So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: Free Will as a "Radiant Void"

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:59 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:45 pm
Age wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:33 am

To be able to think and do as one wants.

And are you really thinking or doing as you want if you are responding to this question?

An act of deciding or choosing between possibilities

And does one choose the possibilities?

I did not.

So "free" cannot equate itself to "choice" under "free will?"

I observe it EVERY day.

Do you have a choice in that?

But it was determined by this post, OBVIOUSLY.

So is the will totally free?

I NEVER said it was.

So "freedom" does not necessitate spontaneity?

YES, and OBVIOUSLY they BOTH do.

So neither can exist as well?

Very easily, and already done.

Are you sure this claim is not merely an empty assertion?

Sure, if you like.

Feel FREE, to ask as many as you like. some might say.

So you have answers for all of these questions?
Yes.

No.

I did not say that nor even suggest that.

Yes.

What is the 'will', which you talk about here?

No.

No.

Yes, and

Yes.
Why?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:09 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:08 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am Every action is a reaction.
If every reaction, grounded in an action, is a replication of that action through a diverse form...are actions (as reactions) effectively self-referential...thus empty loops?
That would all depend on what do you mean by 'empty loops'?
So loops, a circular form of reasoning or strictly an empirical reality (loop such as a rubber band or the looping movement of a star or atom) are not intrinsically empty?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm
Age wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:40 am

No.

EVERY action causes a reaction, and, EVERY re-action is just an (other) action, which causes another re-action.

So if an action cannot exist without a reaction, how can you say that a reaction (given a number of possibilities) does not determine the reaction?

But I NEVER did say that.

If I have a question, with a specific number of answers, the possible answers do not form the question by allowing the question to exist?

If you say so.

But EVERY decision you make is done without knowing how the future plays out anyway.

Are you sure?

Yes because you do NOT know, for sure, IF what you think or believe about what will happen, WILL actually happen.

If I make a decision, based upon a pre select quantity and quality of patterns, no matter what choice I make certain patterns effectively replicate. I may not understand the decision of walking across a street, but certain underlying patterns will be predicted (continued walking, moving through the street, the replication of movements on the other side of the streat (ie the tree will continue existing, people on the other side will continue movements, etc.)). If I choose to eat, and decide to order a glass of water instead...but an ice tea is presented, certain patterns will replicate regardeless (glass placed on a table, looking at it, talking to waiter/waitress).

So what?

You STILL do NOT know, for sure, what WILL ACTUALLY happen.

You can predict all you want, but you will NEVER KNOW, for sure.

IS a 'separate time line' even a possible thing?

Observing a set of movements within a set of movements (ie watching the water drip down a glass, while ignoring the clock) as a localization of some phenomena.

It appears to me that you are 'trying to' make complex or confuse that which really is not, just because you BELIEVE some thing else ALREADY to be true.

Observing movements within movements, necessitates complexity and simplicity to be simultaneous.

If you say so, and if things APPEAR complex, to you, then so be it.

But from what I observe It ALL looks very simple and easy, to me

You are assuming from a point of view then...agrippa's trillema.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:01 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Your assumption and belief is WRONG again.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:12 am

So "from what I observe" is not your point of view...or is it? You seem very divided over what truth is...

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm
So "from what I observe" is not your point of view...or is it?
That depends, do you have any examples?

You are just plain WRONG to START with. So until you fix that up, in the beginning, then really moving further ahead will NOT bring you to back what WAS the Truth from the outset anyway.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm You seem very divided over what truth is...
No, not at all.

That is just YOUR ASSUMPTION, which, by the way, is WRONG AGAIN.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:49 am

You are just plain WRONG to START with. So until you fix that up, in the beginning, then really moving further ahead will NOT bring you to back what WAS the Truth from the outset anyway.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm You seem very divided over what truth is...
No, not at all.

So you are not viewing any of this from your point of view?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:57 pm

No, not at all.

If that is your assumption, then so be it.

Where do you assume I am viewing from exactly?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:20 pm

No, not at all.

"But from what I observed it all looks very simple to me"...so I am wrong in assuming these are your words from several posts above?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:41 pm

"But from what I observed it all looks very simple to me"...so I am wrong in assuming these are your words from several posts above?
If that is what I said several posts above, then no you are not wrong in assuming that those are my words from several posts above. Most people I know would just know this, and would not make such an assumption and/or then also not (have to) ask if what they assume is wrong or not.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:24 am

If that is what I said several posts above, then no you are not wrong in assuming that those are my words from several posts above. Most people I know would just know this, and would not make such an assumption and/or then also not (have to) ask if what they assume is wrong or not.
So those may not be your word considering "if that is what I said" is how you open your statement?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:34 am

So those may not be your word considering "if that is what I said" is how you open your statement?
If that is the assumption that you want to make, then so be it. I have already specifically answered your question, and if you can not see it or can not accept that, again because you made another assumption, then so be it.

I have already suggested, numerous times already, that making assumptions is not at all helpful. I have also explained WHY, but if you want continue to keep making assumptions like you are here, then you are providing the actual evidence of exactly how making assumptions is not at all helpful, to you.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:03 pm

If that is the assumption that you want to make, then so be it. I have already specifically answered your question, and if you can not see it or can not accept that, again because you made another assumption, then so be it.

I have already suggested, numerous times already, that making assumptions is not at all helpful. I have also explained WHY, but if you want continue to keep making assumptions like you are here, then you are providing the actual evidence of exactly how making assumptions is not at all helpful, to you.
How do you know I am making an assumption, without making an assumption?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm

But I am NOT making an assumption. I do NOT need to make any assumption.

I already KNOW you are making an assumption, because you TOLD ME YOU ARE, OBVIOUSLY.

Maybe IF you STOPPED making so many assumptions, and just LOOKED AT what IS instead, then you might start SEEING and KNOWING what the actual Truth of things really IS, ALSO?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:41 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:16 pm

But I am NOT making an assumption. I do NOT need to make any assumption.

I already KNOW you are making an assumption, because you TOLD ME YOU ARE, OBVIOUSLY.

Maybe IF you STOPPED making so many assumptions, and just LOOKED AT what IS instead, then you might start SEEING and KNOWING what the actual Truth of things really IS, ALSO?
You are assuming this.