Heaven and hell are not just "illusory"

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Heaven and hell are not just "illusory"

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:43 am
Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:10 am But, even if they are 'provable', neither of them proves what you are trying to say and claim about 'multiverse'.
The arithmetical multiverse is provable.
Only when very specific definitions are used, which, again, do not have to necessarily align with the actual Reality, Itself, at all.
godelian wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:43 am The physical multiverse is not.
This is just because there is no actual physical multiverse.
godelian wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:43 am I am only trying to point out the possibility of structural similarity.
But there is no possibility, at all I will again add.
godelian wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:43 am Your claim that there are no multiverses, is false, because there is an arithmetical one.
Did a so-called 'arithmetical multiverse' exist prior to human beings existing?

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:45 am
Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:15 am But you, human beings, did not 'make up' the Universe, which is what actually proves things.
It is not possible to prove anything about the physical universe.
If this is what you believe is true, then so be it.

Also, why do you use the 'physical' word here? What kind of other Universes are there, to you, exactly?
godelian wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:45 am Therefore, claiming that something is not provable about it, is an empty claim.
Okay, if you say so, but you seem to be contradicting "yourself" here, completely.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:55 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:15 am But you, human beings, did not 'make up' the Universe, which is what actually proves things.
That is not merely a personal belief. It is the standard position in the epistemology of science.

You believe that mathematics is "made up" and that it is possible to prove things about the physical universe. Your beliefs are objectively wrong.

This is the typical problem with atheists. They do not believe in God, but when you look at the precise details and consequences of what they actually do believe in, it always turns out to be complete bullshit.

It also always degenerates into an attack on the provable work of the greatest mathematician of all times, Kurt Godel, while their own understanding of mathematics is ridiculously poor.

You are not on the same level as Godel. Absolutely nobody will grant you that.

You see, someone with even half a brain would avoid arguing against the completeness and compactness theorems, but you happily do that anyway because you are so incredibly ignorant. You do not even understand completeness or compactness or why it matters, but you still know everything better.

You are utterly unable to reason at the level required and that is why you say that this level is wrong. The truth is that you cannot do it while you refuse to acknowledge that. You simply refuse to accept your own limitations.

That is very typical of atheists. An attack on Godel's work will fail, if only because you are not of his caliber.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am
Age wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:55 pm
That is not merely a personal belief. It is the standard position in the epistemology of science.
Once again, here 'we' have another who uses the, 'it is the standard position', as though this somehow makes what is claimed actually irrefutably True.

you really do need to learn how to 'argue' for your position "godelian".

The earth is in the absolute center of the Universe, the Universe began, and the Universe is expanding were all, once upon a time, 'standard positions' as well, along with many, many other positions, which all turned out to be completely False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am You believe that mathematics is "made up" and that it is possible to prove things about the physical universe. Your beliefs are objectively wrong.
Okay.

If this is what you want to believe is true.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am This is the typical problem with atheists.
But why did you even begin to believe that 'I' am an "atheist"?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am They do not believe in God, but when you look at the precise details and consequences of what they actually do believe in, it always turns out to be complete bullshit.
What do you even believe I believe in, exactly?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am It also always degenerates into an attack on the provable work of the greatest mathematician of all times, Kurt Godel, while their own understanding of mathematics is ridiculously poor.
When have I ever attacked any so-claimed 'provable work of the so-claimed 'greatest' mathematician of all time?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am You are not on the same level as Godel. Absolutely nobody will grant you that.
Okay, but to be of that level is not something at all I would ever want to be.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am You see, someone with even half a brain would avoid arguing against the completeness and compactness theorems, but you happily do that anyway because you are so incredibly ignorant.
But, I am not arguing against any such things. And, if you even thought or believed I was just shows you how little you have followed here, or how ignorant you have been here.

I have just been pointing out and showing that any belief that those theorems would ever prove that God exists and/or that they would prove that there is an actual 'multiverse' is a belief existing in absolutely insanity. And, that you are living proof of this "godelian".
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am You do not even understand completeness or compactness or why it matters, but you still know everything better.
you do not comprehend and understand that there is only this One Universe, and not 'multiverses', but I do not keep reminding the readers of this as though this makes 'me' somehow better than 'you'.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am You are utterly unable to reason at the level required and that is why you say that this level is wrong.
Are you aware that you have not really said anything at all here?

you are just saying and claiming that some maths proves God exists and that there is an 'arithematical multiverse', which, obviously, says nothing at all really.

