The Mind.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The Mind.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:36 am
To me, the word 'mind' is just referring to 'that part' within all human beings, which is always open, and which is what has been and is still allowing all human beings, individually and collectively, to keep dreaming, imagining, devising, building, creating, and learning more and more newer and newer things, all of the time.

This part of and/or within all human beings, is 'exact same thing', and which, to me, is what the word 'mind' is referring to, exactly. And, as 'that thing', which is within everyone is 'the exact same', then there is only One of, and One, only.

Does this help in any way?
It might to some extent. I can see what you are getting at, but I still don't understand why you look at it like that. If we all have minds, why not just leave it at that.
But, none of you human beings 'have' minds, That is the point.

1. you human beings do not 'have minds', although lots of people think and believe they do. Just like 'the sun does not go revolve around the earth', like lots of people thought and believed it did.

2. To say or claim that you human beings 'have' minds, implies that you human beings are somehow separated from, above, beyond, or not a part of those thought to be or believed to be different 'minds'.
Harbal wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am We all have hearts that are all the same, or at least to the same extent that minds are all the same, so why not say there is only one Heart?
Because there are obviously different individual hearts within different individual human bodies, just like there are different individual arms, brains, and thoughts within different individual human bodies.

And, considering that there is one 'Thing' within all individually different human bodies, which does the exact same thing, has the exact same function, functions in the exact same identical way within everyone, and is in no way noticeably different within any two different human bodies, then providing a name, label, or term for this One 'thing' could help in understanding you human beings a whole lot better, including how you actually work, or mis/behave, as well as understanding a whole lot of other things here. So, when trying the 'Mind' word out and when that word was applied to this 'Thing' being talked about here, then further and more things coming to fit together more perfectly, making things much clearer and simpler and easier to understand here. When far, far easier, simpler, and far, far less confusing, then when the 'mind' word is used and applied to so many different things. There are after all just about as many different definitions for the 'mind' word, as there are human beings who can consider what the 'mind' word might actually be referring to, exactly.

People are said to be still looking for and searching for answers/resolutions here, in the days when this is being written.

Obviously, all of the other countless definitions for the 'mind' word, have not been working out in clearing up things here, once and for all.

I am just saying I stumbled across another way of looking at things here and another way of finding definitions, which work perfectly together, and which form a crystal clear view and perspective of things.
Now, also, absolutely any one can say and claim the word 'mind' refers to some other thing, and if so, then what do 'we' agree upon and accept as a word or term of 'that thing' that I am just saying and calling the 'Mind' here?
I suppose you could call it whatever you like, but I don't know how many people would agree that the thing it refers to exists.
Okay, and this might just be because what that 'Thing' is, exactly, as not be thought about and discussed here previously, correct?
Harbal wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:05 am I suspect the vast majority prefer to think in terms of individual minds, and I have to say that I am one of them.
Which is perfectly great and even perfectly understandable.

Just like the vast majority or people preferred to think and/or believe in terms that 'The sun does revolve around the earth', and I have to say that you would have been one of them also, right?

And, let us not forget that would people 'prefer' to think, believe, or imagine is true, is not necessarily true at all. This applies to individuals and/or all collectively, and anywhere in between.

If absolutely no one even wants to just consider something different here from what they 'prefer' to think or believe is true, then this also is perfectly fine and okay with me. As doing so shows and proves something else I will want to talk about and discuss, one day.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:52 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:36 am
To me, the word 'mind' is just referring to 'that part' within all human beings, which is always open, and which is what has been and is still allowing all human beings, individually and collectively, to keep dreaming, imagining, devising, building, creating, and learning more and more newer and newer things, all of the time.

This part of and/or within all human beings, is 'exact same thing', and which, to me, is what the word 'mind' is referring to, exactly. And, as 'that thing', which is within everyone is 'the exact same', then there is only One of, and One, only.

Does this help in any way?
It might to some extent. I can see what you are getting at, but I still don't understand why you look at it like that. If we all have minds, why not just leave it at that.

