STD and how to Survive It

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

Re: STD and how to Survive It

Post by henry quirk »

No. I am not going to kiss you.
So Mr. Mitchell told all the jokes. And Mrs. Mitchell just had to endure them.
Now I do not know if these two Mitchell's were actually related in any way. But I do know, whatever they were afflicted with, they turned to literacy,
See? You used honey, not vinegar. You spoke to me, not at me.

Keep doin' that (talkin' to folks) and you'll get all the back & forth you can take in this place.

-----

I spoke too soon...
Now as far as bee's and honey, well people have been chasing that myth for a long time. Maybe you are among those who ant to rewrite the whole Bible just to censor God?
Nice chattin' with you, Phil.
Last edited by henry quirk on Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:15 pm
No. I am not going to kiss you.
So Mr. Mitchell told all the jokes. And Mrs. Mitchell just had to endure them.
Now I do not know if these two Mitchell's were actually related in any way. But I do know, whatever they were afflicted with, they turned to literacy,
See? You used honey, not vinegar. You spoke to me, not at me.

Keep doin' that (talkin' to folks) and you'll get all the back & forth you can take in this place.
well you were posting while I was writing, flip back a page.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Some people just think they can pull up some folk myth and call it judgment. I could have retorted by spare the rod and spoil the child, but I did not.
Your own body, if you could hear it, teaches you both by pleasure and pain.
Why do you think that there are two stories of creation, and two stories about the mark on the head and hand?

You teach the head by your own had, good and bad, just like a real marriage.

Even though, I walk through the Valley of Death, I will not forsake my God.

You can use metaphor or science, and only interpret them correctly, by what your own body is capable of teaching you.

So, one more time, as you obviously did not understand it, what determines the whole of your responses to the environment? Me, God, a banana tree, or your ability to read and write?

Here you are at your age, refusing to take responsibility for your own behavior.
It be you, de devil that made me do it! !!! bull shit.
See, it be true, I am blessed, watch, I gotta portable halo, I just have to make a circle with my fingers and lift my arm over my head! Aint it wonderful?
FlashDangerpants

Mania and how to succumb

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:37 pm My English teachers name was Mrs. Mitchell, you might want to look that name up.

That lady worked this way. First day, write an essay to evaluate her students. Of all the class, she decided to let me read anything I wanted.
I've genuinely never encountered anyone with such a pathological need to insert unimpressive boasts into all conversation.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

So far nobody has even been on topic, avoided it like a plague, from whining to smart ass remarks.

See how dangerous this STD is, it even produces effects on behavior, it is smarter than the host body, it can actually protect itself. Smart virus's have always puzzled researchers. So, finding a really good prophylactic is going to be especially hard.

See the effect of the wrong prophylactic or inability to follow the directions on how to put it on? Blind people, wholly in a daze, wandering around, and speaking nonsense.

I bet if someone told them that this was a condominium they would believe it, wholly forgetting to read the rental agreement.

Why boy, don't you know you can't tell jokes in public? You ain't got an actor's guild card or pay dues. Now you can be a joke walking around, but you cannot, by law, walk around and joke. Now all these fine jokes walking around are just trying to arrest you, it is the politically correct thing to do. Now, run along boy. Well, I am sorry sir, at the moment I am rolling on the ground LMAO.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Now, there is a true, but untold story about Jesus Christ. Now, that poor man, he went around trying to teach something, and got his feathers mightily ruffled by the mob.
Well, one day, he was approached by this man from this far away land called Hollywood. And the man said, come, work for us, we will shelter and pay you well, you can be an actor, have your own show, and get rich!

Well, Christ stood there in utter amazement, but before he could give an answer, or even think about a contract. The devil, popped up outta the ground and dragged the Hollywood Talent Scout down to hell. Oh, not to punish him, but because there were so many souls down there looking for a job.

Now this story, which is actually true, is from Cuneiform tablets, presented by the Ancient Astronuts Archive.
Last edited by Phil8659 on Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

nuthin' but vinegar

what a waste
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:42 pm nuthin' but vinegar

what a waste
Aint that exactly what I said? Glad you finally agree with me on something.
Gary Childress

Re: Mania and how to succumb

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:44 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:37 pm My English teachers name was Mrs. Mitchell, you might want to look that name up.

