Heaven and hell are not just "illusory"

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

godelian

Re: Heaven and hell are not just "illusory"

Post by godelian »

Atla wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:39 pm
godelian wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm The only ontology that requires true "insight", is the Platonic one.
Like religion huh
Religion does not make use of mathematics. The reason why is simple. If it did, most people would not understand it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

godelian wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:46 pm
godelian wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:33 pm The only ontology that requires true "insight", is the Platonic one.
Like religion huh
Religion does not make use of mathematics. The reason why is simple. If it did, most people would not understand it.
I agree with Age's point that if there is a "multiverse" then the totality of all multiverses is, by definition, the universe. Even a dumb "hick" like me isn't as stupid as you are. What a joke. Spend all your life studying abstractions of math and you can't even see what's in front of your eyes.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:23 pm
Like religion huh
I agree with Age's point that if there is a "multiverse" then the totality of all multiverses is, by definition, the universe. Even a dumb "hick" like me isn't as stupid as you are. What a joke. Spend all your life studying abstractions of math and you can't even see what's in front of your eyes.
Why the hell would you agree with Age's point. In a multiverse topic, by definition the totality of all multiverses is not the universe.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:27 pm
Why the hell would you agree with Age's point. In a multiverse topic, by definition the totality of all multiverses is not the universe.
Because the "multiverse" is a bunch of nonsensical sophistry. It's a joke theory. It can't even get its terminology straight.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

Because the "multiverse" is a bunch of nonsensical sophistry. It's a joke of a theory. It can't even get its terminology straight.
There's nothing wrong with the terminology, it's just not compatible with the old definition of universe.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm
Because the "multiverse" is a bunch of nonsensical sophistry. It's a joke of a theory. It can't even get its terminology straight.
There's nothing wrong with the terminology, it's just not compatible with the old definition of universe.
There is no "old" definition of "universe". The universe has been much the same since the beginning of human civilization. The "multiverse" theory isn't even incorrect, it's nonsense. It's the equivalent of a pseudo-scientific cult.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:37 pm

There is no "old" definition of "universe". The universe has been much the same since the beginning of human civilization. The "multiverse" theory isn't even incorrect, it's nonsense.
Yes there is an "old" definition of "universe", at least when it comes to multiverse theories. Deal with it. :)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 pm
There is no "old" definition of "universe". The universe has been much the same since the beginning of human civilization. The "multiverse" theory isn't even incorrect, it's nonsense.
Yes there is an "old" definition of "universe", at least when it comes to multiverse theories. Deal with it. :)
There's the universe and the universe is by definition everything. Multiverse nonsense is a stupid fad. They can't even prove there is a multiverse. What nonsense. If that's what you want to believe, knock yourself out. Let me know when you start levitating rocks and speaking in tongues.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:46 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:39 pm

There's the universe and the universe is by definition everything. Multiverse nonsense is a stupid fad. They can't even prove there is a multiverse. What nonsense. If that's what you want to believe, knock yourself out. Let me know when you start levitating rocks and speaking in tongues.
Of course it can't be proven, it's not something to "believe" in. Just fuck off
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:47 pm Just fuck off
Poor thing. Whatever you want, dude.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 pm
Not considering hypothetical extensions to the world we see, is the end of philosophy, but of course idiots like this one don't even understand this much
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:56 pm
Not considering hypothetical extensions to the world we see, is the end of philosophy, but of course idiots like this one don't even understand this much
I'm sure you're not an idiot. You're probably very intelligent. You just need to get terminology straight. And it's not your fault. So don't be hard on yourself.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:58 pm

I'm sure you're not an idiot. You're probably very intelligent. You just need to get terminology straight. And it's not your fault. So don't be hard on yourself.
In multiverse topics, "universe" doesn't mean absolutely everything. Which part of this escapes your understanding?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm
In multiverse topics, "universe" doesn't mean absolutely everything. Which part of this escapes your understanding?
Then what do you call everything? Just "everything"?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:00 pm

Then what do you call everything? Just "everything"?
Usually, everything = multiverse.