Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: Someone, everyone, please take this seriously.

Post by henry quirk »

Roy,

I watched part 1.

Where's part 2?
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:38 pm
iambiguous wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:35 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:50 pm

It has to do with everything in the world in which we live and have our being, because it changes everything you have ever believed about what you think is in conflict here. These videos might just save your life. When the mind is silent, there is just Oneness, not ''me and the Spirit'', ''me and the body'', ''me and they'', but just Oneness. But you have to be willing to die to save your life. Language is a duality, it's a belief. Whereas the source of all language is Silence which is the truth.
From my frame of mind this is just another "general description intellectual contraption", the truth of which is predicated entirely on words defining and defending other words. In other words, connecting no dots between the words and the world we live in.

But, okay, cite some particular examples from your own life where everything was changed in regard to a moral/political/spiritual conflict you had with others. Given the argument from the part one video.
Everything changed for me personally....what changed...I died, that's what changed.
Oh, you died. No doubt about it then...that does change everything. 8)
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:38 pm what changed...I died, that's what changed.
Well you've been expecting it for long enough.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

henry quirk wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:41 pm Roy,

I watched part 1.

Where's part 2?
Right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5gV9Z4xrA8

And by all means, watch it. Then you can connect the dots between it and, say, the Diest God and bazookas. Or abortion?

Get back to us.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I watched part 1.

Where's part 2?
There's a link on the part 1

You have to click on the link.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:38 pm what changed...I died, that's what changed.
Well you've been expecting it for long enough.
Well that's what you get when you are pregnant with thought, you get what you were expecting.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:56 pm

I watched part 1.

Where's part 2?
There's a link on the part 1

You have to click on the link.
👍
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:42 pm
Yes, it does change everything, it changes everything to nothing, which is the same thing, because death and life are the same thing, they just differ in appearance that's all. 1 feels like everything and the other 1 feels like nothing and those two feelings are always felt right here as 1 thing feeling...and never 2.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:05 pm
Yes, it does change everything, it changes everything to nothing, which is the same thing, because death and life are the same thing, they just differ in appearance that's all. 1 feels like everything and the other 1 feels like nothing and those two feelings are always felt right here as 1 thing feeling...and never 2.
Quite the contrary, nothing ever really changes with "minds" of this sort.

They make claims like this all the time. Up in the didactic philosophical clouds where words are said to be true only by more words still.

Ignoring altogether this part:
But, okay, cite some particular examples from your own life --and death? -- where everything was changed in regard to a moral/political/spiritual conflict you had with others. Given the argument from the part one video.
It's precisely this arid, abstract "thinking" that continues to drive folks away from philosophy, in my view.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:12 pm

They make claims like this all the time. Up in the didactic philosophical clouds where words are said to be true only by more words still.

But, okay, cite some particular examples from your own life --and death? -- where everything was changed in regard to a moral/political/spiritual conflict you had with others. Given the argument from the part one video.
It's precisely this arid, abstract "thinking" that continues to drive folks away from philosophy, in my view.
All I can say in response is each to their own philosophy.

Philosophy is not for everyone. Some think it is of value, while others see straight through it for the delusion is it.

That's why there are philosophers, to make thought and sense of what-ever it is we think or imagine we are philosophising over.

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:09 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:48 pm I'm sorry, but watching the part one video, I was reminded of Alan Sokal. If you know what I mean.

What on earth "for all practical purposes" does that which is noted regarding nothing, something, anything or everything in the video have to do with the world we live and interact with others in?

In particular, relating to that which is of most importance to me: How ought one to live morally in a world teeming with both conflicting goods and a ceaseless profusion of contingency, chance and change?

Not a thing? Nothing?

Then never mind.
That's like saying you don't see the connection between gravity and the process of walking. Obviously language and the associated meanings of the words everyone uses is exactly what runs the world view and operation of society.

The theory/model presented shows very clearly how materialism is baked into the English language, and that it's a self-referential, convoluted mess that has no basis in our experienced reality. It then presents an adapted model that FIXES THE WHOLE MESS.

You simply don't want to understand. You are one of the cult followers and the deprogramming isn't getting in.
I do think he may have been quick to dismiss, but given that the video talks about how hard this is to take in, even if one is convinced in the logical mind, your immediate judgment of him means to me you haven't listened to the presenter yourself enough.