Obviously, you have not provided any maths that proves God exists, nor have you shown any maths that shows and proves that there is an actual 'multiverse' and not this One Universe.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am The truth is that you cannot do it while you refuse to acknowledge that. You simply refuse to accept your own limitations.
Okay, if you say so. But some are seeing you doing this exact same very thing "yourself" here "godelian".
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:07 am That is very typical of atheists. An attack on Godel's work will fail, if only because you are not of his caliber.
But no one has to be of the so-called 'caliber' of "godel" to know that what you are trying to claim here is just the stuff of pure insanity.

you keep proving this over and over again.

Now, if you want to keep claiming that "godel's" work aligns with some claim that there is a 'multiverse' and not a 'Universe' and/or that "godel's" work will prove that God exists, then by all means keep claiming this.

But, until you actual prove what you claim, do not be too surprised if some see you as being completely deluded here.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:16 am Now, if you want to keep claiming that "godel's" work aligns with some claim that there is a 'multiverse' and not a 'Universe' and/or that "godel's" work will prove that God exists, then by all means keep claiming this.
Godel's work is mathematical.

So, it is not about the physical universe. Any mapping with the physical universe cannot be provable, if only, because absolutely nothing about the physical universe is provable.

Concerning the arithmetical multiverse, yes, Godel's work makes it inevitable, unavoidable, and incontrovertible:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-sta ... arithmetic

Non-standard model of arithmetic

In mathematical logic, a non-standard model of arithmetic is a model of first-order Peano arithmetic that contains non-standard numbers.

Existence

There are several methods that can be used to prove the existence of non-standard models of arithmetic.

- From the compactness theorem
- From the incompleteness theorems
Gödel's incompleteness theorems also imply the existence of non-standard models of arithmetic.
-From an ultraproduct
Concerning "godel's" work will prove that God exists,":
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6 ... ical_proof

Gödel's ontological proof

Gödel's ontological proof is a formal argument by the mathematician Kurt Gödel (1906–1978) for the existence of God.
So, yes, I claim that Godel's work inevitably leads to the existence of an arithmetical multiverse and that Godel has indeed produced an ontological proof. What exactly would I have invented there? It obviously does not matter what evidence I stuff into your face, because you will still deny it.

So, now you refuse to acknowledge the existence of Godel's work. The entire planet could tell you that Godel's work really exists, but you will still deny it.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:16 am But no one has to be of the so-called 'caliber' of "godel" to know that what you are trying to claim here is just the stuff of pure insanity.
“The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”
― Stephen Hawking

The easier it is for you to call other people insane, the more evidence you produce for your own lack of intelligence. Do I call you insane? No, I would never do that, because that would make me dumb and you intelligent. So, now you understand that according to the late Stephen Hawking, you can only be dumb as fuck.

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am
Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:16 am Now, if you want to keep claiming that "godel's" work aligns with some claim that there is a 'multiverse' and not a 'Universe' and/or that "godel's" work will prove that God exists, then by all means keep claiming this.
Godel's work is mathematical.

So, it is not about the physical universe. Any mapping with the physical universe cannot be provable, if only, because absolutely nothing about the physical universe is provable.
So why talk about 'godel's work' as though it had some relation here?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am Concerning the arithmetical multiverse, yes, Godel's work makes it inevitable, unavoidable, and incontrovertible:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-sta ... arithmetic

Non-standard model of arithmetic

In mathematical logic, a non-standard model of arithmetic is a model of first-order Peano arithmetic that contains non-standard numbers.

Existence

There are several methods that can be used to prove the existence of non-standard models of arithmetic.

- From the compactness theorem
- From the incompleteness theorems
Gödel's incompleteness theorems also imply the existence of non-standard models of arithmetic.
-From an ultraproduct
Concerning "godel's" work will prove that God exists,":
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6 ... ical_proof

Gödel's ontological proof

Gödel's ontological proof is a formal argument by the mathematician Kurt Gödel (1906–1978) for the existence of God.
But, and very, very obviously, it is not a sound and valid argument.

