The Myth of Mental Illness

For the discussion of philosophical books.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: The Myth of Mental Illness

Post by Sculptor »

meno_ wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:51 am
meno_ wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:07 am

“What part is so disagreeable?

The part that can be perceived I agree with, the other is hidden from sight but not necessarily disagreeable.”

Neither part is disagreeable that was your words not mine
You are not making sense.
You said:
I agree with this, but only in part

You said:

You are not making sense.
You said:

But the same opinion can be implied by saying this because sense is not made, it is reflected by underlying processes of optical processes. Without that, it is only contingency, opinion.
LOL
I said no such thing.
Bye for now
meno_

Re: The Myth of Mental Illness

Post by meno_ »

At any rate, to get back to the disagreeable part, that is, the masked part, that really consists of substantial subordinate processing, that is the reason the girl in this case does not understands, a primary series of cultural-social effects, which should and could link with the it, is present in a wider scene Szasz is presenting.

That part, develops to the relationship between the images the girl experiences with the developing role she thinks need to develop in later experiential relationships in school and at home.

Until she passes this treshold, the primary graded learning will embed, as a culturally affected myth. Social-educational methods will effect this mode of teaching, extending toward a time, when changes and educational goals will be developed to coincide generally with the uniform across the board test results broadly attained over a required stretch of time to expedite the finding and utilize them cross sectionals.

This time , from the time it began to be applied, did not include various ethnic groups who were held back even to the point where de-facto segregation did not occur to influence the various civil rights gains .

Hence, that split was overlooked, and did usually remained unaffected.

The myth of the backwardness of minority groups, were seen as beyond the scope of changes made to the ‘averige’ student . While groups, then could not transition to changes made, and the same is true in states of mental capacity, and it is ironic that up to recent times, mental illnesses could be predicated to failure to transition developmentally to successful secondary processing.