Did you enjoy watching the Benny Hill Show?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

thedoc

Re: Did you enjoy watching the Benny Hill Show?

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Does it really seem to you like I care about others' opinions of me on here?
It is quite obvious that you don't care what others think of you, otherwise you wouldn't be quite so obnoxious.
Greta

Post by Greta »

I used to enjoy the BH Show back in the day. I liked Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie, Bugs Bunny, Dobie Gillis, The Flintstones, Happy Days, The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Bewitched, Flipper, Skippy, Lassie and Lost in Space.

I suppose this means I am a sexist, hermitlike, superstitious, anthropomorphising, nostalgic, primitive-minded, spaced-out progressive conservative who is obsessed with animals ... wow, this TV show analysis really works!
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Does it really seem to you like I care about others' opinions of me on here?
It is quite obvious that you don't care what others think of you, otherwise you wouldn't be quite so obnoxious.
Perhaps you should try looking in the mirror occasionally. :wink:
vegetariantaxidermy

Political correctness destroyed Benny Hill and probably hastened his death. Apparently it's now fashionable to like him again. My, how fickle are the politically correct. 'Politically correct'. Possibly the cleverest label in the history of the English language.
vegetariantaxidermy

I wasn't directing my comment to you Greta, so I wonder who's 'paranoid'.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
thedoc wrote:
I already admit that I don't care what others think of me, or perhaps you hadn't noticed because of your projection. And I'm only obnoxious when I reply in kind to other posters.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
thedoc wrote:
I already admit that I don't care what others think of me, or perhaps you hadn't noticed because of your projection. And I'm only obnoxious when I reply in kind to other posters.
Liar. And it's quite obvious you care very much what I think. :mrgreen:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Liar. And it's quite obvious you care very much what I think. :mrgreen:
Ah, you're narcissistic, very much of the opinion that everything is about you, even when it isn't. My, but you're vain, just like Peacegirl.
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

Greta wrote:I used to enjoy the BH Show back in the day. I liked Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeannie, Bugs Bunny, Dobie Gillis, The Flintstones, Happy Days, The Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Bewitched, Flipper, Skippy, Lassie and Lost in Space.

I suppose this means I am a sexist, hermitlike, superstitious, anthropomorphising, nostalgic, primitive-minded, spaced-out progressive conservative who is obsessed with animals ... wow, this TV show analysis really works!
No, most of those shows were caricatures of human society and very few of them portrayed real animal behavior. You are just reacting to the foibles of real human society as depicted in the cartoons.
vegetariantaxidermy

thedoc wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Liar. And it's quite obvious you care very much what I think. :mrgreen:
Ah, you're narcissistic, very much of the opinion that everything is about you, even when it isn't. My, but you're vain, just like Peacegirl.
Nope. Just looking at the evidence. You are the only person on here who I could say that about. There is always one. :roll: If you don't care what I write then stop following me around. You could easily spare yourself the torment of reading my posts by blocking me. Feel free. :wink:
thedoc

Post by thedoc »

thedoc wrote:
Nope. Just looking at the evidence. You are the only person on here who I could say that about. There is always one. :roll: If you don't care what I write then stop following me around. You could easily spare yourself the torment of reading my posts by blocking me. Feel free. :wink:
Why should I ignore you when you are so entertaining?
Greta

Post by Greta »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I wasn't directing my comment to you Greta, so I wonder who's 'paranoid'.
Sure I'm paranoid, but my paranoia does not result in endless complaints and exaggerated attributions to something called "PC". What of Conservative and Patriotic Correctness? Defence political correctness? Climate change dare not even be mentioned on the US environment department's website. Plenty to complain about if one is so inclined.

I see it all as a lot of whingeing and moaning from either side, all designed to chip away at some loathed others' credibility.

This is seemingly how it must be. Human beings must carry on like utter fuckwits until they are so beaten down, punch-drunk and exhausted from their fuckwittery that they have no choice but to be vaguely civil for a while. Somehow, out of all that maelstrom, we end up progressing enormously. Then the process repeats.
vegetariantaxidermy

Greta wrote:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:I wasn't directing my comment to you Greta, so I wonder who's 'paranoid'.
Sure I'm paranoid, but my paranoia does not result in endless complaints and exaggerated attributions to something called "PC". What of Conservative and Patriotic Correctness? Defence political correctness? Climate change dare not even be mentioned on the US environment department's website. Plenty to complain about if one is so inclined.

I see it all as a lot of whingeing and moaning from either side, all designed to chip away at some loathed others' credibility.

This is seemingly how it must be. Human beings must carry on like utter fuckwits until they are so beaten down, punch-drunk and exhausted from their fuckwittery that they have no choice but to be vaguely civil for a while. Somehow, out of all that maelstrom, we end up progressing enormously. Then the process repeats.
Whatever that means. It's not my fault the concept of PC is too difficult for most people to grasp. Climate change has nothing to do with political correctness, but it could, depending on how much pressure was put on whichever side is unfashionable at any given time to be silent, or even to think differently from whatever is deemed to be 'correct' thinking (although it's unlikely, since climate change is about facts rather than fashionable mob-think). Benny Hill was incredibly unPC at one time, around the 80s. Now he has acquired a trendy kitch cult following and it's no longer fashionable to vilify and ridicule him. The PC have new targets and pet causes-- constantly being updated. They are too busy thinking of new women's awards to give Caitlyn Jenner, and new ways to ruin the careers and lives of anyone who disagrees with them.
It's the insincerity that is the Hallmark of PC that is so sickening. Who appointed them everyone's moral watchdogs?
Btw, I can't stand climate change deniers. That doesn't mean I'm going to form a mob that hounds and harasses anyone who disagrees with me into silence (and yes, that happens a lot). PC has nothing to do with 'kindness' either. There wasn't much evidence of kindness when a PC collective drove Richard Dawkins to a stroke for making some unPC (but true) comment that offended PC 'feminist' sensibilities. And they are still at it. They won't be happy until he's dead. PC is basically just mob rule.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:... There wasn't much evidence of kindness when a PC collective drove Richard Dawkins to a stroke ...
:lol: You've got to be joking right?