For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: The Mind.

Post by Harbal »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:47 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:11 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:17 pm
Well I don't. But imo Age represents a form of "evil" that has been present throughout history, only lately is it better being suppressed. Now Age personally seems rather inept and won't gather any followers, won't be able to start a cult or a religion or something like that. But it's the type that's interesting here, these people who have godly certainty, maybe literally believe that they are speaking for god or as god.
I don't quite see him like that. It's people like that horrible little specimen, Wizard, that concern me.
Can't comment much on Wizard. I don't know and don't want to know much about politics, because based on the little that I do know, I already disagree with almost everyone. And I'm not interested in it anyway. Wizard is some guy on the right who is being played by the powers that be, and he's debating guys on the left who are also being played by the powers that be?
I'm not interested in politics, either, and I would prefer to leave it to those who are interested, but people like Wizard make that difficult. He makes me worry just how many others like him there are out there. :x
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:00 pm We all have our individual character, personality, motivation, etc., and we have to take those things into account when we judge one another, and we do judge one another, that is human nature. I suspect we all think we are better judges of human nature than most of us probably are, and we come to conclusions that may or may not be fair.
Sure.
I have reached my own conclusions about various posters here, and, rightly or wrongly, I see Age as being well meaning and honest.
I don't think he's honest. Though it may be a matter of his lacking the tools to be. Well-meaning, as Atla points out, can create all sorts of problems. I mean Hitler meant well for Germany - not that I think Age is like Hitler, just going for the extreme end of what well-meaning can be.
We all think differently to some extent, but Age seems to think in a way that is outside the general borders withing which most of us operate. I think we should make allowances for this, but many here do not think that, which is their entitlement.
I don't mind that he think outside the general borders. IOW I don't mind that his beliefs are what they are. It's more the dynamic he sets up with people. I am pretty sure I dislike his ideas. I don't think he will have a big influence on things, but I do think that's a good thing. Not because we'd all be weird but I think his ideas are harmful. It's a bit hard to tell because he mainly implies things or keeps his ideas at a very general level.
I don't know about that, but I do know that he's often had me almost crying off-screen.
Yes, well, there's that. He's incredibly annoying. But I actually have more of a problem with his dynamics with people. In Age I am guessing this will never be particularly harmful because he's...well...so annoying. I think that will nearly completely keep him from having much influence.
Yes, without a doubt, and it is perfectly understandable. My attitude is based on my interpretation of his conduct, and I realise that is just a personal view that others may very well not share.
Yes, likewise on my part.
Yes, and that is something we all have to expect and accept when we voice our opinions and beliefs in a public forum.
And everyone, including Age can back away or ignore certain people. Not that that means any behavior here is peachy. I think IC should be publically spanked by people with feminine traits...and regularly.
Atla

Post by Atla »

By the way Age may not be able to believe this, but if she could prove her mind claim, I would adopt it. It's what I do.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:56 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:47 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:11 pm

I don't quite see him like that. It's people like that horrible little specimen, Wizard, that concern me.
Can't comment much on Wizard. I don't know and don't want to know much about politics, because based on the little that I do know, I already disagree with almost everyone. And I'm not interested in it anyway. Wizard is some guy on the right who is being played by the powers that be, and he's debating guys on the left who are also being played by the powers that be?
I'm not interested in politics, either, and I would prefer to leave it to those who are interested, but people like Wizard make that difficult. He makes me worry just how many others like him there are out there. :x
Quite a lot I guess. Dunno, let's see.. I'm thinking, the average person on the "right" is not very intelligent. And perversely, it's this very lack of intelligence that keeps the powers that be in power, the dumb person can't perceive them, so the powers that be are safe "up above".
The powers that be then direct the attention of the right towards the left, they present the left as the enemy.
The dumb right is fanaticized and is fighting the left. Along come the Wizards who are somewhat smarter than the average rightist, but not smart enough to realize that the left was also manipulated from above and its arrogance was used against it, that's why the left is sticking to such bullshit views and lies.
The Wizards fight the left with great zeal, as they are expected to do.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:06 pm By the way Age may not be able to believe this, but if she could prove her mind claim, I would adopt it. It's what I do.
From Age's own description of how he came to a belief we have...
But I was never presuming nor assuming nor believing anything was true, which would need questioning. I just waiting OPENLY until the actual and irrefutable Truth came through. Which, when 'looked at', properly and Correctly, what became obvious was that 'this' was always Right, all along anyway.
For him, his beliefs are self-evident and potentially abstract. Rare birds. Caught in the binoculars without proof.
If they are self-evident to him, he arrived at them without proof. I'm not sure he knows one nor, really, thinks one needs one.

