to grok god

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

FlashDangerpants

Re: to grok god

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:13 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:22 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:35 pm Excellent, Roydop is of course the greatest philosopher ever to live and Advocate is well known to also be the greatest philosopher to ever live.

Should we summon Age, so that the greatest philosopher ever to live can join in this conversation?
I am the greatest philosopher to ever live because my theory concludes/transcends philosophy. The theory results/merges into actual life experience rather than existing only in the head as neverending "blah blah blah."

Today I will abide in perfect peace and happiness and you will be in Samsara. In a year from now you will be even deeper into the hell that is developing exponentially and I will still be in Moksha.
I challenge you to a duel. May the best philosophy win.
You might want to enable BB script so that he gets the notification you quoted him
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:06 pm
I am the greatest philosopher to ever live because my theory concludes/transcends philosophy. The theory results/merges into actual life experience rather than existing only in the head as neverending "blah blah blah."

Today I will abide in perfect peace and happiness and you will be in Samsara. In a year from now you will be even deeper into the hell that is developing exponentially and I will still be in Moksha.
Sounds great, Roy, but don't ring us, we'll ring you. :)
But that would be my ideal life, to be around people who are abiding in pure bliss all day long. I’d love to be around those people wouldn’t you?

Those people whom you could just sit with all day and never have the pressure to say a single word to each other, and still be content, wouldn’t that be wonderful…Being with someone like that would be my idea of heaven. My ideal partner. I’d feel so lucky to have a partner like that…but I know they are rare and is why I’m a loner. I can’t be bothered with all the drama of idle chitchat.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:28 pm Sigh...

Just a reminder to the Christians here that, if they are willing, I'd appreciate them bringing their God to a discussion that revolves existentially around these factors:

1] a demonstrable proof of the existence of your God
2] addressing the fact that down through the ages hundreds of Gods and religious/spiritual paths to immortality and salvation were/are championed...but only one of which [if any] can be the true path. So why yours?
3] addressing the profoundly problematic role that dasein plays in any particular individual's belief in God
4] the questions that revolve around theodicy and your own particular God
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:23 amHow many times does one that actually knows God exists have to address the above for you to STFU?

1] to a demonstrable proof of the existence your God or religious/spiritual path

Simulation or Divine Reality - evidence of God\'God' proof BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33214

2] addressing the fact that down through the ages hundreds of Gods and religious/spiritual paths to immortality and salvation were/are
championed...but only one of which [if any] can be the true path. So why yours?

To know God is via Christ - a bloke that went to his death stating he is the path - seems a likely place to start.
In the past 2000 years at some point in ones past life one would have had the chance to discover God via the one man worth.Y of the path.
Clearly most saw no worth in Christ and reincarnated according to their beliefs. Many these days reincarnate into atheist upbringing - it's just a choice one makes in ones current life. Clearly many people are not TRULY interested in the love of wisdom.

3] addressing the profoundly problematic role that dasein plays in any particular individual's belief in Gods and religious/spiritual faiths

Already addressed above.

4] the questions that revolve around theodicy and your own particular God or religious/spiritual path

ATTRIBUTES OF GOD:
- What we perceive as reality, is 'generated' by this entity at THE most finite sub-atomic scale where either an event occurs or it doesn't - ergo, it has binary control over ALL matter, that includes our very own grey matter (if it wishes).
- IT has the ability to KNOW everything within the minds of wo/man.
- IT has the ability to switch ALL matter within our brains - our synapses - making us akin to biological robots - should serendipity or synchronicity be a desired outcome.
- IT has formed key words within the ENGLISH language - the common protocol for communication with anomalies and intricacies beyond natural language etymology.
- IT has the ability to appear to morph matter that you perceive as 'matter'.
- IT has ultimate control over ALL that we perceive as dimensions within our reality.
- IT is KARMIC.
- IT reincarnates US (souls) to within families - or other - that we deserve based on KARMA.

