Slow Connection or Slow Server?

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: Slow Connection or Slow Server?

Post by seeds »

phyllo wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:52 pm This site is completely screwed up.

If I try to submit a post, it tells me to log in and when I do, the post is gone.

Editing a post, I have to submit twice.
Rick and Bora are trying to come up with a solution to the slowdown that, apparently, a huge number of bots were causing by accessing the forum.

I'm guessing that the quick log off (which seems to have fixed the slowdown problem) is part of that (temporary?) solution.

Just be glad that the site is still up for us to enjoy.

For now, just always remember to copy your post before hitting preview or submit so that you can paste it back in after signing back in.
_______
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Uh-oh....

It's back: the lag time.

Or is it just me?

Also, on three occasions this morning I've encountered this: 500 Internal Server Error

Just for the record...

Over at ILP, my quotes thread has garnered about 50 views in the past week. Here, it has garnered nearly 10,000 views.

Bots?

How about contacting Carleas, the ILP administrator. Perhaps he might offer some suggestions. There are, after all, a number of members here who post on both sites. You might have to revamp the site as he did?
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

Now "Internal server error"
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

phyllo wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 10:06 pm Now "Internal server error"
Me too. But "out of the blue" it's back up.

To the best of my recollection, both ILP and PN used the phpBB forum software. Now, Carleas has switched to another format and the view counts -- bots? -- are no longer a problem. At least for now.

Start here?

https://www.google.com/search?q=phpbb+v ... s-wiz-serp

Also, this: https://www.google.com/search?q=phpbb+p ... s-wiz-serp
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Turns out that the 500 Internal Server Error pops up from time to time when you click on the Philosophy Now magazine site itself.

So, it's not just the forum? Are bots going after...everything here? :shock:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

* << ANGER MANAGEMENT CONTAINMENT AREA >> *
Last edited by attofishpi on Wed May 08, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

-
😳
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 3:02 pm
iambiguous wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:25 pm Uh-oh....

It's back: the lag time.

Or is it just me?

Also, on three occasions this morning I've encountered this: 500 Internal Server Error

Just for the record...

Over at ILP, my quotes thread has garnered about 50 views in the past week. Here, it has garnered nearly 10,000 views.

Bots?

How about contacting Carleas, the ILP administrator. Perhaps he might offer some suggestions. There are, after all, a number of members here who post on both sites. You might have to revamp the site as he did?
Y DONT U FUCK OFF BACK TO ILP THEN U DUMB TWAT- GIVE CARLEAS THE BIG BLOW JOB THAT YOU CLEARLY THINK HE DESERVES.

Ooo yes, the website just needs a "revamp" - fucking idiot. Y don't U explain what a website "revamp" entails?

PS. While yer over at ILP Y dont you tell CARLEAS how to recode the site so that it loads without massive fonts on a tablet device where it thinks people are on a teeny weeny mobile?
I'll probably never really understand how on Earth a philosophy forum derived from a reputable, respectable philosophy magazine can devolve into posts like this. And, perhaps, why they are tolerated?

Now, over at ILP, they have this thing called "the rant room". It's a place where declamatory "huffing and puffing" is permitted.

But who would expect to find "outbursts" like this on all of the other boards too?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

MagsJ wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:46 pm -
😳
What can I say, the guy gets on my tits.

He is less intellectually stimulating than a below average koala, trashing threads with his uninspired drivel-->> QUOTE OF THE DAY being a prime example.

If anyone EVER finds him posting something witty in that thread, please let me know (I love surprises).
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

* << ANGER MANAGEMENT CONTAINMENT AREA >> *
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:25 pm
MagsJ wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:46 pm -
😳
What can I say, the guy gets on my tits.

He is less intellectually stimulating than a below average koala, trashing threads with his uninspired drivel-->> QUOTE OF THE DAY being a prime example.

If anyone EVER finds him posting something witty in that thread, please let me know (I love surprises).
What's remarkable [to me] is that he actually believes this! :roll:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:33 pm Over at ILP, my quotes thread has garnered about 50 views in the past week. Here, it has garnered nearly 10,000 views.
You DONT have a "quotes thread" here!! You commandeered OUR Quote of the Day thread trashing it on a daily basis with stupid quotes from a dumb arse magazine that you then add your even stupider comments to.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 10:45 pm
iambiguous wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:33 pm Over at ILP, my quotes thread has garnered about 50 views in the past week. Here, it has garnered nearly 10,000 views.
You DONT have a "quotes thread" here!! You commandeered OUR Quote of the Day thread trashing it on a daily basis with stupid quotes from a dumb arse magazine that you then add your even stupider comments to.
As a polemicist, I take satisfaction in being able to reduce those like fish down to ebullitions of this sort.

I suspect, however, it's a "condition". And thus "beyond his control".

You know, in a free will world. :wink:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

iambiguous wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 pm
As a polemicist, I take satisfaction in being able to reduce those like fish down to ebullitions of this sort.
As a cuntycist it comes naturally to you, cunts bring out the worst in me.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

attofishpi wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:45 pm
iambiguous wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 pm

I suspect, however, it's a "condition". And thus "beyond his control".

You know, in a free will world. :wink:
As a cuntycist it comes naturally to you, cunts bring out the worst in me.
And some still wonder why I can't help but shift into entertainment mode with the fish folk here.

On the other hand, I find myself doing it less and less. Why? Because back in the day of philosophy forums like Friends of Brainstorm, the Yahoo philosophy groups, Ephilosophy, the Ponderer's Guild, cafe DC philo etc., I was able to bump into fellow polemicists who truly did challenge and educate me. Absolutely extraordinary exchanges.

Where are they now? The last I recall coming upon was phoneutria over at ILP. She was not only smart as a whip, but was particularly adept at repartee. Talk about wit!

From her to the fish folks?