People don't give up their fundamental paradigms the first time they watch a 15 minute video. If you don't understand that, then however right you may be about ontology, you don't know much about people. Much better to refer to something in the video or make a case, then to immediately label someone.

I mean, unless your goal is to harden people into their positions or make them lose interest.
Last edited by Iwannaplato on Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Philosophy is not for everyone. Some think it is of value, while others see straight through it for the delusion is it.

That's why there are philosophers, to make thought and sense of what-ever it is we think or imagine we are philosophising over.
Okay, then back to this:

"In the end it is dishonesty that breeds the sterile intellectualism of contemporary speculation. A man who is not certain of his mental integrity shuns the vital problems of human existence; at any moment the great laboratory of life may explode his little lie and leave him naked and shivering in the face of truth. So he builds himself an ivory tower of esoteric tomes and professionally philosophical periodicals; he is comfortable only in their company...he wanders farther and farther away from his time and place, and from the problems that absorb his people and his century. The vast concerns that properly belong to philosophy do not concern him...He retreats into a little corner, and insulates himself from the world under layer and layer of technical terminology. He ceases to be a philosopher, and becomes an epistemologist."

Will Durant
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:38 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:22 pm

Okay, then back to this:

"In the end it is dishonesty that breeds the sterile intellectualism of contemporary speculation. A man who is not certain of his mental integrity shuns the vital problems of human existence; at any moment the great laboratory of life may explode his little lie and leave him naked and shivering in the face of truth. So he builds himself an ivory tower of esoteric tomes and professionally philosophical periodicals; he is comfortable only in their company...he wanders farther and farther away from his time and place, and from the problems that absorb his people and his century. The vast concerns that properly belong to philosophy do not concern him...He retreats into a little corner, and insulates himself from the world under layer and layer of technical terminology. He ceases to be a philosopher, and becomes an epistemologist."

Will Durant
Okay, lets get back to the story, yes, the demand for knowledge is always here held in memory, the recollection of history. For nothing is ever known to be happening until it's happened, and by that time it's already over and disappeared from the flow to pastures past.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Harbal wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:16 pm
roydop wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:09 pm
You simply don't want to understand. You are one of the cult followers and the deprogramming isn't getting in.
Actually, you are the one displaying the typical characteristics of a cult follower, if you don't mind my saying.
I don't mind, but you're wrong. You're wrong because I live a perfect life. I experience next to no suffering or anxiety, and spend most of my time in/as Absolute (not dependent upon circumstances) Happiness.

If you watch the videos and still don't get it, I can't really help you as it is in its most succinct and simplest form. The fact that one can't see what is being presented is exactly the proof that they are in a deep sate of delusion. But then again most all humans are in this deep state of delusion.
roydop

Post by roydop »

iambiguous wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:35 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:50 pm
iambiguous wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:48 pm I'm sorry, but watching the part one video, I was reminded of Alan Sokal. If you know what I mean.

What on earth "for all practical purposes" does that which is noted regarding nothing, something, anything or everything in the video have to do with the world we live and interact with others in?

In particular, relating to that which is of most importance to me: How ought one to live morally in a world teeming with both conflicting goods and a ceaseless profusion of contingency, chance and change?

Not a thing? Nothing?

Then never mind.
It has to do with everything in the world in which we live and have our being, because it changes everything you have ever believed about what you think is in conflict here. These videos might just save your life. When the mind is silent, there is just Oneness, not ''me and the Spirit'', ''me and the body'', ''me and they'', but just Oneness. But you have to be willing to die to save your life. Language is a duality, it's a belief. Whereas the source of all language is Silence which is the truth.
From my frame of mind this is just another "general description intellectual contraption", the truth of which is predicated entirely on words defining and defending other words. In other words, connecting no dots between the words and the world we live in.

YEAH! And that IS the model/system of "something", "anything", "everything", "nothing". I point this very fact in the videos. Current system/model is a train wreck of convolution and self-referring. My "Fundamental Model of Reality" adapts the current starkly dualistic "thing" '"nothing" model to fit the triune systems expressed by the Fundamental Model.

But, okay, cite some particular examples from your own life where everything was changed in regard to a moral/political/spiritual conflict you had with others. Given the argument from the part one video.

I no longer suffer and understand ALL.