- With the attributes listed above, surely you can see it conceivable that reincarnation would be plausible?
- IF it reincarnates US (souls) to within families - or other - that we deserve based on KARMA. (positive or negative)
-------- surely you can see how the THEODICY argument can be refuted.
- IF IT has the ability to appear to morph matter that you perceive as 'matter'.
- IF IT has ultimate control over ALL that we perceive as dimensions within our reality.
-------- again, surely you can see how the THEODICY argument can be refuted.

Although, you are one of the extreme biased atheist 'godbotherers' - ashamed that you have not refutation of the God as defined above with respect to THEODICY...you refuse on EVERY occasion to attempt to...the reason...you want simple fundamental Christian ideology that is easy to attack, much in the same way the militant atheists do - such as Dick Dawkins. YOU ASKED AT THE TOP FOR A DISCUSSION FROM A CHRISTIAN - go ahead, CHALLENGE ME, or be a coward, as Advocate has demonstrated himself to be on challenging me.

iambiguous wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:19 pmWhat can I say?
If you were a reader of Philosophy Now magazine and found out that there was a discussion forum on the internet derived from the magazine, would you ever in a million years expect to come across "arguments" like this?[
:roll:

Not only am I a reader, I am also a subscriber to the PHN magazine. What is your point?

You have continuously raised 4) stupid points (not only on this philosophy forum, but the one where all the stupid cunts like U come from ILP) and expect a reasonable argument - you dumb arrogant fucking idiot!

Again an ad hominem reply to me addressing your shallow points that you have spread far beyond this forum...indeed I wonder how many years of typical Christian types you have managed to cower before the majesty of these 4 points on that ILP site...and yet to have someone of a FAR greater understanding of God (one with actual knowledge of IT) you clearly SHIT YOUR PANTS, attempting to suggest that you have some philosophical intellect way beyond me!
I am certain I am more intelligent than you, not so certain I have read books where other people calling themselves "philosophers' have given a simple man as yourself, some food for thought, but to the likes of you that equates to intellect - YOU ARROGANT FOOL.

IF MY REPLY TO YOUR 4 POINTS ARE SO PATHETIC - THEN ITS EASY FOR YOU - REFUTE THEM DICKHEAD
Last edited by attofishpi on Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:55 pm

You have continuously raised 4) stupid points (not only on this philosophy forum, but the one where all the stupid cunts like U come from ILP) and expect a reasonable argument - you dumb arrogant fucking idiot!

Again an ad hominem reply to me addressing your shallow points that you have spread far beyond this forum...indeed I wonder how many years of typical Christian types you have managed to cower before the majesty of these 4 points on that ILP site...and yet to have someone of a FAR greater understanding of God (one with actual knowledge of IT) you clearly SHIT YOUR PANTS, attempting to suggest that you have some philosophical intellect way beyond me!
I am certain I am more intelligent than you, not so certain I have read books where other people calling themselves "philosophers' have given a simple man as yourself, some food for thought, but to the likes of you that equates to intellect - YOU ARROGANT FOOL.[/color]

IF MY REPLY IS SO PATHETIC - THEN ITS EASY FOR YOU - REFUTE IT DICKHEAD
Ecmandu?! Is this you?!!!! :lol:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:41 pm But that would be my ideal life, to be around people who are abiding in pure bliss all day long. I’d love to be around those people wouldn’t you?
The thing about the internet, where all your contact with people is very remote, is that you can say almost anything about yourself, and nobody can prove otherwise. Roy might say that he's blissfully happy, but then he would, wouldn't he? You seem to believe everything he says, whereas I think he's full of crap, so no, I wouldn't want to be like him, or spend any time with him. I have never known anybody who abides in bliss all day long, let alone spent any time with someone like that, so I have no idea what the experience would be like.
Those people whom you could just sit with all day and never have the pressure to say a single word to each other, and still be content, wouldn’t that be wonderful
I'm all for contentment, but I don't think I could achieve it by being with someone like that. I live alone, and I avoid being with people in general, but I often wish I had just one person to be able to talk meaningfully with.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:03 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:55 pm

I am certain I am more intelligent than you, not so certain I have read books where other people calling themselves "philosophers' have given a simple man as yourself, some food for thought, but to the likes of you that equates to intellect - YOU ARROGANT FOOL.[/color]

IF MY REPLY IS SO PATHETIC - THEN ITS EASY FOR YOU - REFUTE IT DICKHEAD
Ecmandu?! Is this you?!!!! :lol:
U TRULY ARE A COWARD.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:05 pm

U TRULY ARE A COWARD.
Not only that but I "still have Hell to look forward to".