Age quote from:
viewtopic.php?p=697121#p697121
Atla

Post by Atla »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:08 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:06 pm By the way Age may not be able to believe this, but if she could prove her mind claim, I would adopt it. It's what I do.
From Age's own description of how he came to a belief we have...
But I was never presuming nor assuming nor believing anything was true, which would need questioning. I just waiting OPENLY until the actual and irrefutable Truth came through. Which, when 'looked at', properly and Correctly, what became obvious was that 'this' was always Right, all along anyway.
For him, his beliefs are self-evident and potentially abstract. Rare birds. Caught in the binoculars without proof.
If they are self-evident to him, he arrived at them without proof. I'm not sure he knows one nor, really, thinks one needs one.

Age quote from:
viewtopic.php?p=697121#p697121
Yeah I know, and it's an epic red flag. But maybe Age learned how to prove it afterwards.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:21 pm Yeah I know, and it's an epic red flag. But maybe Age learned how to prove it afterwards.
Fair enough.
The other red flag being the never ending bureaucracy one must go through to...
Well, actually we don't know that there's anything on the other side.
“Before the Law stands a doorkeeper on guard. To this doorkeeper there comes a man from the country who begs for admittance to the Law. But the doorkeeper says that he cannot admit the man at the moment. The man, on reflection, asks if he will be allowed, then, to enter later. 'It is possible,' answers the doorkeeper, 'but not at this moment.' Since the door leading into the Law stands open as usual and the doorkeeper steps to one side, the man bends down to peer through the entrance. When the doorkeeper sees that, he laughs and says: 'If you are so strongly tempted, try to get in without my permission. But note that I am powerful. And I am only the lowest doorkeeper. From hall to hall keepers stand at every door, one more powerful than the other. Even the third of these has an aspect that even I cannot bear to look at.' These are difficulties which the man from the country has not expected to meet, the Law, he thinks, should be accessible to every man and at all times, but when he looks more closely at the doorkeeper in his furred robe, with his huge pointed nose and long, thin, Tartar beard, he decides that he had better wait until he gets permission to enter. The doorkeeper gives him a stool and lets him sit down at the side of the door. There he sits waiting for days and years. He makes many attempts to be allowed in and wearies the doorkeeper with his importunity. The doorkeeper often engages him in brief conversation, asking him about his home and about other matters, but the questions are put quite impersonally, as great men put questions, and always conclude with the statement that the man cannot be allowed to enter yet. The man, who has equipped himself with many things for his journey, parts with all he has, however valuable, in the hope of bribing the doorkeeper. The doorkeeper accepts it all, saying, however, as he takes each gift: 'I take this only to keep you from feeling that you have left something undone.' During all these long years the man watches the doorkeeper almost incessantly. He forgets about the other doorkeepers, and this one seems to him the only barrier between himself and the Law. In the first years he curses his evil fate aloud; later, as he grows old, he only mutters to himself. He grows childish, and since in his prolonged watch he has learned to know even the fleas in the doorkeeper's fur collar, he begs the very fleas to help him and to persuade the doorkeeper to change his mind. Finally his eyes grow dim and he does not know whether the world is really darkening around him or whether his eyes are only deceiving him. But in the darkness he can now perceive a radiance that streams immortally from the door of the Law. Now his life is drawing to a close. Before he dies, all that he has experienced during the whole time of his sojourn condenses in his mind into one question, which he has never yet put to the doorkeeper. He beckons the doorkeeper, since he can no longer raise his stiffening body. The doorkeeper has to bend far down to hear him, for the difference in size between them has increased very much to the man's disadvantage. 'What do you want to know now?' asks the doorkeeper, 'you are insatiable.' 'Everyone strives to attain the Law,' answers the man, 'how does it come about, then, that in all these years no one has come seeking admittance but me?' The doorkeeper perceives that the man is at the end of his strength and that his hearing is failing, so he bellows in his ear: 'No one but you could gain admittance through this door, since this door was intended only for you. I am now going to shut it.”
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:11 pmWizard,
Why summon me to this thread, Hairball??? You should use your magical powers more selectively....you need some help, eh?

