Going 50/50

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: Going 50/50

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:27 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:01 pm Yeah, but when women anywhere (West or East - doesn't matter) demand equal rights
What exactly is it that a man is allowed to do that a woman is not?
Is there really even one law that favors men over women?
On your world-view? Put family second to economic freedom, apparently.
godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:27 pm Everybody can work, trade, or run businesses online. What economic freedom do I have that other people don't have?
On your world-view? The freedom to put that sort of stuff above family, apparently.
godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:27 pm That's like saying that factories who relocate to Vietnam "are running away". What's wrong with going where you are treated best?
It's nothing like that.

What I am saying is exactly what I am saying. it's not like anything else.

You are moving to conservative countries where women lack the economic freedoms you enjoy. Places where you can find women who are not raised to have your kind of aspirations. Women who have been well groomed to give up their time raising your kids; while you give up your time making money.

Because you know damn well you can't raise the kids even if she made all the money.
Last edited by Skepdick on Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:37 am
Women get romantic notions.

Annie languidly explains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z2dXfSHw-c
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:24 pm
Harbal wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:03 pm Well I haven't renounced it completely.
There are certainly serious legal risks.
I suppose there would be if I were planning on doing something illegal.
Harbal wrote:I wouldn't say that. My last encounter wasn't too frightening.
That is what Julian Assange also initially thought.
I bet the women he sexually assaulted didn't think it.
I don't need to worry about any of that in SE Asia.
Good for you. I am fortunate in not having to worry about it and still be able to live somewhere civilised.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:46 pm You are moving to conservative countries where women lack the economic freedoms you enjoy.
You don't know what you are talking about. These women can own land and houses over here. As a foreigner, I cannot. They can get government jobs over here. As a foreigner, I cannot. And so on. Having local citizenship puts these women at a very tangible advantage over a foreigner. Seriously, you've got it completely wrong. Legally, these women have MORE rights than I do. If I still make much more money than many of the locals, men or women, that is not because the local law discriminates in my favor. It is, in fact, exactly the other way around.

I have always made much more money that the locals in the West. That is why it is the same over here. The local law may discriminate against me as a foreigner but it is still vastly preferable than in the West because it does not create all these unnecessary risks. There is no risk of divorce-rape or income-tax-rape over here, because they don't do that with the locals either. Over here, there is no complete legal terror regime like in the West. That is why I like it here much better.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:03 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:46 pm You are moving to conservative countries where women lack the economic freedoms you enjoy.
You don't know what you are talking about. These women can own land and houses over here. As a foreigner, I cannot. They can get government jobs over here. As a foreigner, I cannot. And so on. Having local citizenship puts these women at a very tangible advantage over a foreigner. Seriously, you've got it completely wrong. Legally, these women have MORE rights than I do. If I still make much more money than many of the locals, men or women, that is not because the local law discriminates in my favor. It is, in fact, exactly the other way around.

I have always made much more money that the locals in the West. That is why it is the same over here. The local law may discriminate against me as a foreigner but it is still vastly preferable than in the West because it does not create all these unnecessary risks. There is no risk of divorce-rape or income-tax-rape over here, because they don't do that with the locals either. Over here, there is no complete legal terror regime like in the West. That is why I like it here much better.
Idiot. We aren't talking only about material ownership.

What about time ownership?

How one chooses to invest one's time.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Harbal wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 pm
Harbal wrote:I wouldn't say that. My last encounter wasn't too frightening.
That is what Julian Assange also initially thought.
She wasn't assaulted. She did not go on her initiative to the police. She was invited to come and talk about Julian Assange because he was under surveillance by the Swedish police for political reasons. They had received instructions to do that.

The Swedish police wanted to know how the night went, what they had done, whether they had had sex, what Assange had said, what he had eaten, who he had spoken to, and so on. The police just kept on fishing until they could reconstruct a possible "offense" from what she had said.

The Swedish police "informally" talked to everybody, man or woman, who had spoken for more than 5 minutes with Julian Assange. It wasn't just about sex. They were looking for anything. They were not holding anything against Assange. They were still looking for something to hold against him.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:12 pm
Harbal wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 pm
godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:24 pmThat is what Julian Assange also initially thought.
She wasn't assaulted. She did not go on her initiative to the police. She was invited to come and talk about Julian Assange because he was under surveillance by the Swedish police for political reasons. They had received instructions to do that.

The Swedish police wanted to know how the night went, what they had done, whether they had had sex, what Assange had said, what he had eaten, who he had spoken to, and so on. The police just kept on fishing until they could reconstruct a possible "offense" from what she had said.

The Swedish police "informally" talked to everybody, man or woman, who had spoken for more than 5 minutes with Julian Assange. It wasn't just about sex. They were looking for anything. They were not holding anything against Assange. They were still looking for something to hold against him.
And you think because The Big Bad West went after Assange using sex as its attack vector they are out to get you because of your sexual exploits?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:03 pm I have always made much more money that the locals in the West. That is why it is the same over here. The local law may discriminate against me as a foreigner but it is still vastly preferable than in the West because it does not create all these unnecessary risks. There is no risk of divorce-rape or income-tax-rape over here, because they don't do that with the locals either. Over here, there is no complete legal terror regime like in the West. That is why I like it here much better.
You value money-making, but you want your woman to value home-making.
You literally left the West because you don't want women to put economic success above family.