1. you human beings do not 'have minds', although lots of people think and believe they do. Just like 'the sun does not go revolve around the earth', like lots of people thought and believed it did.
I disagree with you; I think human beings do have minds.
2. To say or claim that you human beings 'have' minds, implies that you human beings are somehow separated from, above, beyond, or not a part of those thought to be or believed to be different 'minds'.
I don't understand what you mean.
Obviously, all of the other countless definitions for the 'mind' word, have not been working out in clearing up things here, once and for all.

I am just saying I stumbled across another way of looking at things here and another way of finding definitions, which work perfectly together, and which form a crystal clear view and perspective of things.
Your way of looking at things might work for you, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:I suppose you could call it whatever you like, but I don't know how many people would agree that the thing it refers to exists.
Okay, and this might just be because what that 'Thing' is, exactly, as not be thought about and discussed here previously, correct?
No, I don't think so. I think only a few would agree with you because that 'Thing' doesn't make much sense.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:I suspect the vast majority prefer to think in terms of individual minds, and I have to say that I am one of them.

Just like the vast majority or people preferred to think and/or believe in terms that 'The sun does revolve around the earth', and I have to say that you would have been one of them also, right?
Yes, I would have been one of them, but I don't think that can be compared with this situation.
And, let us not forget that would people 'prefer' to think, believe, or imagine is true, is not necessarily true at all. This applies to individuals and/or all collectively, and anywhere in between.
That is true, and I think you are an example of it in this case.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:25 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:52 am

I disagree with you; I think human beings do have minds.
Okay, but you have already made this known, which I thought I had already acknowledged that I was already aware of.

Also, remember a lot of people disagreed with just one who was saying and claiming that the earth revolved around the sun because they thought or believe the sun revolved around the earth.

And, a lot of them 'died' still thinking or believing that the sun revolved around the earth because did not just want to listen to 'the other'. Those one preferred to just keep thinking or believing that they knew better, and so just ended up 'dying', 'that way'.
The word have, which I highlighted in single sky commas, means or refers 'not being the word after the 'have' word', because one is separated from 'that thing' in some way, and possesses or owns 'that thing' in some way. For example, if 'you' 'have' 'a car', then you are 'not that car', while the 'have' word implies that 'you' also 'own' 'that car', or 'posses' 'that car' in some way or another.

Do you understand what I mean now, or at all in any way?

Your way of looking at things might work for you, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Which, once again, is perfectly normal, perfectly acceptable, and perfectly understandable, and is especially more so true because you do not yet even have absolutely any real idea nor clue as to the 'very way' I 'look at' things, yet.

I have been somewhat expressing what I have 'seen'. I have not really gone into absolutely any detail at all about 'the way' I 'look at' 'things'. This is for another day.

If you want to keep 'seeing' that there are 'many minds', then by all means please feel absolutely free to keep doing so. No one says that the people who want to keep 'seeing', 'the Universe began, or is expanding', 'the sun revolving around the earth', or even that 'the earth is flat' are under some sort of obligation to stop 'seeing' what they want to 'see'. And, this applies to absolutely every one and about absolutely every thing. From my perspective, you human beings are absolutely free to 'see' all things in absolutely any way you all want to.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:I suppose you could call it whatever you like, but I don't know how many people would agree that the thing it refers to exists.
No, I don't think so. I think only a few would agree with you because that 'Thing' doesn't make much sense.
And, to actually prove that that 'Thing' does not, yet, make 'much sense', I could ask "harbal" here, 'What is that 'Thing', which you just spoke of and wrote about here, exactly?

And, and correct me, once again, if I am wrong or incorrect in absolutely any way here, you do not actually even yet know what that 'Thing' is, exactly, which I spoke of and wrote about, correct?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:I suspect the vast majority prefer to think in terms of individual minds, and I have to say that I am one of them.

Yes, I would have been one of them, but I don't think that can be compared with this situation.
Why do you that that cannot be compared with this situation?