AgeGPT is programmed by a Christian Universalist that literally believes that "All Is One In The Mind Of God".

Any "separation" is an illusion, a "distancing" from God. This is why "Age" rejects two minds, many minds, eight billion human individuals. This is also why "Age" rejects "beliefs", because to have a "belief" is also a separation from God. Age interchangeably switches between "Views" and "Beliefs" as a means to 'purify' his earthly existence, which he considers No Longer human. Age believes that if he/it remains "only open-minded" then he/it can retain its "One-ness" with God.

There, happy now? I'll just assume you apologized upon reading this... (and you're down one summoning card)
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

By the way, his condition has a philosophical name:

It's called Solipsism. And it's mistakable to Autism.

Post by Age »

?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:06 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:02 am
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am
By showing the proof to rational people in a way they can understand.
I have yet to see a Truly 'rational' one here.

For, obviously, if there was, then absolutely every thing they said and wrote here would be Truly 'rational' to every one or others here.

Has absolutely anyone accomplished this feat yet.

Also, firstly;

How does one find a so-called 'rational person'?

And,

How then does one just prove to 'that person' some thing while they believe the opposite is true?

For example, how does one prove to another that God does not exist, while the other is believing that God does exist?

Or, are you now going to suggest that if one is believing that God does exist, then that one is not rational. Then, are you then going to suggest that only those who agree with and believe what you agree with and believe is true are the so-called 'rational ones' here?

By the way, who and what are Truly 'rational people', very sadly, very quickly 'grow out' of being like this, and 'grow up' into adult human beings. Also, in the days when this is being written you adult human beings have not yet learned how to become Truly 'rational people' again, nor fully and continually.

But, just like everything else here all of these things are just an evolving learning process, which you adult human being posters here are yet to evolve into, and thus yet to catch up to as well.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am You don't know this therefore you have no idea about humans, I've never known someone like this. Pretty sure even many 6-year-olds know what you don't.
Okay. Will you provide any examples?

Of course you will not.

Also, did you answer the actual questions I posed and asked you for clarification and clarity above here "atla"?

Of course not.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am
The other thing that many 6-year-olds understand and you don't, is that simply stating that something is the actual Truth is not enough.
So, you, once again, missed what I was actually talking about and referring to here.

But, this was a very, very common habit of yours here "atla" anyway.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am I can state that the actual Truth is that I'm an 5000 years old demi-god, but rational people will want to have it proven first, otherwise it's dismissed as nonsense.
you could. But considering the Fact that I have never ever said nor written absolutely anywhere absolutely any thing like this, shows and proves just how Truly closed, twisted, distorted, and ridiculous 'your views' are here and even just 'the way' you have been 'looking at' and thus 'seeing' things here are, exactly.
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:57 am I ask you to prove your mind claim please.
I once again show a prime example of one who is so self-centered and/or just inwardly looking that it cannot bring "itself" to do what I have pointed out and said here.

Will you answer the clarifying questions asked above here?

if not, then why not?

Why are you so pathetically scared and weak of here "atla"?

you think you are so better than another that you believe you do not have to even ask them for things here. you actually believe that you can just tell another what to do and that they should and/or even better do it.

you can try to 'dress' things up in anyway you like "atla" but it just is not working.

Now, you will prove me, once again, that you cannot even find a 'rational person' here in this forum, because you will certainly not have the courage to name one, and you will not show how you can prove some thing to that one when they are believing the opposite of what you believe. Until you do, which, obviously, will never ever happen by you, what you say here, once more, just exists in your own tiny little world of imagination, itself.

Unless, of course, you could actually prove me Wrong here, which, I for one, would love to see you do "atla". So, please go ahead and do this.
Not a single word where Age attempts to prove its mind claim.
I have already partly done so. you, once again, just keep missing it.

Post by Age »

By the way, and once again, for the umpteenth time, I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing, except for one thing. So, obviously I am not going to start choosing to believe what "atla" just said and wrote here. So, once more, using the 'believe' word in relation to 'me' is just moot.

