(Il)Literacy Problem in the West

What did you say? And what did you mean by it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Wizard22

Re: (Il)Literacy Problem in the West

Post by Wizard22 »

Impenitent wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:58 pmside note- if you have already created one offspring, another would be a re-creation...

-Imp
Life is not re-created otherwise our progeny would be clones. Sexual reproduction is only pro-creative.

"Recreational" sex is "for fun", pleasure. The intent is on the dopamine satisfaction, not the result (pregnancy).
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 am
Philosophy, thought, meditation, all of these represent privilege, security, safety, comfort. You cannot do philosophy in Nature.
You could do it at a picnic in the countryside.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:00 am "Recreational" sex is "for fun", pleasure. The intent is on the dopamine satisfaction, not the result (pregnancy).
Do you suppose rabbits think; let's make some baby bunnies, before they get stuck into shagging? :roll:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:21 amDo you suppose rabbits think; let's make some baby bunnies, before they get stuck into shagging? :roll:
Don't worry Clowny, once necrophilia gains social traction, I'm confident that you'll finally get laid.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:42 am
Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 9:21 amDo you suppose rabbits think; let's make some baby bunnies, before they get stuck into shagging? :roll:
Don't worry Clowny, once necrophilia gains social traction, I'm confident that you'll finally get laid.
What relationship does that mindless comment have to what I said? :?

Why quote me, and then respond with something that has nothing to do with the comment you quoted? What an absolute idiot you are. :shock:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:16 amWhat relationship does that mindless comment have to what I said? :?

Why quote me, and then respond with something that has nothing to do with the comment you quoted? What an absolute idiot you are. :shock:
Class clown, you reap what you sow. You've bullied others since you were a child, always looking for an edge to make those smarter than you into a joke, because you could not / cannot compete on the same level. Since you cannot add to or contribute to the art of Philosophy, only subtract and denigrate, like your pal Dopey, you two shall receive your own medicine.

Instead you will be laughed at. Because it is easy to mock a fool.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:01 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:45 pmInteresting choice. What did you think of the primary logical move he does against Locke in that book?
You should worry about your own illiteracy first.
You should consider your own comments about taking threads off topic and consider returning to topic before the hypocrisy of your current state becomes incurable.

As luck would have it, an opportunity to demonstrate your literacy arose today when I was reading a book on the train to work. Here's an excerpt from Fodor & Pylyshyn's Minds Without Meaning
Fodor-referring-Berkely.jpg
Fodor-referring-Berkely.jpg (56.46 KiB) Viewed 958 times
As we all know, 'Berkeleyan' would typically refer either to a fairly boring ontological conclusion, or else to the much more interesting argument he used to establish that. Even though you lied about reading the book, you've had a few days, it's a super famous argument, and I've now given you a solid prompt - with helpful highlighting - so you should be able to bullshit your way through this trivial test if you are even remotely literate.

I suggest you don't try and get into it about what Fodor is on about with the chair thing, theories of intensional semantic content are far beyond your abilities.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

You're quite desperate Dopey.

My illiteracy is not the issue though, reread the thread.

What I enjoy about Berkeley is how he really destroyed Solipsistic philosophies and philosophers by connecting sense-perception to the logical circuits of the brain.

Cognition is how the brain renders sense-perception into biological data, which is in turn selectively Memorized into the subconscious.
FlashDangerpants

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:18 pm What I enjoy about Berkeley is how he really destroyed Solipsistic philosophies and philosophers by connecting sense-perception to the logical circuits of the brain.

Cognition is how the brain renders sense-perception into biological data, which is in turn selectively Memorized into the subconscious.
The causal theory of perception with light moving from an object to an eye and then through the brain into the mind?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:03 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:16 amWhat relationship does that mindless comment have to what I said? :?

Class clown, you reap what you sow. You've bullied others since you were a child, always looking for an edge to make those smarter than you into a joke, because you could not / cannot compete on the same level.
You have no idea what I did when I was a child. :?
Since you cannot add to or contribute to the art of Philosophy, only subtract and denigrate, like your pal Dopey, you two shall receive your own medicine.
But we aren't receiving our own medicine. We are pointing out your stupidity, and all you are doing is coming back with childish insults. I don't blame you for retaliating, but you are no good at it. :|
I think that even you know who is the fool here. :roll:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:34 pm