What is the actual difference in situations here?
How exactly?

It is because I think there is just one Mind only, here?

Or, is it for some other reason?

If for some other reason, then what is/are that/those reason or reasons, exactly?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:28 am
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:56 pm
Age wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:42 am There is only one 'Mind' and not many, as some might have first thought, or believed, there is.
Prove it. (Don't ask me dozens of questions again about my take on the mind, like last time, and then prove nothing. Just prove it.)
Every time you 'tell me what to do', you will not 'get it', literally.
If I ask you to do it, you don't do it, if I tell you to do it, you don't do it, and if I don't ask you to do it, you don't do it either. You haven't tried to prove it to others either. It is clear that you are incapable of proving your mind claim that you have been talking about non-stop for over 5 years and keep telling us to challenge you on it. Not one iota of progress after tens of thousands of comments.

I suppose for some of those living on welfare and having nothing to do for the rest of their lives other than being actively crazy, this is a "good life".
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:47 am
The word have, which I highlighted in single sky commas, means or refers 'not being the word after the 'have' word', because one is separated from 'that thing' in some way, and possesses or owns 'that thing' in some way. For example, if 'you' 'have' 'a car', then you are 'not that car', while the 'have' word implies that 'you' also 'own' 'that car', or 'posses' 'that car' in some way or another.

Yes, I think so.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:Your way of looking at things might work for you, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Which, once again, is perfectly normal, perfectly acceptable, and perfectly understandable, and is especially more so true because you do not yet even have absolutely any real idea nor clue as to the 'very way' I 'look at' things, yet.

I have been somewhat expressing what I have 'seen'. I have not really gone into absolutely any detail at all about 'the way' I 'look at' 'things'. This is for another day.

If you want to keep 'seeing' that there are 'many minds', then by all means please feel absolutely free to keep doing so. No one says that the people who want to keep 'seeing', 'the Universe began, or is expanding', 'the sun revolving around the earth', or even that 'the earth is flat' are under some sort of obligation to stop 'seeing' what they want to 'see'. And, this applies to absolutely every one and about absolutely every thing. From my perspective, you human beings are absolutely free to 'see' all things in absolutely any way you all want to.
Aren't you also a human being?
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:
Age wrote:And, let us not forget that would people 'prefer' to think, believe, or imagine is true, is not necessarily true at all. This applies to individuals and/or all collectively, and anywhere in between.
How exactly?
I think you are just believing what you prefer to believe.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am
Atla wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:56 pm
Prove it. (Don't ask me dozens of questions again about my take on the mind, like last time, and then prove nothing. Just prove it.)
If I ask you to do it, you don't do it, if I tell you to do it, you don't do it, and if I don't ask you to do it, you don't do it either.
I will say this once again "atla". As far as I recall you have never ever asked me to prove absolutely any thing for you here.

Can you comprehend and understand this?

Now, you might like to say and claim that I have, but until proof is provided, then it are 'yours word' against 'my words'.

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am You haven't tried to prove it to others either.
This is extremely funny considering that you say and claim this in this very thread of all things, titled: The Mind, and what I have obviously said and written so far.
Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am It is clear that you are incapable of proving your mind claim that you have been talking about non-stop for over 5 years and keep telling us to challenge you on it. Not one iota of progress after tens of thousands of comments.
Again, that you say and claim this in actual thread of all places is even more hilarious.
Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am I suppose for some of those living on welfare and having nothing to do for the rest of their lives other than being actively crazy, this is a "good life".
And, that you already 'know' that you having to go 'to work' 'to pay' for this 'good life' I 'am having' is even more satisfying and rewarding, right?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 am
Age wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:47 am

Yes, I think so.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote:Your way of looking at things might work for you, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

No.

Now, 'look at' your question, and 'look at', and consider, my answer, before anyone makes a presumption, and jumps to a conclusion, which may be Wrong and/or False.
Age wrote:
Harbal wrote: That is true, and I think you are an example of it in this case.
How exactly?
I think you are just believing what you prefer to believe.
And, I will inform you here that what you are thinking here 100% Wrong, and for a couple of reasons.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:33 am
No.