You refuse to make those two things equivalent by paying your stay-at-home wife half of everything you earn; you refuse to share the capital you've amassed while you play businessman and she plays housewife; and you fucking hate the "Legal Terror" which makes you compensate women for the opportunity cost of being home-makers instead of money-makers.

Because you think womens' time is worth less than yours.

Bring me my irony-hammer...
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:22 pm And you think because The Big Bad West went after Assange using sex as its attack vector they are out to get you because of your sexual exploits?
It is not just Julian Assange. Another example is Dominique Strauss-Kahn who had to be eliminated as a candidate from the French presidential elections. So, he found himself suddenly accused of sexual assault in New York. The woman knocked on the door, tried to get into his room, but apparently he managed to close the door before she could get inside. He thought that he was getting robbed. There was even camera footage of the event. The New York police still arrested him, turned the whole thing into a big scandal, and then a month later, when he canceled his participation in the elections, the New York police dropped the charges because the entire story was simply too ridiculous.

Everything is a "sexual exploit" even if it isn't one. It is a wholesale legal terror regime. It is not just the completely real divorce-rape of dozens of millions of men. It is an entire spiderweb of easily exploitable western shit laws. Having sex in the West, is an accident waiting to happen. Even not having sex can be dangerous, because it can still lead to a myriad of false accusations. You can never "prove" that it is not true, because the western shit laws are vague enough that it is always true.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:36 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:22 pm And you think because The Big Bad West went after Assange using sex as its attack vector they are out to get you because of your sexual exploits?
It is not just Julian Assange. Another example is Dominique Strauss-Kahn who had to be eliminated as a candidate from the French presidential elections. So, he found himself suddenly accused of sexual assault in New York. The woman knocked on the door, tried to get into his room, but apparently he managed to close the door before she could get inside. He thought that he was getting robbed. There was even camera footage of the event. The New York police still arrested him, turned the whole thing into a big scandal, and then a month later, when he canceled his participation in the elections, the New York police dropped the charges because the entire story was simply too ridiculous.

Everything is a "sexual exploit" even if it isn't one. It is a wholesale legal terror regime. It is not just the completely real divorce-rape of dozens of millions of men. It is an entire spiderweb of easily exploitable western shit laws. Having sex in the West, is an accident waiting to happen. Even not having sex can be dangerous, because it can still lead to a myriad of false accusations. You can never "prove" that it is not true, because the western shit laws are vague enough that it is always true.
All laws are easily exploited with sufficient political capital and with sufficient political will.

I still don't understand why you think your kind of exploits would ever fall under the spotlight of political warfare.

Who would waste their political capital on you?
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:38 pm Who would waste their political capital on you?
It is obviously always better to keep low profile, as much as you can. The more money you have, the more you become an possible target for a legal attack. So, you have to carefully hide how much you have. That is actually much easier in SE Asia because nobody, including the government, has ever asked me how much have, how much I make, and so on. The first line of defense is to make sure that nobody knows anything about your finances.

Lots of money can only be extracted and exacted from people who have it.

I know an Australian, who owns a bar with restaurant. He owns quite a few businesses, houses, and other assets back in Australia. People knew about that. So, one day the inevitable happened. False accusations, including sexual ones, because those are indeed the easiest ones that actually stick. Lots of legal skirmishes. The only way to stop the snowball from rolling was to pay everybody off.

In the West, I do not want to deal with an ex-wife or an ex-girlfriend. It is just not worth it.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:56 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:38 pm Who would waste their political capital on you?
It is obviously always better to keep low profile, as much as you can. The more money you have, the more you become an possible target for a legal attack. So, you have to carefully hide how much you have. That is actually much easier in SE Asia because nobody, including the government, has ever asked me how much have, how much I make, and so on. The first line of defense is to make sure that nobody knows anything about your finances.

Lots of money can only be extracted and exacted from people who have it.

I know an Australian, who owns a bar with restaurant. He owns quite a few businesses, houses, and other assets back in Australia. People knew about that. So, one day the inevitable happened. False accusations, including sexual ones, because those are indeed the easiest ones that actually stick. Lots of legal skirmishes. The only way to stop the snowball from rolling was to pay everybody off.

In the West, I do not want to deal with an ex-wife or an ex-girlfriend. It is just not worth it.
You sound like a capitalist wannabe.

Bribing people to leave you alone isn't even in your business model. That's just lobbying, n00b.

That's why every black market "operator", and shady billionaires want protection under the law.

It's much, much cheaper than playing by jungle rules.
godelian

Post by godelian »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm You sound like a capitalist wannabe.

Bribing people to leave you alone isn't even in your business model. That's just lobbying, n00b.

That's why every black market "operator", and shady billionaires want protection under the law.

The online world is a jungle but I find it very doable. I have never needed "protection under the law". What law would it even be? Counterparts are pretty much always from different countries. What country even has jurisdiction in those circumstances? So, no, I do not desire Statist mafia protection.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

godelian wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:14 pm
Skepdick wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:08 pm You sound like a capitalist wannabe.

The online world is a jungle but I find it very doable. I have never needed "protection under the law". What law would it even be? Counterparts are pretty much always from different countries. What country even has jurisdiction in those circumstances? So, no, I do not desire Statist mafia protection.
Yeah, that's the song&dance all the crypto bros used to sing. The blockchain is law!

Till their crypto moves to somebody else's wallet because 0-day exploit.

Then they wanted an "undo" function.

What do you mean by "theft", you assholes? You undefined it!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

A true godelian anarcho-capitalist expat in SE Asia. I knew they existed, I jus never knew one.