You know, if it's your God and not one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions

How about, one by one, you confront them with your argument above.

Then, a month from now, you get back to us on how many souls you saved.

Unless, of course, one of them is able to save yours. :D
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:17 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:05 pm

U TRULY ARE A COWARD.
Not only that but I "still have Hell to look forward to".
Are U that stupid?

iambiguous wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:17 pmYou know, if it's your God and not one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_r ... traditions

How about, one by one, you confront them with your argument above.

Then, a month from now, you get back to us on how many souls you saved
You are clearly from the US evangelist moron inflicted type.

I couldn't give a shit what happens to your soul..karma is what it is.

btw..precisely what do souls need to be saved from? - GOD?

Y don't you man up and address each of my answers to your 4 points::--
1] to a demonstrable proof of the existence your God or religious/spiritual path

Simulation or Divine Reality - evidence of God\'God' proof BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=33214

2] addressing the fact that down through the ages hundreds of Gods and religious/spiritual paths to immortality and salvation were/are
championed...but only one of which [if any] can be the true path. So why yours?

To know God is via Christ - a bloke that went to his death stating he is the path - seems a likely place to start.
In the past 2000 years at some point in ones past life one would have had the chance to discover God via the one man worth.Y of the path.
Clearly most saw no worth in Christ and reincarnated according to their beliefs. Many these days reincarnate into atheist upbringing - it's just a choice one makes in ones current life. Clearly many people are not TRULY interested in the love of wisdom.

3] addressing the profoundly problematic role that dasein plays in any particular individual's belief in Gods and religious/spiritual faiths

Already addressed above.

4] the questions that revolve around theodicy and your own particular God or religious/spiritual path

ATTRIBUTES OF GOD:
- What we perceive as reality, is 'generated' by this entity at THE most finite sub-atomic scale where either an event occurs or it doesn't - ergo, it has binary control over ALL matter, that includes our very own grey matter (if it wishes).
- IT has the ability to KNOW everything within the minds of wo/man.
- IT has the ability to switch ALL matter within our brains - our synapses - making us akin to biological robots - should serendipity or synchronicity be a desired outcome.
- IT has formed key words within the ENGLISH language - the common protocol for communication with anomalies and intricacies beyond natural language etymology.
- IT has the ability to appear to morph matter that you perceive as 'matter'.
- IT has ultimate control over ALL that we perceive as dimensions within our reality.
- IT is KARMIC.
- IT reincarnates US (souls) to within families - or other - that we deserve based on KARMA.

- With the attributes listed above, surely you can see it conceivable that reincarnation would be plausible?
- IF it reincarnates US (souls) to within families - or other - that we deserve based on KARMA. (positive or negative)
-------- surely you can see how the THEODICY argument can be refuted.
- IF IT has the ability to appear to morph matter that you perceive as 'matter'.
- IF IT has ultimate control over ALL that we perceive as dimensions within our reality.
-------- again, surely you can see how the THEODICY argument can be refuted.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=attofishpi post_id=592652 time=1661802561 user_id=6293]To know God is via Christ - a bloke that went to his death stating he is the path - seems a likely place to start.
[/quote]

I'm going to my death stating that i'm the path right now, and you're not starting with me. What gives?! The only problem is i'm actually alive and here to defend my contention without interpretation.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:12 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:49 pmTo know God is via Christ - a bloke that went to his death stating he is the path - seems a likely place to start.
I'm going to my death stating that i'm the path right now, and you're not starting with me. What gives?! The only problem is i'm actually alive and here to defend my contention without interpretation.
Are you the way and the light as well?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=592671 time=1661809527 user_id=11800]
[quote=Advocate post_id=592658 time=1661803948 user_id=15238]
[quote=attofishpi post_id=592652 time=1661802561 user_id=6293]To know God is via Christ - a bloke that went to his death stating he is the path - seems a likely place to start.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Are you the way and the light as well?
[/quote]