Now, 'look at' your question, and 'look at', and consider, my answer, before anyone makes a presumption, and jumps to a conclusion, which may be Wrong and/or False.
Well are you a human being?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:13 am
Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:33 am
No.

Well are you a human being?
yes, I have always said this.

Now that this is settled, once again, does anyone want to delve into how there is, or even could be, just one Mind only?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:26 am

If I ask you to do it, you don't do it, if I tell you to do it, you don't do it, and if I don't ask you to do it, you don't do it either.
I will say this once again "atla". As far as I recall you have never ever asked me to prove absolutely any thing for you here.

Now, you might like to say and claim that I have, but until proof is provided, then it are 'yours word' against 'my words'.

Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am You haven't tried to prove it to others either.
This is extremely funny considering that you say and claim this in this very thread of all things, titled: The Mind, and what I have obviously said and written so far.
Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am It is clear that you are incapable of proving your mind claim that you have been talking about non-stop for over 5 years and keep telling us to challenge you on it. Not one iota of progress after tens of thousands of comments.
Again, that you say and claim this in actual thread of all places is even more hilarious.
Atla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:03 am I suppose for some of those living on welfare and having nothing to do for the rest of their lives other than being actively crazy, this is a "good life".
And, that you already 'know' that you having to go 'to work' 'to pay' for this 'good life' I 'am having' is even more satisfying and rewarding, right?
You haven't tried to prove your mind claim in this topic either, you just gave a quick intro on it. I already knew the intro.

Now I ask you to prove your mind claim.

Let's see what happens now that those three letters were explicitly written down? (It was implicit many times before but God is autistic.)

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 am

You haven't tried to prove your mind claim in this topic either, you just gave a quick intro on it. I already knew the intro.
Okay, if you say so.

How do you propose that you, supposedly, 'already knew' 'the intro'?

Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 am Now I ask you to prove your mind claim.
Where have you now, supposedly, asked me to prove my mind claim?
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 am Let's see what happens now that those three letters were explicitly written down? (It was implicit many times before but God is autistic.)
I have no idea what these two sentences, and one with a question mark, are meant to even be in reference to.

What three letters are you talking about?

And, do you 'now' believe that God is real?

If yes, then okay.

But, if no, then why are you trying to claim that God, Itself, is autistic?

By, the way, could you "atla" be 'autistic' in any way at all?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:20 am

Okay, if you say so.

Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:39 am Let's see what happens now that those three letters were explicitly written down? (It was implicit many times before but God is autistic.)
I have no idea what these two sentences, and one with a question mark, are meant to even be in reference to.

If yes, then okay.

Let's try again:

I ask you to prove your mind claim.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:25 am
Okay, if you say so.

If yes, then okay.

Let's try again:

Is this really the way you ask for something?

Also, tell me how you can prove something to another, while the other believes the opposite is true?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:00 am
Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:25 am

Okay, if you say so.

If yes, then okay.

Let's try again:

Is this really the way you ask for something?

Also, tell me how you can prove something to another, while the other believes the opposite is true?
You are assuming that everyone else is insane. But to rational people, beliefs are rendered irrelevant when we have proof to the contrary.

I ask you to prove your mind claim please.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Atla wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:25 pm You are assuming that everyone else is insane. But to rational people, beliefs are rendered irrelevant when we have proof to the contrary.
One wonders if he has never had the experience of believing X is true. Then he meets someone who shows him things that show X is not true. Or he encounters them himself.

If not, one can have sympathy for his non-rational conclusions about everyone else.

Or, really no. How can he has missed that people who have believed in all sorts of things have later, in the face of counterevidence, changed their minds, let go of that belief.

Just imagine how humans and even history must look to someone who gives 'believe' such power in all situations in all people.

I wonder which views he has changed since he started posting here.

He has claimed his assertions are views, not beliefs. Presumably views can be changed, though I see little evidence of it.