Therefore, it is not even worth talking about and repeating here.

godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am So, yes, I claim that Godel's work inevitably leads to the existence of an arithmetical multiverse
So, is this all you want to claim here regarding 'multiverse'?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am and that Godel has indeed produced an ontological proof.
Obviously this is just an opinion of yours, which you believe and hold to be absolutely true.

But anyway that one human being has not proved that God exists.

Which, by the way, is a Truly very simple and easy thing to do anyway.

But, you cannot comprehend and understand this, what with your 'currently' held onto belief/s here.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am What exactly would I have invented there? It obviously does not matter what evidence I stuff into your face, because you will still deny it.
If only you knew "godelian". If only you knew.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am So, now you refuse to acknowledge the existence of Godel's work.
See how these human beings would 'see' things, which never even existed, solely because of the belief that they 'currently' had and were holding onto?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:51 am The entire planet could tell you that Godel's work really exists, but you will still deny it.
Really?

Is this what you have, really, 'now' come to believe is true?

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am
Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 4:16 am But no one has to be of the so-called 'caliber' of "godel" to know that what you are trying to claim here is just the stuff of pure insanity.
“The thing about smart people is that they seem like crazy people to dumb people.”
― Stephen Hawking
Is that why "stephen hawking" appeared to be a "smart person" to so many of you people, in the days when this was being written?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am The easier it is for you to call other people insane, the more evidence you produce for your own lack of intelligence.
Really?

In regards to what, exactly?

Just about every one of your assumptions and presumptions above here 'about me' have been completely and utterly Wrong.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am Do I call you insane?
Did I call you insane?

Obviously not.
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am No, I would never do that, because that would make me dumb and you intelligent.
If you think that all it takes to make you dumb and the other intelligent, then so be it. But are you sure that that is actually correct?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 5:47 am So, now you understand that according to the late Stephen Hawking, you can only be dumb as fuck.
LOL you say some of the funniest things "godelian".

For absolutely anyone who believes that there is a multiverse or that the Universe began, and/or expands, then for them to consider 'me' 'dumb as fuck', as you call and name 'it', then this absolutely perfectly fine, and understandable, with me.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am So why talk about 'godel's work' as though it had some relation here?
If Gödel's incompleteness applies to the physical universe, then first of all, it explains why it is partially predictable and partially unpredictable. The late Stephen Hawking believed that Gödel's incompleteness applies to the physical universe:
https://www.hawking.org.uk/in-words/lec ... of-physics

What is the relation between Godel’s theorem and whether we can formulate the theory of the universe in terms of a finite number of principles? One connection is obvious. According to the positivist philosophy of science, a physical theory is a mathematical model. So if there are mathematical results that can not be proved, there are physical problems that can not be predicted.

In the standard positivist approach to the philosophy of science, physical theories live rent free in a Platonic heaven of ideal mathematical models. That is, a model can be arbitrarily detailed and can contain an arbitrary amount of information without affecting the universes they describe. But we are not angels, who view the universe from the outside. Instead, we and our models are both part of the universe we are describing. Thus a physical theory is self referencing, like in Godel’s theorem. One might therefore expect it to be either inconsistent or incomplete. The theories we have so far are both inconsistent and incomplete.
Now, why exactly does Gödel's incompleteness apply to a system? Because this system is part of a multiverse in which nonstandard universes subtly influence the standard one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-stand ... arithmetic

From the incompleteness theorems

Gödel's incompleteness theorems also imply the existence of non-standard models of arithmetic. The incompleteness theorems show that a particular sentence G, the Gödel sentence of Peano arithmetic, is neither provable nor disprovable in Peano arithmetic. By the completeness theorem, this means that G is false in some model of Peano arithmetic. However, G is true in the standard model of arithmetic, and therefore any model in which G is false must be a non-standard model.
Hence, since the late Hawking believed that Gödel's incompleteness theorem applies to the physical universe, he implicitly also believed that it was part of a multiverse containing numerous nonstandard physical universes that subtly influence the standard physical universe.

