Don't Vote

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bus2bondi

Re: Don't Vote

Post by bus2bondi »

however, many of us here know that there is alot more going on. that is kind of one reason i brought bumper stickers and slogans into this, because again, i think anyways, however good intended, and i could be wrong, we are just spinning our wheels in the same mud and its inevitable that we start moving into another direction.
Last edited by bus2bondi on Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

Bob claims his position needs no supporting argument
maybe i missed that, forgive me but where?
John

Post by John »

bus2bondi wrote:i don't think that anyone of them would ever go to prison for harrassment.
I dont know what you're referring to.
Last edited by John on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
John

Post by John »

bus2bondi wrote:
Bob claims his position needs no supporting argument
maybe i missed that, forgive me but where?
Well he said "I have stated an a priori philosophical position that needs no defense or justification" but really it's all here and you should check the thread rather than take my word for it.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

oh sorry john, i didn't see that, i checked the thread, and still didn't see it.. sorry about that, my mistake.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

When I say that every person in a democratic society is entitled to a vote, this is a philosophical position that needs no defense whatsoever. You may disagree with the premise, but it is meaningless for you to ask me to defend it. It's like you taking the philosophical position that it's improper to steal, and me asking you to defend that position. It's ridiculous on the face of it.
Pluto

Post by Pluto »

Voting can't be trusted today as most have been indoctrinated by those we vote for.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

hi John, i went back and edited some of my posts from yesterday because i have a little more time now to get into it a little more. here are the recent edits i made:

yesterday i was thinking a little bit about bumper stickers and slogans. it reminded me of this thread because i

was wondering how useful they were just as the thread discusses how useful voting actually might be.

i don't have anything against bumper stickers or slogans and alot of people are into them.. what i'm referring to

are the political ones. and again, i don't have anything against them but i see alot of them nowadays and

occasionally i've wondered about their effectiveness. maybe they do make a difference, but i'm not sure. i usually

don't even notice them or pay attention, and when i do occasionally, i'm uneffected.

kind of like listening to major politicians i guess.

as As has mentioned before, and i agree, that most or at least many politicians aren't in it because they are bad

or corrupt. i also think its, for the most part, far more different at the local and state levels, than at the

national level.

however, many of us here know that there is alot more going on. that is kind of one reason i brought bumper

stickers and slogans into this, because again, i think anyways, however good intended, and i could be wrong, we are

just spinning our wheels in the same mud and its inevitable that we start moving into another direction.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

in regards to this,
John wrote:
bus2bondi wrote:
John wrote:Find a single person on here who thinks your approach is right and I'll reconsider my position.
i apologize, but why do you need someone else who supports him in order for you to reconsider your position?
Bob claims his position needs no supporting argument but I claim that as it's not accepted anywhere (i.e the unborn don't get to vote anywhere on Earth) it can't be considered mainstream so he does need to support it with an argument. I simply meant that if other people thought he had a point then I would reconsider whether it is a proposition that should just be accepted without argument. I can't imagine anyone else defending his position on votes for the unborn and reconsidering something doesn't mean I'll automatically accept it either.
oh i get you, i understand where your coming from now. some of bob's posts led me to think some were slightly sarcastic and hinting at deeper things in various ways. i'm actually not sure if i'm right about that tho.
bus2bondi

Post by bus2bondi »

regarding this,
John wrote:
bus2bondi wrote:i don't think that anyone of them would ever go to prison for harrassment.
I dont know what you're referring to.
i apologize, i understand how that might of seemed very ambiguous to you. sorry about that. i was referring to many of our global leaders.
John

Post by John »

I just want to make it clear that I'm not arguing against the right to vote. I'm only arguing that the right of children or foetus's to vote needs to be substantiated.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

John wrote:I just want to make it clear that I'm not arguing against the right to vote. I'm only arguing that the right of children or foetus's to vote needs to be substantiated.
Should a low-IQ schizophrenic be allowed to vote, but not a brilliant 14-year-old who has graduated from a university? That's the situation that exists today.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Bill Wiltrack

Post by Bill Wiltrack »

bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:This is a known logical fallacy;

http://www.freewebs.com/thinkingstraigh ... %20Extreme
You refer to somebody's list of fallacies, but you don't even indicate which one you are referring to, which is the biggest fallacy of all -- wasting people's time.