwebs forming from the tips of my fingers whilst sat at my dining table contemplating God...loads and loads more..

NONE of those perplex me as much as the fact that I can sense stuff consiously. When you know that there is a 3rd party intelligence forming what we perceive as reality ALL the time, and that it manifest every component of what makes us conscious...you then real eyes that consciousness is unlikely to exist without that entity - it is a requirement for consciousness. I contemplate that God is the dark energy backbone to sub-atomic reality..the matter that we are able to perceive.
Fuck off you drug addled freak who can't tell the difference between hallucinations and reality. Ok. Here's a 'miracle' for you. How the fuck can TWO socks go into a washing machine and only ONE come out??