That lady worked this way. First day, write an essay to evaluate her students. Of all the class, she decided to let me read anything I wanted.
I've genuinely never encountered anyone with such a pathological need to insert unimpressive boasts into all conversation.
Hi Flash, I suppose a lot of us carry scars from interacting socially. Sometimes it's through no fault of our own and sometimes it may be because of the way we choose to act toward or around others. While I don't think that most humans are "stupid" (as the OP seems to be suggesting) I can identify with the sentiment of discontentment toward others (now dealing with emotional trauma and social alienation at a young age). I have a hard time accepting my own role in it, however, I think peace comes when we make friends with the world around us. Animosity doesn't seem to solve a whole lot. As Henry astutely points out, honey is a much better offering than vinegar.

What are your thoughts on what I say above?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Hi Flash, I suppose a lot of us carry scars from interacting socially. Sometimes it's through no fault of our own and sometimes it may be because of the way we choose to act toward or around others. While I don't think that most humans are "stupid" (as the OP seems to be suggesting) I can identify with the sentiment of discontentment toward others (now dealing with emotional trauma and social alienation at a young age). I have a hard time accepting my own role in it, however, I think peace comes when we make friends with the world around us. Animosity doesn't seem to solve a whole lot. As Henry astutely points out, honey is a much better offering than vinegar.

It's true we probably ought to pity Phil983475893745 for his condition, it is very bad and he is seriously fucked up. It's not something he chose, just an unfortunate alignment of bits, things, and stuff in his brain that he couldn't possibly control. However he is so extremly dislikeable that I cannot actually find any sympathy for him. It's like a Frankenstein monster with the brains of Nick_A, the social awareness of Age, both the pretension & the entitlement of Handjob7, all mixed up with the pleasant and easy going manners of Vegetariantaxidermy
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Now, I like to acquire as much data about this STD as I can, so, now we let those who are afflicted just run amuck. Showing why this is the most dangerous STD in human history.
Now, I might spin a yarn or two to break up the boredom, but hey, I downloaded everything I could on Muppets, which has actual cogent content in it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:29 pm

It's true we probably ought to pity Phil983475893745 for his condition, it is very bad and he is seriously fucked up. It's not something he chose, just an unfortunate alignment of bits, things, and stuff in his brain that he couldn't possibly control. However he is so extremly dislikeable that I cannot actually find any sympathy for him. It's like a Frankenstein monster with the brains of Nick_A, the social awareness of Age, both the pretension & the entitlement of Handjob7, all mixed up with the pleasant and easy going manners of Vegetariantaxidermy
Well, I couldn't criticize you for your answer, even if it were my intent to. However, I guess I've kind of gotten accustomed to bitterness on philosophy forums. Rudeness doesn't usually upset me too much. I suppose I tend to get more bent out of shape over kindness and patience in people I disagree with. I think IC would probably attest to that. Probably testament to how messed up I am. But I hear you.
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:40 pm

Well, I couldn't criticize you for your answer, even if it were my intent to. However, I guess I've kind of gotten accustomed to bitterness on philosophy forums. Rudeness doesn't usually upset me too much. I suppose I tend to get more bent out of shape over kindness and patience in people I disagree with. I think IC would probably attest to that. Probably testament to how messed up I am. But I hear you.
Really guys, get a room, find a spot for your personal pity party. I am really trying to do some work here.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm
Really guys, get a room, find a spot for your personal pity party. I am really trying to do some work here.
Really? What sort of "work" are you doing?
Phil8659

Post by Phil8659 »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:03 pm
Phil8659 wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:58 pm

Really? What sort of "work" are you doing?
Has not your own perceptions, your own body informed you that no amount of words exist which can endow you with the least bit of comprehension? How may times has someone told you that in your life, yet it goes right over your head? your own occupation with self pity, and social masturbation with emotions, keep you too distracted from taking the time to try and learn anything.