Class clown, you reap what you sow. You've bullied others since you were a child, always looking for an edge to make those smarter than you into a joke, because you could not / cannot compete on the same level.
Since you cannot add to or contribute to the art of Philosophy, only subtract and denigrate, like your pal Dopey, you two shall receive your own medicine.
But we aren't receiving our own medicine. We are pointing out your stupidity, and all you are doing is coming back with childish insults. I don't blame you for retaliating, but you are no good at it. :|
You try too hard, Clowny. At least I don't need to feel guilty about bullying a bully.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:41 pm
Harbal wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:34 pm
You try too hard, Clowny. At least I don't need to feel guilty about bullying a bully.
No, you don't need to feel guilty.
FlashDangerpants

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:18 pm What I enjoy about Berkeley is how he really destroyed Solipsistic philosophies and philosophers by connecting sense-perception to the logical circuits of the brain.

The causal theory of perception with light moving from an object to an eye and then through the brain into the mind? .... the thing Berkeley's arg was sceptically taking apart?

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:36 pmI am NOT and WAS NOT EXPECTING you to. But ANSWERING just SOME would be HELPFUL.
I do answer 'some'. You're being redundant.
BUT you do NOT ANSWER the ACTUAL QUESTIONS I POSE, and ASK you.

you may give responses to SOME, but you do NOT ANSWER, the ACTUAL QUESTION ASKED.

Unless, OF COURSE, you want to PROVE me WRONG, and if you do, then all you have to do is provide some example of WHERE and WHEN you have ACTUALLY ANSWERED the ACTUAL QUESTION/S ASKED.
Age wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:36 pmAlso, what we SEE here, VERY CLEARLY, is ANOTHER EXCUSE being made. Which was a VERY COMMON practice among the adult population, in the days when this was being written.
What "we" are you speaking of?
'Us' who ARE reading 'this' and RECOGNIZING 'the EXCUSE' that you are MAKING here.
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 am Is your mom and dad looking over your shoulder? Do you mean your family? Do you mean others on this forum?

Who is "we"?
The EXACT SAME 'ones' as I JUST INFORMED you, WHEN you FIRST ASKED.

ONCE AGAIN, the 'readers' who can, VERY CLEARLY, SEE your, (VERY WEAK) EXCUSE here for NOT just ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS POSED and ASKED, TO you.
Age wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:36 pm
Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:32 pm Sometimes I focus on what's most relevant to my threads and OP.
Which is ALL VERY SUBJECTIVE, right?
Sometimes it's subjective; other times it's objective.
Like WHERE and WHEN, for example?
Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:32 pm I ask your age,
YET, you TOLD EVERY one in what age range I am IN.
Correct.
So, I AM A CHILD, right?
Wizard22 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:32 pm because you signaled you don't understand the importance of close-mindedness. It's critical in life. Not everybody is privileged.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Here we have ANOTHER example of VIEWING and SEEING 'the world' FROM one's OWN VERY TINY and VERY SPECIFIC LITTLE cultural upbringing.

So-called 'CLOSED-MINDEDNESS', or, MORE SIMPLY, just BEING CLOSED is NOT, and I will repeat, IS NOT, 'critical in life' AT ALL.

In fact BEING CLOSED is DETRIMENTAL to one's OWN life. As you are CLEARLY PROVING True here.
In order to Act, you have to close your mind.
LOL
LOL
LOL

1. 'you' do NOT 'have a mind'.

2. In order to Act, the Mind does NOT 'have to be' CLOSED.

3. WHY do you BELIEVE, ABSOLUTELY, that for 'you' 'to Act', you HAVE TO CLOSE 'your mind'?

Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 am Are you doing philosophy while running away from a tiger in the jungle, or swimming away from a shark in the sea? No, you're not.
YES I AM.

WHY do you BELIEVE that 'you' ARE NOT?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 am Philosophy, thought, meditation, all of these represent privilege, security, safety, comfort.
'Privilege' in relation to 'what', EXACTLY?

And, what does the 'philosophy' word MEAN or REFER TO, to you, EXACTLY?
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:59 am You cannot do philosophy in Nature.
Well considering the IRREFUTABLE Fact that there is NO OTHER PLACE, OTHER THAN Nature, by your very OWN "logic" here, 'you' NEVER DO 'philosophy', correct?

Post by Age »

DEFINE 'smarter' here "wizard22".
Wizard22 wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:03 pm Since you cannot add to or contribute to the art of Philosophy, only subtract and denigrate, like your pal Dopey, you two shall receive your own medicine.

And, it could be argued that ONLY an ACTUAL FOOL would 'mock' ANOTHER so-called 'fool'.