Therefore, Gödel's incompleteness theorem is key to the structure of the physical universe. If it applies, a whole slew of other consequences kick in.

The problem is that I can explain all of this, over and over again, but it does not seem to sink into your dumb skull. Gödel's work is clearly key to the notion of multiverse. I keep repeating to you why exactly but then you ask again some stupid question, from which it becomes patently clear that you did not understand a word from the explanation. But then again, your spectacular inability to learn will not stop you from knowing everything better!
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:37 am Is that why "stephen hawking" appeared to be a "smart person" to so many of you people, in the days when this was being written?
Stephen Hawking was a smart person. His work on black hole radiation is very solid.
https://as.cornell.edu/news/hawkings-bl ... -confirmed

== Hawking’s black hole theorem observationally confirmed ==

Fifty years later, physicists at Cornell, MIT and elsewhere have confirmed Hawking's area theorem for the first time, using observations of gravitational waves. Their results appeared in Physical Review Letters on July 1.

In the study, the researchers take a closer look at GW150914, the first gravitational wave signal detected by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO), in 2015, which was confirmed using a theoretical model developed at Cornell. The signal was a product of two inspiraling black holes that merged to produce a new black hole, along with a huge amount of energy that rippled across space-time as gravitational waves.

“The idea that you could actually test Hawking’s Area Theorem seems crazy,” said Saul Teukolsky, the Hans Bethe Professor of Physics in the College of Arts and Sciences and a co-author of the paper. “You have to go out somewhere and find some black holes, measure their areas and add them up, then come back later when they’ve merged and measure the area of the final black hole. Luckily, this is something we can do by analyzing the gravitational waves the system emits.”

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:09 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:30 am So why talk about 'godel's work' as though it had some relation here?
If Gödel's incompleteness applies to the physical universe, then first of all, it explains why it is partially predictable and partially unpredictable. The late Stephen Hawking believed that Gödel's incompleteness applies to the physical universe:
https://www.hawking.org.uk/in-words/lec ... of-physics

What is the relation between Godel’s theorem and whether we can formulate the theory of the universe in terms of a finite number of principles? One connection is obvious. According to the positivist philosophy of science, a physical theory is a mathematical model. So if there are mathematical results that can not be proved, there are physical problems that can not be predicted.

In the standard positivist approach to the philosophy of science, physical theories live rent free in a Platonic heaven of ideal mathematical models. That is, a model can be arbitrarily detailed and can contain an arbitrary amount of information without affecting the universes they describe. But we are not angels, who view the universe from the outside. Instead, we and our models are both part of the universe we are describing. Thus a physical theory is self referencing, like in Godel’s theorem. One might therefore expect it to be either inconsistent or incomplete. The theories we have so far are both inconsistent and incomplete.
Now, why exactly does Gödel's incompleteness apply to a system? Because this system is part of a multiverse in which nonstandard universes subtly influence the standard one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-stand ... arithmetic

From the incompleteness theorems

Gödel's incompleteness theorems also imply the existence of non-standard models of arithmetic. The incompleteness theorems show that a particular sentence G, the Gödel sentence of Peano arithmetic, is neither provable nor disprovable in Peano arithmetic. By the completeness theorem, this means that G is false in some model of Peano arithmetic. However, G is true in the standard model of arithmetic, and therefore any model in which G is false must be a non-standard model.
Hence, since the late Hawking believed that Gödel's incompleteness theorem applies to the physical universe, he implicitly also believed that it was part of a multiverse containing numerous nonstandard physical universes that subtly influence the standard physical universe.

Therefore, Gödel's incompleteness theorem is key to the structure of the physical universe. If it applies, a whole slew of other consequences kick in.

The problem is that I can explain all of this, over and over again, but it does not seem to sink into your dumb skull. Gödel's work is clearly key to the notion of multiverse. I keep repeating to you why exactly but then you ask again some stupid question, from which it becomes patently clear that you did not understand a word from the explanation. But then again, your spectacular inability to learn will not stop you from knowing everything better!
What you do not seem to be comprehending and understanding here "godelian" is that, by definition, the One and only Universe can never ever be within a multiverse.

Why do you not comprehend and understand this irrefutable Fact?