The path, the way, the road even. Not necessarily the light. You'll have to carry the light of reason with you to see the highway.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Advocate wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:49 pm The path, the way, the road even. Not necessarily the light. You'll have to carry the light of reason with you to see the highway.
Do you mean 'turn on your headlights'?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:45 pm Are you the way and the light as well?
Is it cruel and unfair to expect the best philosopher to be able to use the quote function?
I mean, I know, Gardner's different intelligence categories, but still....
He's already solved all of philosophy's metaphysical problems, so he could spend a little time on a practical skill.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:04 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:41 pm But that would be my ideal life, to be around people who are abiding in pure bliss all day long. I’d love to be around those people wouldn’t you?
The thing about the internet, where all your contact with people is very remote, is that you can say almost anything about yourself, and nobody can prove otherwise. Roy might say that he's blissfully happy, but then he would, wouldn't he? You seem to believe everything he says, whereas I think he's full of crap, so no, I wouldn't want to be like him, or spend any time with him. I have never known anybody who abides in bliss all day long, let alone spent any time with someone like that, so I have no idea what the experience would be like.
Those people whom you could just sit with all day and never have the pressure to say a single word to each other, and still be content, wouldn’t that be wonderful
I'm all for contentment, but I don't think I could achieve it by being with someone like that. I live alone, and I avoid being with people in general, but I often wish I had just one person to be able to talk meaningfully with.
I believe there are people who can abide in bliss all day, people who have transcended the fake and egoic falsity of their...'' hey do you wanna know my thoughts and what I think...'' kind of mentality...I'm more drawn to people who abide in their true self with is thoughtless...just like cats and dogs...notice how cats and dogs abide in pure unconditional loving state, especially when all their basic needs for survival are being met...And that's the same for ourselves, we just need to give to humans what we give to our beloved pets...then we too will live contented lives just like our loved and cared for beloved pet animals.

Knowing full well that 'thoughts' are just what we use to distract us from our true being which is VOID of any thought.

Roy is correct when he says one can master their own mind and be done with 'thought' completely. I agree with him because it's my personal experience also, and so I am able to resonate with his experience.

The only reason I come to this forum is to spread the nondual truth. Which is there is no thought made truth..and that real truth is truthless thoughtfree awareness.

I am choosing to live alone by choice. I honestly believe there is no one out-there whom I could ever share my life with anyway. They would have to be someone like Roy, who would share the same transcendant way of being in the world. But I've never in all my years met that person in the flesh. I've known them online, but I have never met one in physicality up close and personal.

Anyways....I'm choosing solitude, to live alone, and have no interest now to find a partner to live with. It's too late for me now I'm too stuck in my own world of blissful solitude. Beside's I can always talk to people like You and Roy online when ever there is a need or a desire in me to engage in some meaningful conversation with someone else. I would definitely be very choosey who I would speak to online or through email, or even through skype...I'd be very choosy. I wouldn't just talk to any tom dick and harry, or sally that's for sure.

There's one thing I cannot stand though, and that is forced conversation, I prefer to just be in silence and allow words to flow on their own without any pressure to feel like I must say something to avoid any awkward silence.
The last thing I want to hear is someone saying to me...'' are you alright, you are very quiet today, you are not usually this quiet...''...as if being quiet meant there was something wrong with me...this sort of mentality I hate...and is why it is important to me to be in the presence of people like Roy

Funnily enough I share that sort of pure presence with my own Daughter, who is a solo lover. She knew from birth she was going to be alone all her life because that's where she is most at peace..she already knew what life she wanted from birth...so what does that say about the idea of thoughtfree awareness, it says it's inherent in all of us, and some of us even come to earth already knowing they want this experience of bliss, and know what to do to make it happen.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:35 pm Excellent, Roydop is of course the greatest philosopher ever to live and Advocate is well known to also be the greatest philosopher to ever live.

Should we summon Age, so that the greatest philosopher ever to live can join in this conversation?

This sounds eerily like the gloating of a born again gloating over those who will burn or be left behind.