Also the other words that this one uses here moots what it is trying to say and claim as well, anyway.

Now, and again, after this one explains how it can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite, then I will learn and know how to prove that there is only one Mind while it 'currently' keeps believing that there are 'many minds'.

Until then I have absolutely no idea nor clue how to prove some thing to someone while they are believing the opposite is true.

I am also OPEN to absolutely anyone as well teaching me how they can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite is true.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:57 pm
Atla wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:06 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:02 am

I have yet to see a Truly 'rational' one here.

For, obviously, if there was, then absolutely every thing they said and wrote here would be Truly 'rational' to every one or others here.

Has absolutely anyone accomplished this feat yet.

Also, firstly;

How does one find a so-called 'rational person'?

And,

How then does one just prove to 'that person' some thing while they believe the opposite is true?

For example, how does one prove to another that God does not exist, while the other is believing that God does exist?

Or, are you now going to suggest that if one is believing that God does exist, then that one is not rational. Then, are you then going to suggest that only those who agree with and believe what you agree with and believe is true are the so-called 'rational ones' here?

By the way, who and what are Truly 'rational people', very sadly, very quickly 'grow out' of being like this, and 'grow up' into adult human beings. Also, in the days when this is being written you adult human beings have not yet learned how to become Truly 'rational people' again, nor fully and continually.

But, just like everything else here all of these things are just an evolving learning process, which you adult human being posters here are yet to evolve into, and thus yet to catch up to as well.

Okay. Will you provide any examples?

Of course you will not.

Also, did you answer the actual questions I posed and asked you for clarification and clarity above here "atla"?

Of course not.

So, you, once again, missed what I was actually talking about and referring to here.

But, this was a very, very common habit of yours here "atla" anyway.

you could. But considering the Fact that I have never ever said nor written absolutely anywhere absolutely any thing like this, shows and proves just how Truly closed, twisted, distorted, and ridiculous 'your views' are here and even just 'the way' you have been 'looking at' and thus 'seeing' things here are, exactly.

I once again show a prime example of one who is so self-centered and/or just inwardly looking that it cannot bring "itself" to do what I have pointed out and said here.

Will you answer the clarifying questions asked above here?

if not, then why not?

Why are you so pathetically scared and weak of here "atla"?

you think you are so better than another that you believe you do not have to even ask them for things here. you actually believe that you can just tell another what to do and that they should and/or even better do it.

you can try to 'dress' things up in anyway you like "atla" but it just is not working.

Now, you will prove me, once again, that you cannot even find a 'rational person' here in this forum, because you will certainly not have the courage to name one, and you will not show how you can prove some thing to that one when they are believing the opposite of what you believe. Until you do, which, obviously, will never ever happen by you, what you say here, once more, just exists in your own tiny little world of imagination, itself.

Unless, of course, you could actually prove me Wrong here, which, I for one, would love to see you do "atla". So, please go ahead and do this.
Not a single word where Age attempts to prove its mind claim.
I have already partly done so. you, once again, just keep missing it.
You are incapable of proving your mind claim, therefore I have every reason to view you as just a delusional liar, nothing more.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:52 am
By the way, and once again, for the umpteenth time, I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing, except for one thing. So, obviously I am not going to start choosing to believe what "atla" just said and wrote here. So, once more, using the 'believe' word in relation to 'me' is just moot.

Also the other words that this one uses here moots what it is trying to say and claim as well, anyway.

Now, and again, after this one explains how it can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite, then I will learn and know how to prove that there is only one Mind while it 'currently' keeps believing that there are 'many minds'.

Until then I have absolutely no idea nor clue how to prove some thing to someone while they are believing the opposite is true.

I am also OPEN to absolutely anyone as well teaching me how they can prove some thing to another while the other is believing the opposite is true.
You are incapable of proving your mind claim, therefore I have every reason to view you as just a delusional liar, nothing more.
VVilliam

Post by VVilliam »

Age wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:42 am There is only one 'Mind' and not many, as some might have first thought, or believed, there is.
I have heard of a similar claim from a theory which has it that the one Mind is the cause of all that exists and that it fragmented into the many forms of its creation effectively becoming the many minds of those objects of creation.