Sex and the Religious-Left

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Sex and the Religious-Left

Post by Atla »

(Fun fact: Jung was a bigger genius than you guys think, his mistake was not delving into the details of Astrology and figuring out which ~30% of it is real and which ~70% of it is BS.)
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Physio-philosophically, we just went through an enactment and rehearsal corresponding to a burp or a hiccup.

Next, flatulence is predicted, but usually things clear up thereafter.

Marina in Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya:
The geese have cackled but will be still again. First they cackle, then they stop …
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Atla wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm
I'm not even sure that if Trump had a firm grasp of the Deep State, he wouldn't try to become its mafia boss instead of opposing it. Mayber he'd find it an amazing invention.
Coincidentally there is an article in today’s NYTs where they make an effort to locate those embedded functionaries, interview them, find out what interests and hobbies they have.
As America closes in on a major election, mistrust is brewing around the mysterious government entity that’s now denounced in scary-sounding terms — “the deep state” and “the swamp.” What do those words even mean? Who exactly do they describe?

We went on a road trip to find out. As we met the Americans who are being dismissed as public enemies, we discovered that they are … us. They like Taylor Swift. They dance bachata. They go to bed at night watching “Star Trek” reruns. They go to work and do their jobs: saving us from Armageddon.

Sure, our tax dollars pay them, but as you’ll see in the video above, what a return on our investment we get!

When we hear “deep state,” instead of recoiling, we should rally. We should think about the workers otherwise known as our public servants, the everyday superheroes who wake up ready to dedicate their careers and their lives to serving us. These are the Americans we employ. Even though their work is often invisible, it makes our lives better.

But if Donald Trump is re-elected and enacts Schedule F, that could change. He would have the power to eviscerate the so-called deep state and replace our public servants with people who work for him, not us.

In the video above, you’ll meet a few of our hard-working American public servants, and we hope you’ll agree that they’re not scary at all. In fact, they’re kind of awesome.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:45 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:34 pm
I'm not even sure that if Trump had a firm grasp of the Deep State, he wouldn't try to become its mafia boss instead of opposing it. Mayber he'd find it an amazing invention.
Coincidentally there is an article in today’s NYTs where they make an effort to locate those embedded functionaries, interview them, find out what interests and hobbies they have.
As America closes in on a major election, mistrust is brewing around the mysterious government entity that’s now denounced in scary-sounding terms — “the deep state” and “the swamp.” What do those words even mean? Who exactly do they describe?

We went on a road trip to find out. As we met the Americans who are being dismissed as public enemies, we discovered that they are … us. They like Taylor Swift. They dance bachata. They go to bed at night watching “Star Trek” reruns. They go to work and do their jobs: saving us from Armageddon.

Sure, our tax dollars pay them, but as you’ll see in the video above, what a return on our investment we get!

When we hear “deep state,” instead of recoiling, we should rally. We should think about the workers otherwise known as our public servants, the everyday superheroes who wake up ready to dedicate their careers and their lives to serving us. These are the Americans we employ. Even though their work is often invisible, it makes our lives better.

But if Donald Trump is re-elected and enacts Schedule F, that could change. He would have the power to eviscerate the so-called deep state and replace our public servants with people who work for him, not us.

In the video above, you’ll meet a few of our hard-working American public servants, and we hope you’ll agree that they’re not scary at all. In fact, they’re kind of awesome.
They should have added that "this ad was paid by the real deep state".
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 pm
The geese have cackled but will be still again. First they cackle, then they stop …
Sounds like an excellent read. :?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Really, can even one of you nerdish ingrates dance the Bachata?!?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Harbal wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:59 pm Sounds like an excellent read. :?
Chekhov is on another level from Ibsen. I hoped to elevate Dubes by the power of my will — I do bend spoons — but he cannot be moved sad as that is.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

C’mon, this is classic!
They like Taylor Swift. They dance bachata. They go to bed at night watching “Star Trek” reruns. They go to work and do their jobs: saving us from Armageddon.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Imma show you guys how mass manipulation works, case study: Moon landings.

Is the official story true, or didn't we actually go to the Moon?

Supporters of the official story have lots of arguments: impossible for hundreds of thousands of people working on the program to all lie, we have the Moon rocks, we photographed the landing sites, we have mirrors on the Moon, the missions were tracked by other countries etc.

The conspiracy theorists also have lots of arguments: impossible to pull off all these missions without any astronauts dying using such primitive tech, countless fake looking footages, humans can't pass the Van Allen belt, NASA "lost" the original footage, Moon rocks were faked, astronauts behaving oddly after returning etc.

Books are written in support of one camp or the other, documentaries are made, debates, arguments, counterarguments, debunking, debunking of debunking etc. More and more people are involved. Each camp comes to the conclusion that the other camp is insane.

So then we are put into this situation and we have to do our own research to figure out for ourselves, which camp could be right. It's a daunting task, because at every step of the journey we are being brainwashed with tons of false information, and some people just give up. It's as if there were people on both sides who did their campaigning for a living, but whom should we believe?

And so the masses have been thoroughly brainwashed.. but not at the end, but here: Is the official story true, or didn't we actually go to the Moon?

