Where is the philosophy???

Welcome to the forum

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Where is the philosophy???

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:49 pm
Age wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:03 pm

Please explain what you mean by the above.
Do you believe that you are the best "philosopher" here?
No. In fact I thought I was making it quite clear that the people who even think that way are all a bit mad.
So, you actually do not even believe that you are one of the 'best philosophers' here anyway.

Which, to some, says 'a lot' about 'how little' faith, confidence, or trust this one has in its own ability here as a 'philosopher'.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:49 pm I am however one of the competent persons in this field, and you are one of the incompetent ones, so I am better at it than you.
Are the people who believe that they are 'competent people in a field' and believe that they are 'better' at 'it', than another, not a 'bit mad' at all, to you?

Also, how confident are you that you are one of the competent people in this field here?
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:49 pm
Age wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:30 pm Do you believe that you are the best at other things here?
Such as what?
Anything of your choosing.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Age wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:42 am Which, by the way, "flashdangerpants" is one of the ones here who believes that it is not just the best "philsopher" here but is also the best at other things as well here.
Please explain what you meant by the words that you wrote and which I am accurately quoting here.
Not some other words. Don't substitute "one of the best ..." when what you wrote was "the best".
Please explain what you were insnuating with the words also the best at other things as well here when you wrote them.

Post by Age »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:43 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:03 pm
Age wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:42 am Which, by the way, "flashdangerpants" is one of the ones here who believes that it is not just the best "philsopher" here but is also the best at other things as well here.
Please explain what you mean by the above. Don't fob me off.
Just put Age on ignore.
On a page asking where is the philosophy he just turns the thread into a childish bickering match.
Once more, it is 'me' who is claimed to have control over all of these people here.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:43 pm As you will observe, despite you asking him not to fob you off he does exactly that with more stupid questions.
It's such a shame what is happening to the Forum.
I do not just have power and control over these people and how they react or misbehave here, but 'now' it is 'I' who has power and control over the whole forum here.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:43 pm It tends to go in cycles, but is in a low point ATM. Eventually those that are not interested in philosophy tend to drift away if you stop feeding them.
Okay. I will remember this.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:10 pm
Please explain what you meant by the words that you wrote and which I am accurately quoting here.
But what I meant is in the words that I used. Which, if you have forgotten already, you have already clarified that you are not even one of the ones who believes that it is the best philosopher here.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:10 pm Not some other words. Don't substitute "one of the best ..." when what you wrote was "the best".
Okay.

And notice how much effort and 'time' they can put into some things I say and claim, but never any effort nor 'time' into other things I say and claim.

But anyway,
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:10 pm Please explain what you were insnuating with the words also the best at other things as well here when you wrote them.
Do you believe that you are the best at other things as well here?

I do not think I could break this down, elaborate on this, nor simplify this any further, even for you "flashdangerpants".

If you cannot understand here, then as others here would say, I cannot understand, for you.

Also, why are you presuming or believing that I was 'insinuating' absolutely anything here?

Look, if you want to say and claim that you are not one of the ones who believes that it is not the best philosopher here and/nor also not the best at other things here, then this is all well as good.

But some might just point out and say that you are not coming across as someone with much belief in "yourself" here now.
FlashDangerpants

Age wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:25 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:10 pm Please explain what you were insnuating with the words also the best at other things as well here when you wrote them.

I do not think I could break this down, elaborate on this, nor simplify this any further, even for you "flashdangerpants".
Then why did you bother to write those words at all? They communicate nothing and explain nothing, did you write them because you are just in the business of writing random pointless shit?
puto

Post by puto »

Sculptor is that a threat? Direct or instantiated acceptance is a threat. Sculptor, your so called reasoning, is direct or instantiated acceptance of a conclusion. Being, circumstantial in your replies is one of begging the question? Can you figure that fallacy out begging the question? Being, circumstantial in your replies can you figure out that fallacy?
This is to show ignorance of fallacies, just because you cannot prove it to be true. Composition was one of my majors, just because you cannot prove it to be true. This is to show ignorance of fallacies, composition was one of my majors. Division that is one fallacy. You need to learn one fallacy. Division is what you need to learn.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:47 pm Here's how I think of Age:

Here's how I think of Walker.
:lol:

Look away! I'm hideous!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

puto wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:58 am Sculptor is that a threat? Direct or instantiated acceptance is a threat. Sculptor, your so called reasoning, is direct or instantiated acceptance of a conclusion. Being, circumstantial in your replies is one of begging the question? Can you figure that fallacy out begging the question? Being, circumstantial in your replies can you figure out that fallacy?
This is to show ignorance of fallacies, just because you cannot prove it to be true. Composition was one of my majors, just because you cannot prove it to be true. This is to show ignorance of fallacies, composition was one of my majors. Division that is one fallacy. You need to learn one fallacy. Division is what you need to learn.
You might want to learn how to use the quote function as this bit of word salad that you have written is completely without context.
"Composition was one of my Majors".. LOL
puto

Post by puto »

Yes, you really do know philosophy. :D

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:52 pm

Then why did you bother to write those words at all?
To see how you would respond.
quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=694892 time=1707317570 user_id=11800]
They communicate nothing and explain nothing, did you write them because you are just in the business of writing random pointless shit?
[/quote]

But I think you have already proved my point.
FlashDangerpants

Age wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:30 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:52 pm

Then why did you bother to write those words at all?
To see how you would respond.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:52 pm They communicate nothing and explain nothing, did you write them because you are just in the business of writing random pointless shit?
But I think you have already proved my point.
In that belief you are mistaken.
puto

Post by puto »

Sculptor, you are a philosopher. I was wondering what kind do you practice?
puto

Post by puto »

puto wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:05 am Sculptor, you are a philosopher. I was wondering what kind do you practice?
puto

Post by puto »

Sculptor, asking for your experience is a valid question, and deserves an answer to the question. This is just the first, level of thinking, as I am sure you know. Epistemological privilege to this question is up for argument.
puto

Post by puto »

Sculptor, asking for your experience is a valid question, and deserves an answer to the question. This is just the first, level of thinking, as I am sure you know. Epistemological privilege to this question is up for argument. As an autonomous agent what do you believe? Opinions are valid, and deserve analysis. Your behavior states that you do not believe in free will? Is this true and why, please?