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:16 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:37 am Is that why "stephen hawking" appeared to be a "smart person" to so many of you people, in the days when this was being written?
Stephen Hawking was a smart person. His work on black hole radiation is very solid.
Some human beings who build houses are also so-called 'smart people'. Their work is very solid, as well.

But again, so what?
godelian wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:16 pm
https://as.cornell.edu/news/hawkings-bl ... -confirmed

== Hawking’s black hole theorem observationally confirmed ==

Fifty years later, physicists at Cornell, MIT and elsewhere have confirmed Hawking's area theorem for the first time, using observations of gravitational waves. Their results appeared in Physical Review Letters on July 1.

In the study, the researchers take a closer look at GW150914, the first gravitational wave signal detected by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO), in 2015, which was confirmed using a theoretical model developed at Cornell. The signal was a product of two inspiraling black holes that merged to produce a new black hole, along with a huge amount of energy that rippled across space-time as gravitational waves.

“The idea that you could actually test Hawking’s Area Theorem seems crazy,” said Saul Teukolsky, the Hans Bethe Professor of Physics in the College of Arts and Sciences and a co-author of the paper. “You have to go out somewhere and find some black holes, measure their areas and add them up, then come back later when they’ve merged and measure the area of the final black hole. Luckily, this is something we can do by analyzing the gravitational waves the system emits.”
So what?

There is only One Universe. There are no universes nor multiverses.

Just like there is only One Mind. There are no minds nor human minds.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:58 am What you do not seem to be comprehending and understanding here "godelian" is that, by definition, the One and only Universe can never ever be within a multiverse. Why do you not comprehend and understand this irrefutable Fact?
You do not even try to refute my arguments. Instead, you merely keep repeating your own views. That is not a debate, is it?

Post by Age »

godelian wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:24 am
Age wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:58 am What you do not seem to be comprehending and understanding here "godelian" is that, by definition, the One and only Universe can never ever be within a multiverse. Why do you not comprehend and understand this irrefutable Fact?
You do not even try to refute my arguments.
I do not have to. your so-called 'arguments' refute themselves, in regards to the theory that there exists a 'multiverse' made up of universes.

you are doing 'my refuting', for me.

The more you write the more you contradict "yourself", and thus the more you refute your own so-called 'arguments' here.
godelian wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:24 am Instead, you merely keep repeating your own views. That is not a debate, is it?
1. I do not do 'debate'.

2. I keep repeating the irrefutable Fact that there is One Universe, only, and that there is no a 'multiverse' instead, because you appear to keep missing this irrefutable Fact here.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Age wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 4:08 am I do not have to. your so-called 'arguments' refute themselves, in regards to the theory that there exists a 'multiverse' made up of universes.
The multiverse hypothesis is not particularly new. In fact, there are also quite a few theories in physics that also subscribe to the idea:
https://www.britannica.com/science/multiverse

multiverse, a hypothetical collection of potentially diverse observable universes, each of which would comprise everything that is experimentally accessible by a connected community of observers. The observable known universe, which is accessible to telescopes, is about 90 billion light-years across. However, this universe would constitute just a small or even infinitesimal subset of the multiverse. The multiverse idea has arisen in many versions, primarily in cosmology, quantum mechanics, and philosophy, and often asserts the actual physical existence of different potential configurations or histories of the known observable universe.

One useful way to classify multiverse models is by the degree to which the universes proposed by the model are connected—that is, by the degree to which they are part of a single system described by a well-defined physical and mathematical framework, generally with a common origin and possibly even interacting with one another.

The most well-developed model of a multiverse of proliferating space-times is based on the idea of cosmological inflation. Inflation is a hypothetical process of the early universe in which space-time would have expanded exponentially at a much faster rate than at present.

Because the concept of inflation has both good theoretical justification and observational support and because the process of generating new universes through inflation is based on reasonably well-understood physics, this model of the multiverse has gained far more prominence than previous ideas. The inflationary multiverse is also fairly connected, in that all the universes would inhabit the same space-time and interactions between neighbouring universes might, in principle, produce observable effects.
The difference with the above is that I use arguments from mathematics and not from physics.

What exactly refutes itself, according to you? You do not seem to be particularly capable of justifying your views.