TRUMP AHEAD?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: TRUMP AHEAD?

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:31 am
Walker wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:22 am
Nice cop out lmao. You implied I was foolish for believing it, but now that it's clear that you were being foolish, you found some clever way to cop out.

Own your foolishness.
Uh, no.

You're now supposed to say what the picture means.
Nothing foolish about that ... at least, not to a real philosopher.

Or, are you just a groupie with quips?

I thought that meaning was obvious.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Here’s a good video that gets to the gist of Trump’s latest trial by persecution.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FRRsuv6kb0

:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:17 amand not my need to believe it's real.
With that comment, what you're responding to, need not apply to specifically you.
It is not specifically your need, nor my need.

You are responding to a generalized, philosophical statement.
In a philosophical forum, you are required to respond philosophically, not personally.

It may be Sculptor's thread, but you need not follow his absurdus style of provocation.

To be philosophically appropriate and up to snuff, go back and read it again, and don't forget to describe the meaning of that picture.

:D
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:38 am
You started the conversation with insults, so it's time to man up and own your mistake. You said I was being gullible, and now that it turns out the image is real it's time for you to admit that your knee jerk response to the image, to insult the intelligence of people who think it's real, was foolish and in error. I'm not interested in your goal post moves until you do that.

I wasn't gullible for believing the image is real, you shouldn't have opened up our conversation with that, your need to think it was a fake image was actually the serious error.
Last edited by Flannel Jesus on Tue May 14, 2024 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

(continued)

Otherwise, if you don't philsophize, you're just mechanically tap-dancing to AI's mechanical beat.
Last edited by Walker on Tue May 14, 2024 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:05 am
Walker wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:38 am
You started the conversation with insults, so it's time to man up and own your mistake. You said I was being gullible, and now that it turns out the image is real it's time for you to admit that your knee jerk response to the image, to insult the intelligence of people who think it's real, was foolish and in error. I'm not interested in your goal post moves until you do that.
It looks fake.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Who cares what you think it looks like?
Walker

Post by Walker »

This is age AI, and CGI.
You should care about that.

Wake up, Einstein.

Quit dodging. What is the meaning of the picture?
Last edited by Walker on Tue May 14, 2024 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Do a bit of googling and find out if it's fake. If it's not fake, I would expect multiple independent news organizations, from all sides of the political aisle, to report on it. If it is fake, I would expect it to either only be reported on by a few low tier news organizations, or if it's being reported on by many big organisations, I would expect to see people in the news or his organisation denying its authenticity. It should be easy to find out - I invite you to try
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:11 am Do a bit of googling and find out if it's fake. If it's not fake, I would expect multiple independent news organizations, from all sides of the political aisle, to report on it. If it is fake, I would expect it to either only be reported on by a few low tier news organizations, or if it's being reported on by many big organisations, I would expect to see people in the news or his organisation denying its authenticity. It should be easy to find out - I invite you to try
- What is the philosphical meaning if it is real?
- What is the philosophical meaning if it is fake?

Can I make it any more clear concerning your philosophical obligation that goes with posting such a fake looking picture, in the age of AI?

Quit dodging and get with the program, if you care to be a philosopher.

:wink:
Walker

Post by Walker »

What you need to do to philosophize is explain the meaning of ...

Take off that hat
Raise your Right hand
And put your Left hand here

Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

"quit dodging" said the man who opened the conversation with insults and has not admitted his error, but instead has proceeded to move goal posts repeatedly.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:06 pm Image
Walker

Post by Walker »

Just responding to your fake looking picture.

You didn't even add a comment with the picture, let alone explain anything.

I'd say that leaves it up for grabs.

Did you come to see insults, or did you come to see opportunities to philosophize.

(I suggest you reference the brilliant "favourite lyrics thread.") Although, that mostly lacks commentary on the lyrics, since folks probably figure the lyrics say what needs to be said.

Shape up. Quit being so petty, so insulted, such a little person.

Be large and contain multitudes.

Show us some philosophy chops using that picture as a base.

:D
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:26 am "quit dodging" said the man who opened the conversation with insults and has not admitted his error, but instead has proceeded to move goal posts repeatedly.
As the written record shows, I have not made an error in exposing your lack of philosophical commentary, prompted with Sculptor-style provocation.

I thought we were together on that.

:|