This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

TSBU

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Post by TSBU »

Greatest I am wrote:If you see evil and that is your best advice, then you are a great candidate to hear this truth.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is nothing.

Go advise the immoral to do nothing. I am busy doing something.

Ignore religious homophobia and misogyny until you have a woman or gay in your family suffer discrimination without a just cause. Then wonder why you did nothing.

Regards
DL
You mean for mistakes and stupidity, not for evil. I already know that. And I'm nearly ok with it,I can't accept living so many stupid people, yet?. But what I know is that it isn't something anybody can fix, and most of them are, at least, broken and without possibility of being fixed, nearly all humanity.

So, you think that spreading your dogmatic atheism in this forum is doing something, if you change two believers, only two, and make them atheist, tell me... it can't be proven, so I won't, but I was thinking in offering you 1000 thousand dollars as a price, only to show you that you can't do anything. This forum isn't much healthier than religion, it's more escapism... in your case, it seems like it makes you feel like you are doing something. Believing in god does not imply following a religion, and that doesn't imply being racist or whatever, being an atheist doesn't imply being a good person either. Religion is not the source of racism, mysoginy or homophobia. Humans and the way they born are the source. (And I know it's a tautology).
Greatest I am

Re: This is incontrovertible proof that God is evil. God does not live by his own golden rule.

Post by Greatest I am »

I am not an atheist. I am a Gnostic Christian and you would lose you cash as the odd one has told me that what I said did make a difference.

I think I am following the golden rule and these bits of biblical wisdom.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Imagine the world and how backwards we would be if no one ever bothered to correct poor thinking.

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote:Thanks for this.

The issue is God and the golden rule as given by Jesus who many see as that large circle.

Should God follow his own best advice or should he say, do as I say and not as I do, given that scriptures say we should do as God does?

Regards
DL
The Golden Rule may be the intersection point with eternity's boundary. To see eternity in an hour, as Blake said, means that eternity isn’t bound by time, and he was a little off-center.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:Thanks for this.

The issue is God and the golden rule as given by Jesus who many see as that large circle.

Should God follow his own best advice or should he say, do as I say and not as I do, given that scriptures say we should do as God does?

Regards
DL
The Golden Rule may be the intersection point with eternity's boundary. To see eternity in an hour, as Blake said, means that eternity isn’t bound by time, and he was a little off-center.
Also, the golden rule may not be the intersection point with eternity's boundary.

Without time, eternity is too small to worry about or even want. Thoughts could not exist there as thoughts need time.

Regards
DL
Walker

Post by Walker »

Thus, validating the venn.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

After Jesus proclaimed the Golden Rule when did God break it?!? ..he let evil exist because humans have free will.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote:After Jesus proclaimed the Golden Rule when did God break it?!? ..he let evil exist because humans have free will.
Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

The free will to not sin is thus refuted.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote:Thus, validating the venn.
Not unless you can prove there is no time where they meld.

I do not accept your venn as infinity cannot be where a finite system is.

Infinity is a measure of time so using the word infinite without putting time and space in it for thoughts to form is foolish.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote:God does not live by his own golden rule.
"Golden rule"? Where did you come up with that crap?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote:
Better than 70% of people say that that type of reciprocity rule is their number one moral tenet.

If that is not your first moral tenet then what is?

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Better than 70% of people say that that type of reciprocity rule is their number one moral tenet. If that is not your first moral tenet then what is?
"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled."
Revelation 17:17, a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

I knew he was a bit of a tosser long ago.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote:
Walker wrote:Thus, validating the venn.
Not unless you can prove there is no time where they meld.

I do not accept your venn as infinity cannot be where a finite system is.

Infinity is a measure of time so using the word infinite without putting time and space in it for thoughts to form is foolish.

Regards
DL
The present is the timeless, perpetual, never-ending, where reality exists.
The present is the only place where eternity exists.
Even the concept of eternity can only exist in the present.

No time like the present.

No time ... like the present is no time.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

bobevenson wrote:
Greatest I am wrote:
bobevenson wrote: "Golden rule"? Where did you come up with that crap?
Better than 70% of people say that that type of reciprocity rule is their number one moral tenet. If that is not your first moral tenet then what is?
"For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled."
Revelation 17:17, a description of the beast with 7 heads and 10 horns in chapter and verse.
Apologies for asking you a question on your morality that you could not answer.

So much for your power of thought.

It is no wonder that you always post the same garbage.

You cannot articulate your morals.

Regards
DL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Greatest I am wrote:
bobevenson wrote:
Greatest I am wrote: Better than 70% of people say that that type of reciprocity rule is their number one moral tenet. If that is not your first moral tenet then what is?
Apologies for asking you a question on your morality that you could not answer. So much for your power of thought. It is no wonder that you always post the same garbage. You cannot articulate your morals.
Please, the inarticulate garbage you post puts an exclamation point on my divine inspiration!