Those were two uninteresting, probably bollocks positions all along, and they made us choose one or the other. In order to hide what's between them, to manipulate the vast majority of people into not wondering about what's between them. Because the truth is probably buried somewhere in between. So the "deep state" probably pours a lot of money into both camps they created. (Which I incidentally don't mind, as beating the Soviets in the Space Race is a noble achievement, even if it wasn't done entirely honestly.)
Last edited by Atla on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

For All Mankind
And in this respect, For All Mankind is peerless. This is one of the most overwhelmingly sensuous nonfiction films ever made, a garden of unearthly delights. You watch astronauts floating in the zero-gravity cabin of their command module, listening to Buck Owens and Merle Haggard, see them gazing back at the receding earth and then at the looming moon through the total, terrifying, weirdly beautiful blackness of empty space. They kid around or they focus on their many, many technical tasks, and sometimes they exclaim in awe at what they’re witnessing, a stark, eloquent “Wow” or something like; at other times they are silent. When they’re on the moon, bouncing uncertainly in its ancient gray dust, they look, in their bulky space suits, unreasonably happy, like bundled-up kids romping awkwardly in winter’s first big snowfall. A couple of them even break into song: “I was walking on the moon one day, in the merry, merry month of”—well, they can’t quite agree on what month it is, but what does time matter on the moon? In Houston, men in geeky glasses and ill-fitting shirts smoke and sweat and stare anxiously at computer screens, bearing down hard, except in those few, short moments when some tricky part of the mission has been negotiated successfully; then they can relax and, if the spirit moves them, let out a small whoop of joy.

What For All Mankind brings back from the moon is as real and tangible as a chunk of rock, but unmeasurable: a comically pure sense of the thrill of discovery, the nearly erotic shock of the new. For despite the daunting technical complexity of the Apollo program, despite the decidedly mixed political motives that set it in motion and the financial motives that helped keep it going, the human emotions and sensations this movie takes pains to reveal (and convey to the viewer) are basic, unadulterated, all but primitive—this great effort of will producing, in the spacemen themselves, feelings that are spontaneous, unmediated, innocent of will. For All Mankind is, in its way, a romantic vision of a sort that was popular in the late sixties, though rarely associated with the straight-arrow “establishment” that brought off Apollo. We all, Houston or Woodstock, wanted to get back to the garden.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 pm Physio-philosophically, we just went through an enactment and rehearsal corresponding to a burp or a hiccup.

Next, flatulence is predicted, but usually things clear up thereafter.

Sounds like Trump over and over again along with an audience who cackle along in chorus-like chants of nervous laughter...a much debased version of sing along with Mitch who, I confess, I really like...most of the time! So sad what happened to America in the meantime, converging to a possible apocalypse headed by one of the most disgusting figures in American history along with the party he leads.

Good old Mitch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xe6TrWp0kc

The future national anthem of America may be a corrupted version of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ9DMRKv8-k
Last edited by Dubious on Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:31 pm Marina in Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya:
Oh dear :shock:, you've just triggered my goose PTSD.

Many years ago, I used to be the building supervisor of some large medical office buildings, and one of them,...

(because it had a pond and lots of grassy areas attached to it)

...was plagued with a vast infestation of those evil creatures who would routinely evacuate the vile stew from their plentiful bowels all over the sidewalks and parking lot, of which I was supposed to deal with.

Well, one day I noticed a huge gaggle of them on the sidewalk just outside one of the side entrances to the building. So, in an act of desperation, I burst out of the door and ran towards them, screaming like a wild banshee in the hope of scaring them away.

Unfortunately, as the entire group instantly rose into the air from the unexpected fright, poop exploded from their hind quarters and showered down on me like a rainstorm from hell.

Then, suddenly, it seemed as if something from one of those supernatural horror movies began to manifest, for they, and their surrounding cohorts, began circling the building and engulfing it as if it were the eye of a feathered hurricane.

However, instead of pelting the building with raindrops, it was with their stinking sludge that (according to biological studies of these monstrosities) comprises approximately 93% of their total body mass.

This went on for about 2 to 3 hours in a process where they took turns peeling off from this hellish vortex to feed on the nearby grass in order to refill their cavernous poop sacks.

(Note: another scientific fact about geese is that it only takes approximatly 4.5 minutes to not only convert freshly plucked grass into poop, but to move it from bill to butthole.)

Anyway, by the time they had finished (again, in about 2 to 3 hours), the entire building had been entombed in such a manner that can only be described as looking like one of those soft-served vanilla ice cream cones from Dairy Queen that had been dipped in a hardened coating of chocolate.

We were trapped inside until the fire department finally freed us later that evening.

Hence, my PTSD regarding geese.

(Disclaimer: the preceding story, although partially true, may have been slightly enhanced for entertainment purposes.)

_______
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Great story, rendered with real gusto. It reminds me of Trump, cheeseburgers and the effect of the Republican Party on the citizens of the U.S.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 pm
I hoped to elevate Dubes by the power of my will — I do bend spoons — but he cannot be moved sad as that is.
...a power unique enough to be your only one but sadly insufficient. The power to bend lies in facts as measured by its probabilities; not in the emergence of major mental defects.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dubious wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:20 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:19 pm
I hoped to elevate Dubes by the power of my will — I do bend spoons — but he cannot be moved sad as that is.
...a power unique enough to be your only one but sadly insufficient. The power to bend lies in facts as measured by its probabilities; not in the emergence of major mental defects.
Here, in solidarity.